Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 619894 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2400 on: December 03, 2015, 08:17:39 am »
+1

You've prompted me to check and the quest screen says I have 999 wins, but this is about 100 more than the total number of wins for each of the nine classes.  What's causing that discrepancy?

My highest class is Hunter with 227, and the lowest Priest with 17.  Rogue is at an entirely respectable 37.  When looking at my numbers Mage is always the one that seems surprisingly high, because I don't remember playing it all that much: it's a remnant from when I first started and played whatever random Mage decks I could scrape together on ladder.

Casual causes the discrepancy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: December 03, 2015, 10:31:47 am »

Finally landed a Golden Paladin. So, I've got Warlock, Druid, Paladin. I think I've got all the other classes over 200 except Shaman which will only get Golden the day Shaman has the broken deck of the year or something.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 03, 2015, 02:46:46 pm »

Finally landed a Golden Paladin. So, I've got Warlock, Druid, Paladin. I think I've got all the other classes over 200 except Shaman which will only get Golden the day Shaman has the broken deck of the year or something.

I had the advantage that I got most of my Shaman wins early in my Hearthstone career, just after naxx came out. Meta was slower, and I wasn't so in-the-loop about what was competitive. So I mopped up with aggro Shaman when it was a decent deck.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: December 03, 2015, 02:55:29 pm »

Aggro Shaman is pretty good right now.  I intend to play it this evening, and I expect to win.

Edit: Didn't win, Shaman is awful. :(  Back to Renolock.

(Shaman is fine, and certainly better than it's been for a long time.  I'll try another list with Sir Discover a Hero Power.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:44:07 pm by qmech »

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 03, 2015, 04:21:50 pm »

Maybe one counter only includes play mode wins, while the other includes Tavern Brawl / Innkeeper / Adventure / friends? Or something like that.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 03, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

You've prompted me to check and the quest screen says I have 999 wins, but this is about 100 more than the total number of wins for each of the nine classes.  What's causing that discrepancy?
Either casual games or games before ranked class wins were counted for the portrait.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:31:29 pm by Watno »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2406 on: December 04, 2015, 12:20:23 am »

Mech Shaman is pretty good.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: December 04, 2015, 12:45:06 am »

I just tried Murloc Shaman in Casual, having just gotten Everyfin and Tinyfin.  First game I got a terrible mulligan (in a mirror match, of all things), but still managed to turn it around and force a resign with a Lightning Storm.  Next was against a Rogue, who just could not deal with the crap I kept throwing on the board.  I think it could be good if you get a good starting hand.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:46:19 am by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 04, 2015, 01:14:33 am »

I just tried Murloc Shaman in Casual, having just gotten Everyfin and Tinyfin.  First game I got a terrible mulligan (in a mirror match, of all things), but still managed to turn it around and force a resign with a Lightning Storm.  Next was against a Rogue, who just could not deal with the crap I kept throwing on the board.  I think it could be good if you get a good starting hand.

I just faced a Murloc Shaman in Casual as a Deathrattle Hunter. I would have been crushed by Everyfin is Awesome but I pulled off the Explosive Sheep + Feign Death and stabilized from there. I was also using Sir Discover in the deck. The deck felt pretty fierce to play against.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 04, 2015, 01:34:32 am »

I am playing a murloc shaman deck now as well.  It's pretty good with a strong start.  New Hero Power on T1 is important.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 04, 2015, 12:59:34 pm »

I now have other 1000 excess commons that would be turned into dust by mass disenchanting.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 04, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

So I'm now a year and 3 expansions behind.  Is it worth coming back?  Prismata has been great, but has the major difficulty of not enough players.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 04, 2015, 01:34:10 pm »

So I'm now a year and 3 expansions behind.  Is it worth coming back?  Prismata has been great, but has the major difficulty of not enough players.

It's fun.  I'm still saving up dust to make a Dreadsteed Warlock.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 04, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »

Depends what you like, but in my opinion, it's worth at least playing each Tavern Brawl a little. Some of them are super fun (Clockwork Card Dealer, the first discover brawl) and even the ones that aren't fun are usually interesting nowadays (like the current brawl).

3 expansions = BRM, TGT, LOE? You may find constructed a pretty similar experience to what it was when you left. Most of the popular decks now are just old popular decks with some minor card swaps. Biggest exception is Secret Paladin, but it stays with the general theme of constructed being filled with aggro and fast midrange decks.

I don't play much arena recently but it's worth trying since newer cards are more heavily weighted than older cards. The mode itself hasn't changed any, though.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 04, 2015, 03:34:51 pm »

I'm having more fun than ever with Hearthstone.  I'm sure part of it is that I have more cards, and I'm a better player, but I also think the game is in a really good spot right now: the League of Explorers cards manage to be both fun and powerful, and have opened up whole new deck archetypes.  It's certainly worth doing all the "stuff" (quests and Brawls).

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:18 pm »

I think it's worth it. I'm still really enjoying the game despite the many complaints that can be made about it. I also have most of the cards and I don't try too hard, mostly playing whatever I find fun.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 04, 2015, 04:24:08 pm »

I'm having more fun than ever with Hearthstone.  I'm sure part of it is that I have more cards, and I'm a better player, but I also think the game is in a really good spot right now: the League of Explorers cards manage to be both fun and powerful, and have opened up whole new deck archetypes.  It's certainly worth doing all the "stuff" (quests and Brawls).

Yes I agree. It's sad that TGT looks like mostly filler compared to LoE. A lot of the LoE cards provide some good fun without dragging down the quality of your deck all that noticeably. There are maybe a few filler cards in the set (Fossilized Devilsaur comes to mind).

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 04, 2015, 05:19:25 pm »

Oh and the diversity of cards seen from older sets has gone up too with Discover and I guess Reno. I've seen a bunch of Warlocks using Twisting Nether (8 mana destroy all minions) for example.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 04, 2015, 07:12:52 pm »

Oh and the diversity of cards seen from older sets has gone up too with Discover and I guess Reno. I've seen a bunch of Warlocks using Twisting Nether (8 mana destroy all minions) for example.

We can't help it, the animation is just too cool.  The not dying thing's pretty good too.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:49 pm »

We can't help it, the animation is just too cool.  The not dying thing's pretty good too.

I think I disenchanted my golden Twisting Nether way back before Naxx or around the time of Naxx. Never got another one  :(

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 04, 2015, 07:27:39 pm »
+1

I think I disenchanted my golden Twisting Nether way back before Naxx or around the time of Naxx. Never got another one  :(

I'm just waiting for the double Gladiator's Longbow deck to come round.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: December 06, 2015, 11:45:27 pm »
+4

So...
HAS anyone learned Hearthstone yet?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 07, 2015, 12:49:22 am »
+1

So...
HAS anyone learned Hearthstone yet?

I've learned it...but have I mastered it?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 08, 2015, 05:25:20 pm »

Hm.  Apparently Mech Mage can still hold its own at least at lower ranks.

Also apparently people still resign for terrible reasons.  T1 Coin-Unstable Portal-Shade of Naxx isn't so amazing as to resign after T1.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: December 08, 2015, 05:59:21 pm »

Hm.  Apparently Mech Mage can still hold its own at least at lower ranks.

Also apparently people still resign for terrible reasons.  T1 Coin-Unstable Portal-Shade of Naxx isn't so amazing as to resign after T1.

It's roughly as good as Innervate->Shade, something that Druid's do all the time. People are weird, but hey a free win is nice.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 119  All

Page created in 2.047 seconds with 21 queries.