Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 619866 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2025 on: December 12, 2014, 11:25:41 pm »

Why can't the animations be faster?

I just emptied my hand and played a Divine Favor against a Hunter with 2 cards in hand, just to find out that his secret triggered my Clockwork Gnome before my three mana vanilla cantrip resolved.  >:(

I've had issues with not realizing secrets trigger since gvg came out.  I'm not actually sure whether it's too slow, or it's just the fact that I'm used to the older, more quick, secret animation.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: December 13, 2014, 05:12:11 am »

There's a minor conspiracy theory that the slower activation of secrets is part of a Blizzard attempt to make Nozdormu viable in competitive play

The other part is that they fixed Nozdormu in this patch also

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: December 13, 2014, 05:13:39 am »

The actual explanation is probably that the existence of Kezan Mystic necessitates an extra step in the logic, so that Kezan properly steals secrets like Mirror Entity and Snipe.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: December 13, 2014, 10:05:36 am »

I just emptied my hand and played a Divine Favor against a Hunter with 2 cards in hand, just to find out that his secret triggered my Clockwork Gnome before my three mana vanilla cantrip resolved.  >:(

I've had issues with not realizing secrets trigger since gvg came out.  I'm not actually sure whether it's too slow, or it's just the fact that I'm used to the older, more quick, secret animation.

I didn't notice it was slower, I just blamed my own carelessness

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: December 13, 2014, 10:35:13 am »

Wait, so it's not just me that's seeing secrets activate slower. It's weird when it's a secret like Noble Sacrifice where the attacking minion still freezes on time, but then you wait a second for the secret to trigger. I KNOW it's Noble Sacrifice of my minion freezes like that Blizzard. Why do this to me?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #2030 on: December 13, 2014, 10:36:52 am »

Hidden Nozdormu buff

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 13, 2014, 11:43:33 am »

Yeah I'm not sure why the secrets trigger slower. It's quite annoying. I've started to just wait 2 seconds after every play to be sure I don't misplay, but with secrets like Avenge and Mirror Entity it can serisly harm your play if you click before the trigger happens.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 13, 2014, 11:54:34 am »

Hidden Nozdormu buff
Hopefully they fixed Nozmordu's timer for real this time. Apparently they "fixed" the timer few times before, but it was still bugged.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 13, 2014, 12:05:08 pm »

Hidden Nozdormu buff
Hopefully they fixed Nozmordu's timer for real this time. Apparently they "fixed" the timer few times before, but it was still bugged.

They should revert it to where it screws your opponent's timer but not your own.  It's not like it's OP if it's like that.  And losing your turn because your own Sneed popped Nozdormu and you weren't prepared has gotta feel terrible.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 13, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »

Much like Goko, there needs to be a way to get rid of animations entirely.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: December 13, 2014, 12:57:33 pm »

Much like Goko, there needs to be a way to get rid of animations entirely.

I actually think the animations are good in general because of he RNG factor I like to see what is happening. Goblin blast mage is nice. It's fast, but you can tell where things are going. Avenging wrath is too slow, especially when it hits things with effects that then pause the animation to activate.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 13, 2014, 06:04:09 pm »

Hidden Nozdormu buff

They should revert it to where it screws your opponent's timer but not your own.  It's not like it's OP if it's like that.  And losing your turn because your own Sneed popped Nozdormu and you weren't prepared has gotta feel terrible.
Maybe Nozdormu could just be removed from the random lists. The problem with Noz as I see it is that it punishes people who move the mouse slowly or play on iPad, injecting an element of physical dexterity that isn't present anywhere else and IMO makes the game worse. If Noz is just an ultra-weak gimmick card that hardly anyone runs, that's okay, but if he can show up in games where neither player chose to put him in their decks, I don't like it.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 14, 2014, 10:49:36 am »
+2

A more elegant solution is to change his text to "Battlecry: Nozdormu gains constant control over the turn timer, restricting it to 15 seconds".

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 15, 2014, 10:12:03 pm »

Is there a good way to tell which minion gets duplicated when multiple are cleared at the same time?

Opponent had a mad scientist + 3 other minions on board. I cast lightning storm, clearing his board, his mad scientist gives him a duplicate, and the duplicate immediately pops. I have no idea which of the other minions is in his hand.

It's frustrating to play around, but should I know which one is in his hand? Is it the minion directly to the right of the mad scientist?

ycz6

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 15, 2014, 10:40:43 pm »

A more elegant solution is to change his text to "Battlecry: Nozdormu gains constant control over the turn timer, restricting it to 15 seconds".
But this makes Alarm-o-bot and Ancestor's Call shenanigans impossible also.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »

Is there a good way to tell which minion gets duplicated when multiple are cleared at the same time?

Opponent had a mad scientist + 3 other minions on board. I cast lightning storm, clearing his board, his mad scientist gives him a duplicate, and the duplicate immediately pops. I have no idea which of the other minions is in his hand.

It's frustrating to play around, but should I know which one is in his hand? Is it the minion directly to the right of the mad scientist?

If multiple minions die at once, they die in the order they were played, so the minion played right after Mad Scientist gets duplicated.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 15, 2014, 11:02:15 pm »

If multiple minions die at once, they die in the order they were played, so the minion played right after Mad Scientist gets duplicated.

Not so sure about this. My observation is the death resolution processes from left to right of the player's observation of his minions.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: December 16, 2014, 03:24:16 am »

Android version is out - in Canada, Australia and New Zealand...

APK can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2pestg/hearthstone_is_out_on_android_tablets/cmw1w2q

Trying to install on both my Tablet as well as my Galaxy S 2 phone right now.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 16, 2014, 05:02:51 am »

Just played the first game on my phone. Not really smooth, but perfectly playable.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:11 am »

But this makes Alarm-o-bot and Ancestor's Call shenanigans impossible also.

If you're looking to make an impractical deck that get nozdormu's effect out as fast as possible there is still ramp druid and farsight.  Summoning portal too

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 16, 2014, 11:48:45 am »

Was bugging Warsong Commander to not embolden Bloodsail Raider in the patch notes?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:50:23 am by popsofctown »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 16, 2014, 12:48:40 pm »
+1

Was bugging Warsong Commander to not embolden Bloodsail Raider in the patch notes?

Warsong commander is bugged now. The 1/1's from Haunted Creeper don't get charge either, which made a huge difference in an arena game last night.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 16, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

APK can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2pestg/hearthstone_is_out_on_android_tablets/cmw1w2q

Thanks Watno. Saved me some searching.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 17, 2014, 01:57:42 am »

It's now available everywhere, they recommend re-installing with the "real" version.

I cannot imagine playing on a phone.  Nice on my Nexus 10 though.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 17, 2014, 11:29:38 am »

Warsong commander is bugged now. The 1/1's from Haunted Creeper don't get charge either, which made a huge difference in an arena game last night.
Huh.  Maybe it was giving recombobulated things charge for some reason and they overfixed it
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 20 queries.