Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: chapel/feodum  (Read 2526 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
chapel/feodum
« on: August 17, 2013, 08:06:03 pm »

This has probably been discussed somewhere, but chapel with feodum is very powerful.  My chapel fell in such a way that on turn 6 I trashed everything I had, gaining 3 silvers from feodum.  From there I was able to purchase 5 provinces by turn 15 which won the game

The cards:

the log:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130817/log.515f2508e4b09ee2d2aa5c19.1376781480886.txt
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:07:42 pm by 2.71828..... »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Re: chapel/feodum
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 01:38:05 pm »

How does this compare to Chapel/Treasure Map? TM gives you 4 Gold for two $4-costs, while Feodum would give you 6 Silvers and is easier (?) to activate.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

It is a lot easier. You have everything you need after t2 while you have only one treasure map after t2. And then you need another 4$ hand which you might have, but there is no too low a chance to have chapel/E/CCC and EE/CCC on t3/4 or chapel/CCCC and EEE/CC or EE/CCC.
With feodum you can just trash everyting down, maybe get another silver, get a gold and there you go. It's not vulnerable to swindler (yes, I played horribly) since you'll only have chapel/3 silvers once you're done. The only thing might be your chapel gets hit, but otherwise..

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 09:47:40 pm »

Why did either of you buy highway over treasury on a board without +buy. Were you hoping for hermit or swindler shenanigans?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:41 am »

Why did either of you buy highway over treasury on a board without +buy. Were you hoping for hermit or swindler shenanigans?

Maybe because of Noble Brigand?

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 04:30:44 am »

Yes.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 04:46:07 am »

I actually did this once before.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »

Yes.

How does that help? If the point is that Highway in deck I'd a non-treasure that NB may flip, you could choose to not return Treasury. Maybe it's just easier to not be given the choice.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 01:15:09 pm »

...You draw your treasuries before they attack you...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 03:31:43 pm »

...You draw your treasuries before they attack you...

Not sure what you're getting at.  My question was, why does NB make you prefer Highway over Treasury?  Highway is no better at protecting you from NB attacks than Treasury.  The only possible explanation I can see is that topdecking Treasury means it will be in your hand more often, which means fewer non-Treasury cards for NB to whiff on.  But you can always choose not to topdeck Treasury, in which case it is the same as Highway.  The option therefore makes Treasury strictly better in context.

Swindler and Hermit are cases for why Highway might be preferred.  Or maybe you don't plan on ever top-decking anyway, in which case you might as well choose Highway so you don't have to do extra clicks to decline topdecking.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 05:52:19 am »

Yes.

How does that help? If the point is that Highway in deck I'd a non-treasure that NB may flip, you could choose to not return Treasury. Maybe it's just easier to not be given the choice.

Didn't get that part exactly but I think you elaborated on that in your later post. Anyway, treasury vs highway doesn't matter $wise and I probably chose highway to have the swindler/hermit options still open. At that point, the game was basically lost, though, so I might've been at a point where I didn't think exactly or cared enough.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.