Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 619435 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2050 on: December 17, 2014, 12:15:44 pm »

Was bugging Warsong Commander to not embolden Bloodsail Raider in the patch notes?

Warsong commander is bugged now. The 1/1's from Haunted Creeper don't get charge either, which made a huge difference in an arena game last night.
Huh.  Maybe it was giving recombobulated things charge for some reason and they overfixed it

Maybe. Seems like it would be easy though to differentiate between "transform", "summon" and "play".

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: December 17, 2014, 12:19:50 pm »

I cannot imagine playing on a phone.  Nice on my Nexus 10 though.
It works surprisingly well.

Sadly, it crashes my tablet :(

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 17, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »

You guys picked on the reference on Druid of the Fang? It's somewhat subtle.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:33 pm »

Was bugging Warsong Commander to not embolden Bloodsail Raider in the patch notes?

Warsong commander is bugged now. The 1/1's from Haunted Creeper don't get charge either, which made a huge difference in an arena game last night.
Huh.  Maybe it was giving recombobulated things charge for some reason and they overfixed it

Maybe. Seems like it would be easy though to differentiate between "transform", "summon" and "play".
The most convincing speculation I've seen is that it accidentally picked up Hobgoblin's behaviour.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 17, 2014, 04:27:32 pm »

The most convincing speculation I've seen is that it accidentally picked up Hobgoblin's behaviour.
I tested out hobgoblin's mechanic's against the Innkeeper.  The animation puts the minion onto the battlefield the way it appears in your hand, before Dire Wolf Alpha, Stormwind Champers, or even Cogmaster's excitement has applied, with just the base stats.  Then it draws an animation buffing it.  Then it shows the final stats of the minion (without showing any interim moment where the minion is buffed by friends but not hobgoblin, or by hobgoblin but not friends.  This is a little surprising  when there's stuff like Twilight Drake showing as max stats instead of damaged stats when it's silenced.)

So I guess the way it's supposed to be is, you can play a minion, but after you play the minion but before you've summoned the minion (it's on the table, but not summoned, I guess), hobgoblin can buff it, because he's a fast dude.  Warsong Commander can't buff a minion until its summoned, so if she picked up Hobgoblin's behavior somehow she would be giving charge to Stormwind Champ'ed Raptors which is incorrect.

So lest we totally break the game with our Stormwind Champ'ed Raptors and Cogmasters that are both excited and next to a Dire Wolf Alpha, they used some sort of terrible sloppy fix that's so bad it doesn't give charge to spiderbabies.  Because if something is bugged to be underpowered that's supposed to be more acceptable than being bugged to be overpowered.  And a 2/3 and 4/2 charge for five mana and two cards if you have a DWA on board is soooooooooooooooooooooo overpowered.
This does little to make me calm down about Warsong getting nerfed instead of Molten Giant because I can hold a grudge forever

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: December 18, 2014, 12:53:39 pm »

An additional piece to the puzzle: Knife Juggler stolen with shrinkmeistrr+Cabal throws a knife.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 18, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »
+1

An additional piece to the puzzle: Knife Juggler stolen with shrinkmeistrr+Cabal throws a knife.
That was already happening prepatch, if I recall correctly.  Crazed Alchemist was around to make it happen.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 18, 2014, 02:21:47 pm »

That was already happening prepatch, if I recall correctly.  Crazed Alchemist was around to make it happen.
And MC Tech.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 20, 2014, 08:25:45 pm »

What beats handlock right now?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 20, 2014, 09:33:03 pm »

To expound, I think Recombobulator, Darkblast, Antique Healbot, and Dr. Boom have put the Handlock archetype over the top.  With Antique Healbot in the mix Hunter doesn't even cream Handlock, it can't be all that favorable, and on top of that there is lots of warrior floating around that has a 100-0 matchup against the style of hunter that beats handlock best. 

Force Roar druid seems to do ok against Handlock but I don't know anything that BEATS it

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 20, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »

Err...Lightbomb?

Yeah seriously Antique Healbot + Farseer gives Handlock all the time they need to draw their duo Moltens plus Sunfury/defender/Shadowflame. I can see some more gimicky rush decks with a lucky Enhance-o windury winning sometimes, but it's still an unfavourable matchup I think.

Like, you can beat Handlock, but I don't know if there's a viable hard counter.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 20, 2014, 10:06:12 pm »

Err...Lightbomb?

Yeah seriously Antique Healbot + Farseer gives Handlock all the time they need to draw their duo Moltens plus Sunfury/defender/Shadowflame. I can see some more gimicky rush decks with a lucky Enhance-o windury winning sometimes, but it's still an unfavourable matchup I think.

Actually, I bet there's a sort of control Paladin that can give Handlock a hard time, at least the lesser ones. All that equality nonsense can come in handy.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »

Err...Lightbomb?

Actually, I bet there's a sort of control Paladin that can give Handlock a hard time, at least the lesser ones. All that equality nonsense can come in handy.

If you could run more than 2 copies of equality, I'd believe it.  I don't have too much trouble recovering from 1 equality wipe against control paladins.  I'm usually horrified at the notion of a second wipe, but I have enough awesome stuff in my big hand to rebuild after 1.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 20, 2014, 10:32:14 pm »

Err...Lightbomb?

If you could run more than 2 copies of equality, I'd believe it.  I don't have too much trouble recovering from 1 equality wipe against control paladins.  I'm usually horrified at the notion of a second wipe, but I have enough awesome stuff in my big hand to rebuild after 1.
Oh, you're actually playing Handlock yourself. I would think Peacekeeper and all the new Pally toys can help against all decks in general, but Recombobular+the typical silences just nullify Peacekeeper' power, so I don't know. It would have to be a pretty wild Pally deck with unconventional cards.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 21, 2014, 03:05:14 pm »

It looks like MC tech just put my water elemental into my opponents hand. A new bug?

EDIT: Now the timer won't end my opponent's turn. he hasn't manually ended so I don't know what's up.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:08:49 pm by KingZog3 »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 21, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »

Err...Lightbomb?

Oh, you're actually playing Handlock yourself. I would think Peacekeeper and all the new Pally toys can help against all decks in general, but Recombobular+the typical silences just nullify Peacekeeper' power, so I don't know. It would have to be a pretty wild Pally deck with unconventional cards.

Yeah, i actually managed to recombobulate a 1 attack molten with 1 health against paladin :)

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 22, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »

So I just came back to playing Hearthstone for the first time since August and oh my so many new cards... Second pack I opened had Trade Price Gallywix.  Anyone know if he's any good?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 22, 2014, 04:58:13 pm »

So I just came back to playing Hearthstone for the first time since August and oh my so many new cards... Second pack I opened had Trade Price Gallywix.  Anyone know if he's any good?

Rogue in general I think got hit hard with GvG, but Gallywix is pretty good on his own.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 22, 2014, 05:04:30 pm »

I think if you're running some sort of midrange Rogue, it's good, mostly just for the stats. The ability is not going to do much most of the time, but basically anything you get off it is just icing.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 23, 2014, 01:21:39 pm »

I think if you're running some sort of midrange Rogue, it's good, mostly just for the stats. The ability is not going to do much most of the time, but basically anything you get off it is just icing.

You'll probably get at most a single spell out of it and that'll be the spell that was used to kill him (probably a low cost mana one after a minion did some of the work), but he's still pretty good just as a body.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: January 14, 2015, 11:07:45 am »

I just discovered that if you have a redemption, a cult master, and other minions a mass removal spell still lets you draw cards off of cultmaster if it's the minion brought back.  I drew three cards I did not expect to draw.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:10:01 am by nkirbit »

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: January 14, 2015, 11:21:01 am »

I just discovered that if you have a redemption, a cult master, and other minions a mass removal spell still lets you draw cards off of cultmaster if it's the minion brought back.  I drew three cards I did not expect to draw.
Reminds me, if Mad Scientist dies to AOE with another minion and the Mad Scientist's deathrattle triggers first, the secret played, like Duplicate and I guess Redemption, can activate on a friendly minion killed by the AOE. I believe the deathrattles trigger in the order the minions were played.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:22:14 am by markusin »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 14, 2015, 11:30:35 am »

Reminds me, if Mad Scientist dies to AOE with another minion and the Mad Scientist's deathrattle triggers first, the secret played, like Duplicate and I guess Redemption, can activate on a friendly minion killed by the AOE. I believe the deathrattles trigger in the order the minions were played.

So if a Pally has Mad Scientist and a pair of 3/2s, gets hit by Consecrate, and the Mad Sci pulls Avenge, does the second 3/2 get the +3/+2 from Avenge, or does it die first and the Avenge gets left behind?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: January 14, 2015, 12:14:46 pm »

Both 3/2s are dead by the time the Avenge is put into play, so it doesn't trigger.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: January 14, 2015, 12:16:20 pm »

So if a Pally has Mad Scientist and a pair of 3/2s, gets hit by Consecrate, and the Mad Sci pulls Avenge, does the second 3/2 get the +3/+2 from Avenge, or does it die first and the Avenge gets left behind?

I don't think the Avenge would trigger.  Avenge doesn't trigger if a player has two 3/2s and gets consecrated, so it wouldn't trigger here.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 119  All

Page created in 2.695 seconds with 21 queries.