Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 618284 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2550 on: February 17, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »

200 packs sounds right. So I think you've been mostly unlucky then with only 3 legends. But I'm not sure I've opened many more in proportion to the number of packs I've opened. I craft almost every good legend I have, with the exception of a few legends that are acceptable like Rag and Bloodmage. When you have all the commons and most rares, you get dust much faster and consequently get more legends.

Two packs after all this discussion, opened... Lorewalker Cho.  Sigh.

Don't be sad.  I opened a second Ragnaros.  I turned him into a Cabal Shadow Priest.  *shrug*
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: February 18, 2016, 04:24:59 am »

200 packs sounds right. So I think you've been mostly unlucky then with only 3 legends. But I'm not sure I've opened many more in proportion to the number of packs I've opened. I craft almost every good legend I have, with the exception of a few legends that are acceptable like Rag and Bloodmage. When you have all the commons and most rares, you get dust much faster and consequently get more legends.

Don't be sad.  I opened a second Ragnaros.  I turned him into a Cabal Shadow Priest.  *shrug*

Better hope Rag doesn't get nerfed!

Also Jaraxxus.  I murdered a Jaraxxus to make Thalnos for Miracle Rogue.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:19 am »
+1

I have an extra golden Force of Nature, and while I do enjoy the Combo, I see it as a reasonable nerf, I'm happy either way, nerf or no :D (except if they nerf Roar instead :P).

"Wild was originally going to be known as Legacy but Brian Kibler urged them to make it more Warcrafty."

Funny how he said in his review that he doesn't like the name :P.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: February 18, 2016, 08:50:59 pm »

With the new format there will be no reason to ever nerf a card again.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: February 18, 2016, 10:41:41 pm »

Cards will still be around for a year, so there is a possibility some might get nerfed. And Classic+basic cards can always be nerfed since they don't go away.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: February 18, 2016, 11:15:56 pm »

So should I murder Cho to get something better?  Or worth keeping around?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: February 18, 2016, 11:55:19 pm »

So should I murder Cho to get something better?  Or worth keeping around?

I would keep it now, until the new expansion comes out and there's new cards you might want more than classic cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2557 on: February 19, 2016, 12:09:04 am »

Precisely because of the new format, they will be looking at a bunch of Classic set cards and probably nerfing them. Rag doesn't really seem like a very likely card to be nerfed, though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: February 19, 2016, 12:04:18 pm »

I agree that they're probably going to nerf a bunch of cards from Basic/Classic, they implied that they would with the format announcement. I think the best candidates for the nerf stick are probably cards that can give you a win out of nowhere or save you out of nowhere like Force of Nature/Savage Roar, Jeraxxus, Alexstraza. I'm probably wrong though, except Force/Savage, I will be shocked if that doesn't get changed somehow.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: February 19, 2016, 12:45:32 pm »

I agree that they're probably going to nerf a bunch of cards from Basic/Classic, they implied that they would with the format announcement. I think the best candidates for the nerf stick are probably cards that can give you a win out of nowhere or save you out of nowhere like Force of Nature/Savage Roar, Jeraxxus, Alexstraza. I'm probably wrong though, except Force/Savage, I will be shocked if that doesn't get changed somehow.

I'd be surprised in Alex doesn't get changed jarqxxus is ok since he isn't an auto include in any type of deck. Even Handlock hasn't always run him and his effect so unique and interesting that I wouldn't want him changed.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: February 19, 2016, 07:16:41 pm »

Opened Tirion today!
There's a post on the hearthstone subreddit about an Amazon promotion going around. For some reason I got it. With a little work, you can basically get $25 worth of packs (or whatever) if you own an android device.
And...that's how I got Tirion.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: February 20, 2016, 12:34:20 am »

Tournament tomorrow. Im bringing Zoo, Secret Pally, Aggro Shaman, and Fast combo Druid. Hopefully I win money :D

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: February 21, 2016, 02:22:12 am »

Tournament tomorrow. Im bringing Zoo, Secret Pally, Aggro Shaman, and Fast combo Druid. Hopefully I win money :D

Good luck!!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: February 21, 2016, 12:21:48 pm »
+5

Good luck!!

I came 3rd out of about 35 people. I won $32, but paid $10 to get in. So not too bad. It was fun.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: February 22, 2016, 11:19:22 am »

Opened Tirion today!
There's a post on the hearthstone subreddit about an Amazon promotion going around. For some reason I got it. With a little work, you can basically get $25 worth of packs (or whatever) if you own an android device.

Yeah, about Tirion... he needs to get nerfed big time! Remove either taunt or divine shield, or make Ashbringer weaker. In its current state this card is absurdly broken and un-fun.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2565 on: February 22, 2016, 11:20:27 am »

Opened Tirion today!

Yeah, about Tirion... he needs to get nerfed big time! Remove either taunt or divine shield, or make Ashbringer weaker. In its current state this card is absurdly broken and un-fun.

For Arena, sure, but it's pretty balanced for Constructed.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: February 22, 2016, 11:34:29 am »

Opened Tirion today!

For Arena, sure, but it's pretty balanced for Constructed.

He's balanced, but I question his inclusion in the classic set to always be in Hearthstone forever. If your deck is even close to a control/midrange deck he's an auto-include.

That being said, he's balanced in constructed because he has tons of value, but is very slow to get all that value, and silence completely ruins your game if you play him.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2567 on: February 22, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »
+1

He's balanced, but I question his inclusion in the classic set to always be in Hearthstone forever. If your deck is even close to a control/midrange deck he's an auto-include.

I don't think it's a problem if cards are auto-includes, as long as they aren't so strong you always play Paladin just so you can have access to Tirion. I think it's actually good if there are cards that are really versatile and powerful, because that makes it more likely that there can be multiple different types of competitive decks for each class, and it makes for difficult decisions in the deckbuilding stage when there are more cards that you want to include in your deck than your deck has slots for.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: February 22, 2016, 08:26:49 pm »

He is just a decent body with Silence effect. You could put in another good big drop and still not go that much worse.

Like, Ysera and Rag aren't problem. Sure, when control needs a finisher it will include them. One big finisher or another doesn't make a difference, it's a big finisher. It wont warp a format, you will always have some kind of big finisher. Problem is Alex, for example. Alex has such a powerful yet narrow effect, and it enables you to do nothing all game and than just Alex followed by a quick easy burst of 15, which is abnormal.  She makes or breaks decks, completely. It's a great card, but not one to stick in standard and warps it quite a lot.

There is a number of cards like these, which kinda do need to be address.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: February 23, 2016, 05:22:34 am »

Yeah I don't really have a problem with Tirion's design/existence.
If we're about fixing the Paladin class, Mysterious Challenger is still much more of a problem - though with Avenge going that's likely to fix itself pretty soon without any fiddling around.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: February 23, 2016, 08:55:51 am »

Yeah, avenge was by far the strongest secret.  He is losing a lot of his other powerful cards (Minibot, Muster), tho that will hit more decks than Secret.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: February 23, 2016, 09:02:54 am »

Fact.  I'm running Murloc Combo Paladin at the moment just to try it out.  It feels like it should survive Standard pretty nicely - it only needs some decent early game; doesn't need to be anything as amazing as Muster or Minibot, and late game is just survive-and-drawn-Anyfin.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: February 23, 2016, 09:07:51 am »

Well, Murc Eye is actually "Reward Set", not sure if they are leaving him in. Otherwise, yes, I find that deck pretty terrible in current format, but I recon it working in standard (if Murc Eye stays).

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: February 23, 2016, 09:29:11 am »

It's not a Tier 1 Deck, but it's OK.

At the moment I'm losing every 4th or 5th game or so to a disconnect, but still holding a 70% win rate (rank 12 and climbing) with it.  It remains to be seen if it can get up to ranks 5-1, but I reckon it could.

It would be a shame to lose Murk-Eye, I hadn't thought about that.  He feels like a Classic set card to me.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.