Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 620391 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1750 on: August 26, 2014, 02:58:41 pm »
+1

My warrior opponent just conceded the game right after it started for some reason. Which was amusing, because that means the character says "Victory or death! I choose death".
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 26, 2014, 10:02:39 pm »

The game has been unavailable the majority of the day for me...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 26, 2014, 11:41:02 pm »

The game has been unavailable the majority of the day for me...

Yeah, something was up with Battle.net, but it seems to fixed now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 01, 2014, 07:02:44 am »

Just opened a new Legendary!

Captain Greenskin...underwhelming, to say the least.  It did prompt me to craft a Dread Corsair so I could get the Parrots.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 01, 2014, 10:01:42 am »

Just opened a new Legendary!

Captain Greenskin...underwhelming, to say the least.  It did prompt me to craft a Dread Corsair so I could get the Parrots.
While playing arena on my Euro account, I got a pack that had Sylvanas in it. My Euro account was originally supposed to be a way to get more arena practice while I was saving for naxx wings on my NA account, as well as building up a collection should a F.DS tournament take place on that server. Recently I've been getting a string of successful arena runs that is resulting in gold profits. Maybe someday I'll have enough to open the naxx wings with the Euro account too.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: September 04, 2014, 01:04:10 pm »

So I finally caved on this, I told you I would. I know I'm super late to the party. But I can certainly see the appeal, I was up until 6 AM last night playing after starting at midnight ;D. Made a couple schizophrenic Mage decks, and my Arena attempt got 3 wins, which was fine by me for a first try.

Anyone interested in some fun/casual learning games against a total noob? Probably later today, around 9 or 10 forum time; I'll certainly be taking a nap after work haha
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 04, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »

I've worked up a pretty amazing Paladin deck (imvho) and a pretty strong Warrior deck. Making a strong Hunter, Priest or Warlock deck is as easy as falling off a log and I find them boring. Maybe the reason I find them boring is because 80% of the matchups I get are someone playing the same tired decks over and over ad nauseum. I get excited when I see a Rogue, Shaman or a Paladin. Mage is overdone but at least the decks tend to have some variety. Warrior seems the hardest to make a failsafe deck for. Druid seems to be the easiest deck to work with that doesn't fall into the ruts that Hunter/Priest inevitably fall into.

Recently crafted 2 Defender of Argus because I kept getting screwed by them and they have helped my Paladin and Warrior decks considerably.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 04, 2014, 04:44:37 pm »

Shop is down, can't do arena :(

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 04, 2014, 04:55:23 pm »

Shop is down, can't do arena :(

Play constructed?

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 04, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »

So I just HAAAAD to craft Sylavas and Rag.
Just opened Sylvanas. Knew it will happen.
Grrrr. 800 dust lost just like that.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 05, 2014, 07:40:05 am »

So I just HAAAAD to craft Sylavas and Rag.
Just opened Sylvanas. Knew it will happen.
Grrrr. 800 dust lost just like that.

1200 dust lost, right? Legendaries disenchant for 400.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 05, 2014, 07:56:11 am »
+1

Yeah, go on, rub it in, will yah.    :'(

:P

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 05, 2014, 09:02:55 am »

So I opened a golden epic last night... Snake Trap, which I don't think gets much play in Constructed.  Disenchanting it is worth 4 Rares, which could be huge.  Thoughts?

(I have another golden epic, but Ancient of Lore is a core card for druids, not getting rid of that.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 05, 2014, 09:48:38 am »

So I opened a golden epic last night... Snake Trap, which I don't think gets much play in Constructed.  Disenchanting it is worth 4 Rares, which could be huge.  Thoughts?

(I have another golden epic, but Ancient of Lore is a core card for druids, not getting rid of that.

Snake trap isn't terrible, you could use it I'm a midrange deck as a surprise factor. But if those rates are essential to other decks, probably take the rares.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 05, 2014, 10:05:08 am »

Snake trap isn't terrible, you could use it I'm a midrange deck as a surprise factor. But if those rates are essential to other decks, probably take the rares.

I mean... I don't play a huge amount, but getting a second Keeper and Watcher for druid, or a KT Mage, or a couple Lightwells, or a Sunwalker, Commander, or Auctioneer...  I'm missing a ton of rares.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 05, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

I've seen it occasionally in high ranked play on streams. It's mostly useful when you've got a buzzard out for some other reason and are expecting them to attack to get rid of it.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 05, 2014, 10:58:37 am »

I mean... I don't play a huge amount, but getting a second Keeper and Watcher for druid, or a KT Mage, or a couple Lightwells, or a Sunwalker, Commander, or Auctioneer...  I'm missing a ton of rares.

Litghwell's aren't really worth it IMO. I don't know what KT Mage it, but unless it's full on freeze mage it's probably not worth it. Argent Commander is worth it. I crafted one when I hadn't got any in packs. And Keeper is very worth it. So I'd say disenchant it, since it sounds like there are more essential cards that Snake trap that you need more than Snake Trap.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1767 on: September 05, 2014, 11:05:54 am »

Kirin Tor Mage.

Honestly, I don't DE anything ever until I need to make a deck.  Snake Trap is a decent enough card and why not hang onto it for now unless you actually are trying to rank up with a Druid deck that needs a Keeper.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:34 pm »

I probably wouldn't craft a Kirin Tor Mage unless you want to build some sort of secret deck (I say that as someone who plays Secret Mage, I don't think they're useful outside of a secret based deck). The best general use rares are probably Commander, Auctioneer, Drake and Sunwalker. I don't think I've ever built a deck without at least some of these cards making up the 5-6 drop slots.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 05, 2014, 12:45:32 pm »

I probably wouldn't craft a Kirin Tor Mage unless you want to build some sort of secret deck (I say that as someone who plays Secret Mage, I don't think they're useful outside of a secret based deck). The best general use rares are probably Commander, Auctioneer, Drake and Sunwalker. I don't think I've ever built a deck without at least some of these cards making up the 5-6 drop slots.

Zoo

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: September 05, 2014, 01:02:31 pm »

Zoo

Fair point.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 05, 2014, 03:27:36 pm »

Zoo

Fair point.

Also I'm not sure Handlock uses them. You CAN use Commander. But I really don't see much of Sunwalker or Auctioneer. I don't even see many Miracle Rogues anymore, which is funny because I don't think Loetheb is really a counter to it. I suppose it's mostly from all the Warriors, but still.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 05, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »

Super banana-charged Mana Wyrm! Best combo
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 05, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

Just opened a golden lorewalker cho. Really torn on dis enchanting this one or not. That's a lot of dust for what I consider a crappy card. On the other hand it is a golden legendary which is pretty neat in and if itself...

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 05, 2014, 08:59:26 pm »
+2

Just opened a golden lorewalker cho. Really torn on dis enchanting this one or not. That's a lot of dust for what I consider a crappy card. On the other hand it is a golden legendary which is pretty neat in and if itself...

disenchant and make a better legendary.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.