Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 618822 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2525 on: February 14, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »

Legends are fun: I just opened a golden Justicar Trueheart and a Skeleton Knight in the same pack.

I have skeleton Knight, Ive never even used it in a silly deck. Justicar is strong in Priest, Paladin and Warrior in slow variants of those classes. It's amazing how heal 4hp per turn is game changing against aggro.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 14, 2016, 06:54:53 pm »

It's amazing how heal 4hp per turn is game changing against aggro.

It also pairs nicely with Auchenai.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 14, 2016, 07:15:57 pm »

I have never opened a pack with two legends.  But then I've only ever opened three packs with a legend, and two were the same.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 14, 2016, 07:19:23 pm »
+1

Legends are fun: I just opened a golden Justicar Trueheart and a Skeleton Knight in the same pack.

I have skeleton Knight, Ive never even used it in a silly deck. Justicar is strong in Priest, Paladin and Warrior in slow variants of those classes. It's amazing how heal 4hp per turn is game changing against aggro.

Ugh, I opened Skeleton Knight a few days ago. I like to keep legendaries with unique effects in case they are useful in a Tavern Brawl or something, but Skeleton Knight is going to collect so much virtual dust in my collection.

PPE I never opened a pack with two Legendaries either. Fortunately I have opened a Golden Justicar. It makes your Hero Power (and HP generated tokens) golden, and that's really cool to see.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: February 14, 2016, 07:44:51 pm »
+1

I have never opened a pack with two legends.  But then I've only ever opened three packs with a legend, and two were the same.

I have! I got Onyxia and Hogger in the same pack.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: February 14, 2016, 09:21:24 pm »

I misspoke:  I've gotten four legends, of which two were the same (Onyxia).
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 14, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »
+1

Didn't you say "I've probably opened ~400 classic packs." in the other thread? You would have at least guaranteed 10 legends among those..

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: February 14, 2016, 09:35:07 pm »
+1

Didn't you say "I've probably opened ~400 classic packs." in the other thread? You would have at least guaranteed 10 legends among those..

The way probability works, you're not guaranteed any legendaries if it is true random. Funny, because that was the point Kirian was trying to make in that other thread, but for commons.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
+2

The way pack opening works, you're guaranteed a legendary ever 40 packs

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: February 14, 2016, 09:56:42 pm »

The way probability works, you're not guaranteed any legendaries if it is true random. Funny, because that was the point Kirian was trying to make in that other thread, but for commons.

It's been theorized that you are guaranteed to open a legend if you open 40 of 1 kind of pack. There wasn't anyone who opened the 50 TGT pre order packs who didnt get a legend, and stats have shown that basically every 40 packs you get a legend.

I think you've overestimated how many packs you've opened Kirian. If you opened a pack a day for a year then you haven't opened 400 packs. I don't know how long you've been playing for though, nor how often, but Im sure you don't play an arena run every day, or buy a pack of cards every day.

EDIT: I didn't notice that Watno already posted about this. I don't think Blizzard has officially said this, but people who have gathered stats have found this to seem to be true.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: February 14, 2016, 10:14:16 pm »

It's been theorized that you are guaranteed to open a legend if you open 40 of 1 kind of pack. There wasn't anyone who opened the 50 TGT pre order packs who didnt get a legend, and stats have shown that basically every 40 packs you get a legend.

I think you've overestimated how many packs you've opened Kirian. If you opened a pack a day for a year then you haven't opened 400 packs. I don't know how long you've been playing for though, nor how often, but Im sure you don't play an arena run every day, or buy a pack of cards every day.

EDIT: I didn't notice that Watno already posted about this. I don't think Blizzard has officially said this, but people who have gathered stats have found this to seem to be true.

Well I guess I learned something new. I though the average was 1 legendary per 20 packs but then people would complain when that didn't come true. I don't know there was some sort of upper bound.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: February 15, 2016, 12:20:51 am »

Well I guess I learned something new. I though the average was 1 legendary per 20 packs but then people would complain when that didn't come true. I don't know there was some sort of upper bound.

I think that 20 packs for a legend is the average, but 40 pack a single type of pack guarantees a legend. That mean 40 classic packs until a classic legend, 40GvG pack for a GvG legend etc.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 15, 2016, 09:24:21 am »

Yeah, people watch a lot of openings and realised that there never is more than 40 packs between two legends. But even without that opening 400 packs and opening only 3, when the average is one legend per 20 packs is do extremly unlikely i am pretty sure it can be ruled out.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 15, 2016, 01:47:03 pm »

It's certainly possible I'm overestimating how many packs I've opened.  I've done around 120 arenas that are logged, plus probably 30-40 arenas before I started using various sites, plus at least 10 tavern brawls, plus however many regular packs I purchased, but that number I don't know about.  It sure feels like 3-400, but perhaps it's closer to 200.

Edit: Well, I appear to have about 190 epics/rares/legends, but I've also disenchanted probably 20 duplicate rares... so yeah, probably closer to 200.  Huh.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:53:35 pm by Kirian »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2539 on: February 15, 2016, 02:04:38 pm »
+4

It's certainly possible I'm overestimating how many packs I've opened.  I've done around 120 arenas that are logged, plus probably 30-40 arenas before I started using various sites, plus at least 10 tavern brawls, plus however many regular packs I purchased, but that number I don't know about.  It sure feels like 3-400, but perhaps it's closer to 200.

Edit: Well, I appear to have about 190 epics/rares/legends, but I've also disenchanted probably 20 duplicate rares... so yeah, probably closer to 200.  Huh.

Well, 200 is 3-400. Roughly in the middle of that range, even.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 15, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »
+2

Awaclus, against all the drama you remind me of the good things this forum can do.  Don't ever change.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 15, 2016, 02:58:16 pm »

-.-

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: February 15, 2016, 05:20:37 pm »
+1

Awaclus, against all the drama you remind me of the good things this forum can do.  Don't ever change.

vote: Awaclus/b]
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: February 15, 2016, 06:12:56 pm »

200 packs sounds right. So I think you've been mostly unlucky then with only 3 legends. But I'm not sure I've opened many more in proportion to the number of packs I've opened. I craft almost every good legend I have, with the exception of a few legends that are acceptable like Rag and Bloodmage. When you have all the commons and most rares, you get dust much faster and consequently get more legends.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 15, 2016, 10:34:30 pm »

200 packs sounds right. So I think you've been mostly unlucky then with only 3 legends. But I'm not sure I've opened many more in proportion to the number of packs I've opened. I craft almost every good legend I have, with the exception of a few legends that are acceptable like Rag and Bloodmage. When you have all the commons and most rares, you get dust much faster and consequently get more legends.

Likewise, I crafted a lot of the Legendaries I ended up using (Boom, Mal'Ghanis, Ysera, Vol'jin). When I was playing seriously I would get to rank 5 to get that golden epic for the first few seasons with ranked rewards. It certainly helps to be able to get that far every season.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: February 17, 2016, 06:59:01 pm »

More details on the future direction of Hearthstone.  There's a longer article or a reasonably accurate summary.  The main news is that the plan is for Expansion-Adventure-Expansion each year.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: February 17, 2016, 07:28:30 pm »

More details on the future direction of Hearthstone.  There's a longer article or a reasonably accurate summary.  The main news is that the plan is for Expansion-Adventure-Expansion each year.

They need to hurry up and announce the next one already I'm gettin' so antsy

Either that or one of the playtesters needs to sneeze and leak an Empires card accidentally

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 17, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »
+3

Either that or one of the playtesters needs to sneeze and leak an Empires card accidentally

SHOCKING TWIST:  Dominion: Empires actually is also the next Hearthstone expansion.  Blizzard is taking over for Making Fun.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 17, 2016, 09:22:40 pm »

SHOCKING TWIST:  Dominion: Empires actually is also the next Hearthstone expansion.  Blizzard is taking over for Making Fun.

That deck-building Brawl must have been a hit after all.

Edit because auto-correct strikes again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:30:27 pm by markusin »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 17, 2016, 09:59:08 pm »

Two packs after all this discussion, opened... Lorewalker Cho.  Sigh.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 119  All

Page created in 2.518 seconds with 21 queries.