Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 618737 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2500 on: February 04, 2016, 11:18:25 am »

Streamers generally make decent money from the advertisements on their streams as well as subs/donations.

I don't know how much HS streamers make but the top LOL streamers are making 60-100k/yr from streaming.

Yeah it's this. It's not tournament payouts, but I assume he gets a little of that. If you watch him streaming he'll just be chatting and playing Hearthstone or Magic usually and occasionally you'll see messages popping up that say something like "Urist McDwarfdwarf has joined the Dragon Army!" and Kibler will say on stream "Thanks Urist! Your subscription means a lot." And that means he just got a $5 subscription fee (he takes $3, twitch takes $2). On top of that he gets donations which usually comes with some personalized message like "How does this deck do against Secret Paladin?" OR "I loves memes. Here is a dank meme." which are usually from subscribers who want to donate more a month than the subscription. He answers the question or laughs politely at the joke and moves on. This is usually setup through some third party like Paypal, but people just donate and he gets near 100% of donations (the actual amounts of donations vary, but I've seen streamers get anything from $1 to $100 donations).

On top of that you get money from ad revenue of people watching your stream. Something like $100-1000 a month depending on the popularity of the stream.

So you can make a pretty reasonable living if you're popular. I know of a Dota streamer named wagamama who put together a down payment for an apartment in some European city based on his income from streaming. (sorry I forget the city)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 04, 2016, 11:28:06 am »

He is in Hall of Fame, so aside from any tournament winnings, he gets appearance fee + free hotel when he comes to PTs and I think GPs too.
He also writes for SCG, does game design, is sponsored a lot, etc.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:29:20 am by Grujah »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:31 am »

I can't get over how they said so many times they have more options in a digital space and probably won't do the same thing as MtG, then they actually announce that after "lots of brainstorming" they are doing exactly the same thing as MtG and are copying the name too.

Well, maybe it took them lots of brainstorming to realize what MtG is doing is the best after all.

Sure.  Totally understandable.  (I think it's way closer "safest", but yeah).

The way the announcement was made seemed a little disingenuous though.  They could have said something a little more candid, like, "We have spent a lot of time deciding on Hearthstones preferred solution for the balance of new content with existing content.  After much internal discussion and input from key members of the community, we determined that many of the more unique options had several downsides, and that many of the benefits they presented are present in Tavern Brawl.  We have decided it is simplest and best for our players if we choose the traditional solution for a CCG: formats.  Let me explain what that is for those who aren't familiar."

Instead of "guys, we thought really hard, and we came up with lots of original ideas and the originalest one was this really original idea for handling expansion glut, it's called Standard format, like we don't even know if anyone's done this before or anything, but like, card gets 2 years old? bonk, it's gone.  You can still play every card in Wild though"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:49:37 am by popsofctown »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 04, 2016, 12:01:40 pm »

He is in Hall of Fame, so aside from any tournament winnings, he gets appearance fee + free hotel when he comes to PTs and I think GPs too.
He also writes for SCG, does game design, is sponsored a lot, etc.

Right.  The public face of TCGs is basically Nascar.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: February 05, 2016, 04:40:39 pm »
+1

At the very least, I'm looking forward to being able to disenchant Maexxna.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2505 on: February 07, 2016, 06:20:51 am »

How are you supposed to tell Boneguard Lieutenant and Undercity Valiant apart?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: February 07, 2016, 06:47:41 am »
+1

Undercity Valiant is taking a step to the left; Boneguard Lieutenant a jump to the right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 07, 2016, 10:59:45 pm »

Has anyone experienced Hearthstone randomly seeming to release the mouse button when you are considering an attack or card play?  Ever since I resumed playing this month it seems to happy all the time.  I've played with this mouse before too, I changed the batteries..

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 08, 2016, 12:02:56 am »

Has anyone experienced Hearthstone randomly seeming to release the mouse button when you are considering an attack or card play?  Ever since I resumed playing this month it seems to happy all the time.  I've played with this mouse before too, I changed the batteries..

Never experienced that. I think it's your mouse.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2509 on: February 08, 2016, 02:05:11 am »

I haven't experienced it, but it sounds like you have experienced it so the answer to your question would be yes, someone has experienced it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: February 08, 2016, 03:16:17 am »

Never experienced that. I think it's your mouse.

I figured out it has to be my mouse because it does that with other stuff in the client.  I guess most of my games don't care if I double click instead of click

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: February 12, 2016, 11:22:55 am »

Hey, has anyone else noticed that the voice of Reno Jackson sounds just like the voice of Master Jouster?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 12, 2016, 12:19:06 pm »

Hey, has anyone else noticed that the voice of Reno Jackson sounds just like the voice of Master Jouster?
It's a conspiracy!

I hadn't noticed, but now you mention it...

Likely to be the same voice actor, of course.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 12, 2016, 12:35:18 pm »
+1

It's a conspiracy!

I am shocked by the notion that Blizzard did not employ a different voice actor for each individual one of the 150 minions in the game!
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: February 12, 2016, 01:23:27 pm »

It's a conspiracy!

I am shocked by the notion that Blizzard did not employ a different voice actor for each individual one of the 150 minions in the game!

I expect most of the voices are done by the same few voice actors who just change their voice heavily to fit the Minion. Like, Gilblin Stalker and Tiny Knight of Evil can be the same voice actor using different silly voices.

I wonder how many other minion voice pairs sound the same. Maybe among the female minions you have a bunch.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: February 12, 2016, 03:33:04 pm »

I'm spectating a game at rank 5, and it's Control Mage (with Illuminator, without Reno) against Mill Druid.  There's a slight selection effect as I tend to add people who are playing interesting decks, but it's heartening to see some variety on ladder.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: February 12, 2016, 05:20:45 pm »
+1

I'm spectating a game at rank 5, and it's Control Mage (with Illuminator, without Reno) against Mill Druid.  There's a slight selection effect as I tend to add people who are playing interesting decks, but it's heartening to see some variety on ladder.

Is it Kibler's Monkey Mage deck? That's a deck that found a really neat use for Illuminator and I think it only came into existence a week or two ago.

The deck is something like Elise, Illuminators, Sludge Belchers, Duplicates, Doomsayers, Frost Nova, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Ice Blocks, Mad Scientists, Azures, Polymorph, Healbots, Explosive Sheep (almost no face burn spells). It mostly just AOEs the board and heals up until eventually you find Golden Monkey with a lot of cards in hand and win.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 12, 2016, 05:28:30 pm »

Is it Kibler's Monkey Mage deck? That's a deck that found a really neat use for Illuminator and I think it only came into existence a week or two ago.

The deck is something like Elise, Illuminators, Sludge Belchers, Duplicates, Doomsayers, Frost Nova, Blizzard, Flamestrike, Ice Blocks, Mad Scientists, Azures, Polymorph, Healbots, Explosive Sheep (almost no face burn spells). It mostly just AOEs the board and heals up until eventually you find Golden Monkey with a lot of cards in hand and win.

Yes, that's it!  I saw the Velen/Major Domo video.  Looks pretty fun, but I'm not brave enough to try climbing with it.

Edit: this is too much fun.  No Zoo can get through 6 Sludge Belchers.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:55:14 am by qmech »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: February 13, 2016, 03:59:32 pm »

I have faced the Golden Monkey no less than 2 dozen times and won every single one save the one where Varian Wrynn was the immediate follow up. I start smiling as soon as Elise comes out. I may lose the game but it won't be to the monkey. The monkey just makes your hand and deck super inconsistent with a bunch of overpriced minions with no support. In fac, I think the only valuable bit to the combo is the monkey minion itself.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 13, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »
+1

Point of money, at least theory, is that in Control vs Control matchup you had some dead draws that you want to replace with threats. You don't play money as soon as you can, you play him AS LATE as you can, usually. Like, Warrior Mirror has some really horendious cards that you dont want to play - acolyte, shield block (they make you fatigue faster) some removal will always stay stuck.. You replace those with actually relevant cards.

I haven't really played with Elise yet, this is from what I've read.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: February 13, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »

I faced this very deck earlier as Renolock. It came down to fatigue, and the Golden Monkey gave my opponent a Stalagg to combo off my own Feugen as a final card. I still won with a final Molten/Reno/Argus play. I was surprised when I saw it wasn't a freeze Mage I was up against.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: February 13, 2016, 05:44:50 pm »

In Control vs Control the Monkey can be game deciding. Being able to play too many large threats is the point of it, and decks like Control Warrior and Control Priest have very limited removal.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 13, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »

Yeah, from my experience as Renolock vs CW you want to Jaraxxus ASAP (be wary of Grommash tho), as Warrior really struggles when you keep pumping 6/6s every turn as he has to remove them or die. It's similar with Priest just not as important as that is generally not a hard matchup.

Edit: for same reason monkey seems good.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:21:11 am by Grujah »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 14, 2016, 12:29:45 am »

Actually I'd say it's good vs midrange decks too, since sometimes mid range decks can push for some late game, and having those threats can mean a lot. Also don't forget that the monkey is a 4mana 6/6 with taunt.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 14, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »
+2

Legends are fun: I just opened a golden Justicar Trueheart and a Skeleton Knight in the same pack.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 119  All

Page created in 2.353 seconds with 21 queries.