Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 620290 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1350 on: June 17, 2014, 04:32:37 pm »

1. This thing is awesome:
http://hearthstonetracker.com/

2. Newest list that I am running (It's Trump's list, with a minor modification (-1 Gnomish Inv, +1 Mana Tide, and I don't have Thalnos):

3. I also tried a Rogue Tempo and "Fill your hand" decks, but as I don't have SI:7s and "close-est" thing that I have are Mad Bombers (Which proved to be Horrid) don't work, not too thrilled about it (Might try the 4/4 for that does 3 damage to hero when it enters")

Edit:
4. I can stream some constructed if anybody is interested, got a few decent decks.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:37:56 pm by Grujah »

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 17, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »

1. This thing is awesome:
http://hearthstonetracker.com/
Shame that it's Windows-only (since I play in Mac OS X). Not that I'm really surprised, since that's the trade-off for using a different OS. It's nice enough that Hearthstone is even playable on Mac OS X.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1352 on: June 17, 2014, 05:40:02 pm »
+2

Using Mad Bombers instead of SI:7 sounds like the saddest thing ever :P

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 17, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »

I'm happy to organize the tourney, as I don't think I can play this time.

Best thing might be for theory to just add a sub-board for HS under Other Board Games and I can start a sign-up thread there.  (If you make me a mod so I can sticky/unsticky, etc. would save some time.)

Sounds like there's enough interest, anyway.

IsoHearth I, here we come!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 17, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »
+1

Mage is at 1 hp. He has 2 Mirror Images. I got a only a Shadowstep and I draw a Mad Bomber.
Put down Mad Bomber, 1 damage to me, 1 damage to each image.
Shadowstep, Mad Bomber..
1 damage to me, 1 damage to each image.

I lose that game later.  :P

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1355 on: June 17, 2014, 06:28:34 pm »
+2

Mod powers given.  pls be merciful

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:22 pm »

Mage is at 1 hp. He has 2 Mirror Images. I got a only a Shadowstep and I draw a Mad Bomber.
Put down Mad Bomber, 1 damage to me, 1 damage to each image.
Shadowstep, Mad Bomber..
1 damage to me, 1 damage to each image.

I lose that game later.  :P

Oh man.  That's... painful.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 18, 2014, 09:25:10 am »

Sadness is:  opening a pack won in the arena... and immediately disenchanting the whole thing for 40 dust.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 18, 2014, 09:47:13 am »

Sadness is:  opening a pack won in the arena... and immediately disenchanting the whole thing for 40 dust.

Or that's a good thing because you own most of the commons and a lot of rares?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:33 am »

Nope.  Missing:

14 Commons with 0, 20 with only 1  (Out of 94|182)
37 Rares with 0, 30 with only 1 (Out of 81|162)

(I have 11 of 37|74 Epics and 1 Legend)

So under a 3% chance of hitting a pack with nothing new, assuming no Epic/Legend in the pack.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:05 am »

Nope.  Missing:

14 Commons with 0, 20 with only 1  (Out of 94|182)
37 Rares with 0, 30 with only 1 (Out of 81|162)

(I have 11 of 37|74 Epics and 1 Legend)

So under a 3% chance of hitting a pack with nothing new, assuming no Epic/Legend in the pack.

Ah. That sucks then. I crafted some commons at one point and I still haven't picked them up in a pack yet.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1362 on: June 18, 2014, 10:31:47 am »

Fun fact: immediately after Blizzard nerfs or changes a card, the disenchant value goes up significantly (to allow people to undo enchantments).  So if you don't need the dust at the moment, you can save all your cards in case they get nerfed.  (Your Wisps are probably safe to disenchant, though ...) 

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:20 pm »

Fun fact: immediately after Blizzard nerfs or changes a card, the disenchant value goes up significantly (to allow people to undo enchantments).  So if you don't need the dust at the moment, you can save all your cards in case they get nerfed.  (Your Wisps are probably safe to disenchant, though ...)
Yes, although they've said they're reluctant to change cards after the end of beta, and I believe the only card they've changed since is UTH. So it's questionable whether any of the existing cards will get changed, and if one does, it'll probably just be one at most. That's a pretty small amount of dust.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 18, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »
+2

I love this guy.
 I am on 21, full board, no taunts, treating lethal next turn. He's Miracle Rogue, has 1/1 dagger and 8 cards left in deck.
I for sure know that he wasted 1 Cold Blood already, and also at least 1 Eviscerate.

So he says "Well Played" and slams a Jenkins, Shadowstep, Jenkins, Shadowstep.. I am still not conciding nor saying "Well Played" - I actually am waiting to see how is he going to do those last 3 damage. He slams Jenkins, says "Pleasure is mine", highlights a card in hand, and waits for some time. Now, I guess he though that I'd ragequit after 3 Jenkinses, but I really did need to see an Eviscerate or Deadly Poison or Cold Blood or .. something.
So he slams Janks into me, attacks for 1, I'm at 2, he's still highlighting one of two cards in hand.. and it's Thalnos.

He basically tried to make me concede, because "he has the combo".. But I've played MtG before, I know the difference between having the combo and threatening to have the combo. :P

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: June 18, 2014, 01:13:15 pm »

I love this guy.
 I am on 21, full board, no taunts, treating lethal next turn. He's Miracle Rogue, has 1/1 dagger and 8 cards left in deck.
I for sure know that he wasted 1 Cold Blood already, and also at least 1 Eviscerate.

So he says "Well Played" and slams a Jenkins, Shadowstep, Jenkins, Shadowstep.. I am still not conciding nor saying "Well Played" - I actually am waiting to see how is he going to do those last 3 damage. He slams Jenkins, says "Pleasure is mine", highlights a card in hand, and waits for some time. Now, I guess he though that I'd ragequit after 3 Jenkinses, but I really did need to see an Eviscerate or Deadly Poison or Cold Blood or .. something.
So he slams Janks into me, attacks for 1, I'm at 2, he's still highlighting one of two cards in hand.. and it's Thalnos.

He basically tried to make me concede, because "he has the combo".. But I've played MtG before, I know the difference between having the combo and threatening to have the combo. :P

The difference in MtG is that I can say "Hey, here are the cards for the combo in my hand, we don't need to play this out." and then show the cards. This guy is using a cheap trick to try to pull out a win.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 19, 2014, 09:07:03 am »

What the hell, suddenly I'm streaming games.  No sound, no talk, play your own music, Arena inc...

http://www.twitch.tv/kirian42/profile

...and a highly successful 2-3.  Wherein I make a big fuckup in the last turn of Game 3, and another in the third-to-last (?) of Game 5.  Well at least I can point to where I screwed up!

Anyway, happy for tips or whatever.  Other than the obvious "don't forget that your Truesilver heals you for two points" thing.

...also, apparently I didn't actually link the stream.

I watched the first 3 games. Game 1 was an easy win, but there are still some things that would matter in a closer game.

<snip commentary>

Thanks for the analysis!!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 19, 2014, 09:45:10 am »

I'm streaming.  First a few Ranked matches, and then an arena run.

http://www.twitch.tv/shraeye

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:09 pm »

Uh. Feeling pretty good as I just got Chicken Dinner. I also finished a quest and finished beating all the expert AI's (I skipped some of them when I first started playing and couldn't remember which ones I'd beaten, so I just played them all again). So I got a flush of gold that at least seems like a lot to me.
I also had my first arena run where I actually broke even. I got a 3-3 which won me a pack and 55 gold. So I made 5 gold over buying one!

Haha. Newb milestones. I'm pretty happy though.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 19, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

ichi, i feel like you and me are on the same pace...wanna play sometime?  I have you on my friends list, right?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 19, 2014, 06:31:44 pm »

ichi, i feel like you and me are on the same pace...wanna play sometime?  I have you on my friends list, right?
Sure. I'd be happy to play with you. My info is available in the hearthstone tournament signup thread.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 19, 2014, 06:35:40 pm »

On a side note, it's pretty neat that Hearthstone got a sub-forum. Or is it sad. Really, the only semblance Hearthstone has to a board game is that the cards are played onto some kind of digital board. It's a living definition of a collectible card game. But hey, living card games got a sub-forum too.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 19, 2014, 07:09:47 pm »

I love this guy.

The difference in MtG is that I can say "Hey, here are the cards for the combo in my hand, we don't need to play this out." and then show the cards. This guy is using a cheap trick to try to pull out a win.

Hey, this actually works.

I am now playing a "Banana Rogue". Went against Zoo. He ends his turn with board of 6 minions, buffed, and me at 14, by board is clear, and I have a 1/2 dagger. I also have 3 cards that I obv didn't play last turn even though I had 3 excess mana. I untap with ~6 mana and draw a card. I say "Well played" and drop an Arcane Golem. He immediately resigns.

(FWIW, I did have 2 Shadowsteps and a Cold Blood so it was lethal, but the tricks could apparently work :). )

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 20, 2014, 08:42:13 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm going to stream another arena run in about 20 minutes, with commentary. Hopefully there are no technical difficulties. My main concern is whether my voice is audible.

Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/markusincos

Edit: Streaming now.

Edit 2:Stream over, but not the arena run. It is to be continued at a later time. Win-loss so far: 3-1. I'll stream the rest when I continue it.

I think I know what made the stream so laggy. My sister is using the computer upstairs, and just watching other streams seems to eat up the bandwidth too much when both of us are on our computers. Even worse if my mom is using her labtop.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:22:15 pm by markusin »

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »

Oh yeah, here's the link to the video: http://www.twitch.tv/markusincos/b/540378997. I'm still having problems with the clipping border where you see the flashing trail of my mouse cursor. Does anyone know the optimal way to fix that?

Edit: I've fixed the mouse cursor flashing thing around the borders by going fullscreen on Hearthstone then setting the stream resolution to the same 4:3 resolution instead of 16:9.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:38:28 pm by markusin »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 24 queries.