Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 620309 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1500 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:38 pm »

If there is some sort of gold reward for completing the wings, then it would be straightforward to save the gold. There hasn't been any mention of reward gold for completing wings though.

Maybe not for completing the wings, but there might be "hidden" quests or something...

I think Blizzard will not do this on purpose.  They wouldn't make any money if they did.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 10, 2014, 10:52:23 am »

I'd love for hearthstone to have some achievements / running stats. Stuff like "kill 1000 minions" or whatever you like, maybe some more creative stuff too. It's grindy but I do enjoy working towards things like that.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:25 am »

I'd love for hearthstone to have some achievements / running stats. Stuff like "kill 1000 minions" or whatever you like, maybe some more creative stuff too. It's grindy but I do enjoy working towards things like that.

Those aren't going to be in until they put more cards, and fix the rules and functionsonce the game are perfect, if at all. I can't imagine it'll e we be put in as they already have daily quests.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »

Why can't you silence polymorph?  It just occurred to me how odd it is that you can't, when most other stat changing effects can be silenced.  I guess it's in line with Tinkmaster, but I wonder why they made it that way.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 11, 2014, 08:28:33 pm »

Why can't you silence polymorph?  It just occurred to me how odd it is that you can't, when most other stat changing effects can be silenced.  I guess it's in line with Tinkmaster, but I wonder why they made it that way.

Poly transforms it into a sheep, which is an entirely new creature. Similarly, Hex transforms into a frog. As far as the game is concerned, your original creature got tossed out and is now a 1/1.

As to why there's a distinction like that, who knows. Hearthstone's approach to rules is whatever matches the visual effect best, which makes for annoying discrepancies. Stuff like, Druid of the Claw 4/6 taunt cannot be silenced into a 4/4, and bouncing it with Panda doesn't let you choose 4/4 charge, but you can silence Ancient of War into a 5/5.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 11, 2014, 10:51:54 pm »

If an ancient of war gets bounced can you choose again?

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 12, 2014, 11:24:54 pm »

Yep, because it's still the same card, which you can tell because it has the same art.

There's other weird rules things too - if I remember right, a minion played into Repentance will have its max health changed to 1, but a minion revived by Redemption will have the same max health. So, Amani Berzerker into Repentance = 2/1, revived by Redemption = 5/1 because of Enrage.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:03 am »

Yep, because it's still the same card, which you can tell because it has the same art.

There's other weird rules things too - if I remember right, a minion played into Repentance will have its max health changed to 1, but a minion revived by Redemption will have the same max health. So, Amani Berzerker into Repentance = 2/1, revived by Redemption = 5/1 because of Enrage.

Redemption and Repentance are worded that way though. Redemption says "revive with 1 Health" and repentance says "Change the health to 1". It is confusing but I think those ones are actually worded correctly.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 13, 2014, 12:35:43 pm »

Redemption and Repentance are worded that way though. Redemption says "revive with 1 Health" and repentance says "Change the health to 1". It is confusing but I think those ones are actually worded correctly.

It's very vague because health refers to both max hp and current hp.  Taken individually, both are correct, but it's a little bit odd that the same term is used to refer to two different things.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 13, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »

It's very vague because health refers to both max hp and current hp.  Taken individually, both are correct, but it's a little bit odd that the same term is used to refer to two different things.

I think they key difference is the word "change." One card changes the health, on just sets it to 1.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 15, 2014, 02:20:55 am »

Opened Archmage Antonidas. Viable? No way. Loads of fun if he sticks around? Yes.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 15, 2014, 12:10:57 pm »

Opened Archmage Antonidas. Viable? No way. Loads of fun if he sticks around? Yes.
I've seen some streamers play Antonidas in freeze mage. (Though when I try freeze mage myself, I lose horribly.)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 15, 2014, 12:27:55 pm »

I've seen some streamers play Antonidas in freeze mage. (Though when I try freeze mage myself, I lose horribly.)

Yeah I saw that too. He gives you a lot of guaranteed extra damage (you play him the turn you start casting spells for damage so you have some guaranteed sustain).

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 15, 2014, 03:19:23 pm »
+1

Antonidas is great. Auctioneer is good because it lets you draw cards by playing cheap spells. Antonidas lets you draw cards that are all Fireballs!. If you're running enough cheap spells (like in Ice Lance Freeze Mage), it's a ton of value.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 15, 2014, 03:46:18 pm »

It seems like blizzard is really trying to focus Mage on crazy value cards. Antonidas gives huge value, but takes many turns keep playing all the fireballs. The new Mage secret too. I dunno, just seething I thought of.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: July 15, 2014, 03:49:56 pm »
+1

Antonidas gives huge value, but takes many turns keep playing all the fireballs.

Sounds like a First World Problem...

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 15, 2014, 05:30:59 pm »

so I just opened this pack

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 15, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »

What do people use Preparation for? Is it just another combo card in Miracle Rogue? I guess you could use it to play Sprint or Assassinate 3 turns earlier than you would normally be able to.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 15, 2014, 05:42:20 pm »

Nice!

Meanwhile, I just opened health Princess lady, shadow step, inner rage, summoning portal, earth shock.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 15, 2014, 05:50:22 pm »

I was just more pumped about two rares (one gold!) and an epic from a crappy arena run...
Looking at preparation, it really doesn't seem that good to me.  But I've hardly played rogue at all as well.

Also, I decided to do that arena mastery thing the right way this time. Except I got a terrible draft... Shaman with no board clear.  My previous was Mage with no flamestrike... I think RNG is out to get me.

http://arenamastery.com/pVMR

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 15, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »

Seen better.

@jorbles - Preparation is THE card in Rogue Miracle (that and Gadzetan). It's like a Dark Ritual for 0  :o

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 15, 2014, 06:01:57 pm »

Ouch ahoppy that was a rough draft. I think you undervalued big minions (I would have taken the war golem and the ogre) and shield bearer should just never ever be taken in arena but you had a lot of picks with 3 duds.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 15, 2014, 06:17:14 pm »

Well,being shaman, I really like sheildbearer. It protects my cheap minions that provide side effects. Like flame tongue or mana tide. But I didn't get either of those. But yeah, I undervalued big minions. I had no way of knowing this to start, but passing up the boulderfist gave me the only kind of board clear I would see...

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 15, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »

Seen better.

@jorbles - Preparation is THE card in Rogue Miracle (that and Gadzetan). It's like a Dark Ritual for 0  :o

So to kick off your combo you get a protected/stealthed Auctioneer out and then cast Preparation to kick off a combo like "Preparation + Assassinate + Van Cleef + Shadow Step + Van Cleef + Shadow Step + Van Cleef + Conceal/Master of Disguise" or "Preparation + Sprint + Eviscerate + Eviscerate + Sinister Strike + Sinister Strike"?

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 15, 2014, 06:24:22 pm »

Seen better.

So to kick off your combo you get a protected/stealthed Auctioneer out and then cast Preparation to kick off a combo like "Preparation + Assassinate + Van Cleef + Shadow Step + Van Cleef + Shadow Step + Van Cleef + Conceal/Master of Disguise" or "Preparation + Sprint + Eviscerate + Eviscerate + Sinister Strike + Sinister Strike"?

Kind of - usually you use Sap instead of Assassinate, because you're trying to win that turn, you save Shadowsteps for Leeroy because it turns Shadowstep into 2 mana fireballs, and you don't run Sprint because Auctioneer will draw you enough cards anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.