Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613405 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2750 on: November 04, 2016, 07:16:23 pm »

I downloaded Hearthstone, but have not played it so far.
Be warned, it's addictive.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: November 04, 2016, 10:57:32 pm »

I downloaded Hearthstone, but have not played it so far.
Be warned, it's addictive.

You're right, it took up space in my hard drive.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 09, 2016, 05:22:00 pm »

Got my first multi legendary pack -- classic from brawl.  Velen (double) and Millhouse...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 09, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »

Got my first multi legendary pack -- classic from brawl.  Velen (double) and Millhouse...

Also, audio said Epic instead of Legendary.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 02, 2016, 10:40:11 am »

So what does everyone think of the new expansion so far?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 02, 2016, 10:55:26 am »

So what does everyone think of the new expansion so far?

I played enough to finish the three quests for winning as the tri-class factions. Goons I just played Warrior arena. Lotus I tried hybrid Jade Golem and token, but decided token is more fun and Mark of the Lotus helps it. Kabal I threw together a tempo Mage deck and tried out some of the new cards. The Kabal tri-class cards suck I think, but the Kabal overall got a lot of "good stuff" cards that are strong on their own. Overall Goons and Jade seem alright.

I feel like a lot of the new decks introduced in this expansion require all support cards before they can take off. It doesn't feel good to go 80℅ of the way towards the new theme but be missing a few key rares, epics, and Legendaries. I really want to make a Goons Hunter, and already have one Pack Rat. Doppelgangster is the "Boogeyman" of the goon faction that almost singlehandedly makes the theme playable to competitive.

I got 4 legendaries off 53 packs. This includes Madam Goya and the class legendaries for Warlock, Mage, and Paladin. Really happy to have gotten the Paladin class legendary. It should help my Wild Divine Shield Paladin deal with Hunter.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: December 02, 2016, 11:39:28 am »

I'm pissed Blizzard gave Europeans the expansion 10 hours later than Americans, and gave Americans tons of free packs on top of that. (If my account was on the NA server, i'd have gotten 25 extra free packs or something like that). Also, due to some glitch one of my quests disappeared.

On the plus side, I'm doing very well with Pirate Warrior.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: December 02, 2016, 11:50:16 am »

I was fortunate enough to open up a Golden Don Han'Cho and and the class legendaries for Druid, Paladin, and Rogue in ~25 packs.
I haven't played it much, but I've been having a lot of fun with Goon Warrior.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 02, 2016, 11:52:13 am »

Yeah, I got 4 legendaries out of 55 packs. I'm not sure if they upped the frequency or if it is a function of there being a higher legendary density in the expansion. I was logged in last night and a friend was getting an average of one legendary to every 10 packs. the only one I've used so far is Kazakus. I've been using the new recipes for the tri-class quests to about a 33% winrate which isn't atrocious. Seemed like most of what I was facing was old meta. I did face a Jade Golem Druid that absolutely stomped my Reno Mage as expected but it looked fast and heavy enough to dominate the meta altogether.

I did get a Don Hancho which worked pretty great in the Warrior Recipe. I got one of the Pandas and the warlock class Legendary.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: December 02, 2016, 02:10:18 pm »

Was looking to see which Panda I have and it is Aya, also looks like I got Wrathion and don't even remember it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: December 03, 2016, 02:19:22 pm »

Achieved Golden Mage portrait. Less than 50 each to go for Warrior and Rogue then probably 300-400 between Priest and Shaman which loom pretty well situated this season. Funny, once I get a gold portrait I stop playing the class except in Brawls for class specific quests. Kind of looking forward to feeling free to play any class especially since Druid looks like the big one for this expansion.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: December 03, 2016, 08:11:05 pm »

Because of the new quest system making it much harder to accumulate gold from dailies, this expansion release is finally making me choose between spending $100+ or abandoning constructed and constructed brawls. I've spent some money before on HS but could more-or-less keep up with expansion card churn without massive spending. Kinda sucks.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 03, 2016, 10:09:10 pm »
+1

Because of the new quest system making it much harder to accumulate gold from dailies, this expansion release is finally making me choose between spending $100+ or abandoning constructed and constructed brawls. I've spent some money before on HS but could more-or-less keep up with expansion card churn without massive spending. Kinda sucks.

Really? I felt like gold production went up and I had no problem buying the last adventure with gold and then 55 packs on expansion release with gold. The average gold per daily definitely went up. I'm not convinced I will ever spend real money on HS again.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 03, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »

Really? I felt like gold production went up and I had no problem buying the last adventure with gold and then 55 packs on expansion release with gold. The average gold per daily definitely went up. I'm not convinced I will ever spend real money on HS again.

I think it's easier to get gold with the new quests too. Partly because I lose a lot...
Seems like it's been a lot harder to win games since to new expansion came out, but that might be because so many people have been playing, so I'm playing against the tougher players.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 04, 2016, 12:35:10 am »

The average gold per quest may be a little higher, but a lot of the new quests require specific cards to be played, which means some 1. are essentially impossible in arena and non-constructed brawls and 2. might force you to play bad & unfun decks in constructed and constructed brawls. With the old quests you can play whatever deck you want as long as it's the right class and wins sometimes.

For example, right now I have "10 cards that cost 8 or more" (possible but incredibly slow in arena or the current brawl), "play 10 secrets" (very slow in arena, impossible in current brawl), "play 10 weapons" (very slow in arena, impossible in current brawl). So since I mostly play brawl and arena, I'm stuck without re-rolling. These aren't _too_ bad to do in constructed if you limit yourself to certain decks, but not as flexible as the class quests where you can pick any deck you want.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: December 04, 2016, 05:58:15 pm »

I see, thanks for the clarification. I play almost strictly constructed and have a nearly complete collection so I was blinded by my privilege.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: December 04, 2016, 11:18:08 pm »

I think it's easier to get gold with the new quests too. Partly because I lose a lot...
Seems like it's been a lot harder to win games since to new expansion came out, but that might be because so many people have been playing, so I'm playing against the tougher players.

I think it's harder to win these days because, similar to C'thun when WotOG came out, the cards spell out the decks in which they belong (Jade, Goons, Dragons, etc.) and those decks perform somewhat okay due to obvious synergies. Basically, I think the baseline strategies have improved.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: December 05, 2016, 09:19:27 am »

I think it's harder to win these days because, similar to C'thun when WotOG came out, the cards spell out the decks in which they belong (Jade, Goons, Dragons, etc.) and those decks perform somewhat okay due to obvious synergies. Basically, I think the baseline strategies have improved.

I mostly agree and I will add that I think it is a good thing. I think phrasing it as harder to win is somewhat disingenuous as the converse would also have to necessarily be true for players orthogonal in nature; that is, it's harder to lose for them. I agree that baseline strategies have improved and that supports my argument.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »
+1

I mostly agree and I will add that I think it is a good thing. I think phrasing it as harder to win is somewhat disingenuous as the converse would also have to necessarily be true for players orthogonal in nature; that is, it's harder to lose for them. I agree that baseline strategies have improved and that supports my argument.

The really bad part of this (from my POV at least) is that it means more advantage for people who buy a whole bunch of packs with real money. So the free to play people are SOL until they slowly collect the in-game gold for more packs and then another new expansion comes out. ...Which is why I like that you don't have to win to complete most of the new quests.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:27:47 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: December 06, 2016, 11:52:43 am »
+1

I have to say I think it is legitimate to structure it so that paying players have an advantage over non-paying players that can be overcome with enough time in game.

This coming from someone who has been largely F2P; I think I've spent less than $100USD and don't really expect to ever again.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »

I have to say I think it is legitimate to structure it so that paying players have an advantage over non-paying players that can be overcome with enough time in game.

This coming from someone who has been largely F2P; I think I've spent less than $100USD and don't really expect to ever again.

There are some pretty low-cost decks, but definitely spending resources to get more cards adds variety to what decks you can play.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: December 09, 2016, 09:43:40 pm »

Golden Rogue accomplished which is sad because I was killing ladder with it. I suppose I'll run a cancer face Warrior now and bore myself to tears.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 10, 2016, 09:42:10 pm »

Just kidding, running a grime street taunt thing I'm refining.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: December 10, 2016, 10:20:46 pm »

I salute you on your endeavors sir. I've played since launch, and I just don't have the patience for all that. I enjoy mostly Arena because I like the variance... But I'll still dabble in constructed each season. But 500  wins wins with each class? Whew. Exhausts me to think about it.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 11, 2016, 03:10:16 am »

I salute you on your endeavors sir. I've played since launch, and I just don't have the patience for all that. I enjoy mostly Arena because I like the variance... But I'll still dabble in constructed each season. But 500  wins wins with each class? Whew. Exhausts me to think about it.

I got 5 gold heros, but that was when I was playing lots of funny decks all the time. Now I don't have the pateience either. But they'll get there some day. Paladin is at 350ish
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.