Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 619505 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1625 on: July 29, 2014, 10:24:17 am »

Ah.  Half my problem was in thinking that zoo was an aggro deck, probably because I had just recently been playing an aggro mage deck.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: July 29, 2014, 10:29:10 am »

It kind of is an aggro deck, though. You just have to aggro their mininons instead of their face. ;)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: July 29, 2014, 10:53:25 am »

So the release of the next wing is scheduled for 11:59 on tuesday. 3AM eastern time for me. I have no problem with whenever they want to release it, but they shouldn't be telling us they will release it on tuesday when in fact they are really releasing it on wednesday.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13594760064

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:25 am »

i read an article  recently that broke downdecks along two axes...early game vs lategame and burst vs board control.  a deck like zoo is early game control, while face rogue is early game burst deck

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:11 am »

i read an article  recently that broke downdecks along two axes...early game vs lategame and burst vs board control.  a deck like zoo is early game control, while face rogue is early game burst deck
Do you have a link? Sounds interesting

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: July 29, 2014, 11:15:27 am »

So the release of the next wing is scheduled for 11:59 on tuesday. 3AM eastern time for me. I have no problem with whenever they want to release it, but they shouldn't be telling us they will release it on tuesday when in fact they are really releasing it on wednesday.

$999.99

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 29, 2014, 11:37:19 am »
+1

Do you have a link? Sounds interesting

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/pvs-playhouse-hearthstone-for-magic-players/

its an article written by a magic player fpr magic p'ayers, but theres probably still enough interesting stuff to make it worth reading even if you dont play magic

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 29, 2014, 11:51:57 am »

Leper Gnome is weak in zoo because it doesn't help you retain board control. If you don't have a second Argent Squire, I'd suggest crafting one since it's cheap, but alternatively you can put in a Shieldbearer since they used to be run in zoo anyway. (I don't know why the Shieldbearers got phased out. Possibly just because there are too many other good cards wanting inclusion.)

I think, but ain't sure, that Shieldbearer is played less cuz there are better 1 drops and because Hunter lost in popularity with UTH nerf, and Shieldbearer's best role was protecting your more valuable minions from charges, and basically soaking 4 doggies or 2 timber-doggies.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: July 29, 2014, 12:03:07 pm »

$999.99

I was all ready to go this morning. Oh well I'll be ready to go tomorrow morning too. (Got 700 Gold saved).

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: July 29, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »

Grujah, the zoo deck has been working wonders for me so.. 10-2 since I picked it up.  It's working way better than my old zoo list ever was/

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1635 on: July 29, 2014, 12:20:45 pm »

Naxx zoo is pretty stupidly good right now.  I played this and won 10 games in a row a few days ago.  http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2bqcxa/naxxramas_zoo_deck_rank_10legend_in_23_nights/

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 29, 2014, 12:32:51 pm »

Naxx zoo is pretty stupidly good right now.  I played this and won 10 games in a row a few days ago.  http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2bqcxa/naxxramas_zoo_deck_rank_10legend_in_23_nights/

Lol I actually put almost this exact deck together by coincidence this morning. Void Terror and Nerubians are really good together. I ran it a bit less mid gamey (not as many 4s and only 1 Doomguard) and just went face. It wrecked a Handlock deck I went up against, but I think I might tweak it to make it a bit more like this (dropping some 1s in favour of a bit more midgame power with Defenders, SSC and Dark Iron Dwarves).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 29, 2014, 04:26:43 pm »

@Naxx cards -
I really haven't had much access to HS this past week, but from what I saw, I still hate haunter creeper on paper but in action it seems decent.
Turn 2 creeper, turn 3 Juggler + Sargeant gives you 3 damage and 3 knives, it's quite effective.

Grujah, the zoo deck has been working wonders for me so.. 10-2 since I picked it up.  It's working way better than my old zoo list ever was/

Here's some pointers:
If I don't have 1/2 1-drops on play/draw*, I mull for 1 drops. I usually leave 1 two drop just in case.
I always mull 3+ drops. Sargeant is not counted as 1 drop as you REALLY do not want to drop him T1. Dropping Priestess T1 without anything else is not that bad. You can save Soulfire vs Druid/Lock/Rogue or Mortal Coil vs Paladin/Hunter/Shaman/Lock. Only one of these 2.
If you drop Knife Juggler T2, he dies. Like, 80% of times. He bites removal like nothing else. I usually like to drop Wolf first because he has instant benefit, and Juggler later, if I have to choose. (chose?).
You usually don't want to discard anything with Doom Guard but if you have to, you have to. You ideally want it to make it so that turn 6 you empty everything in your hand except Doom Guard, so if you draw a 1 or 2 drop you can drop that + doom guard turn 7.
If you plan to Life Tap, ALWAYS Tap before making other plays (except with Doom/Soulfire edgecases).
Positioning, esp with wolf, is very important. 3/2 1/3 1/3 is much better positioning than 1/3 3/2 1/3, because it gives you more flexibility with Wolf/Argus. When placing a new minion, and you have a wolf in middle, you want to put it next to a taunter or a primary target, as those die first and new guy gets boost faster. When you have a Wolf on ground, attack with everything first, than drop a Doom between Wolf and something, for that 1 extra damage, if you can. And stuff like that.

*play/draw = without coin/with coin, I cannot shake that term.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 29, 2014, 06:04:57 pm »

Sweet on mukla. Not the best, playable.

Any suggestions on how?  I've yet to deal damage with him.  I'm coining him out T2 as it seems more dangerous to play later in the game...is that wrong?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 29, 2014, 06:08:30 pm »

Any suggestions on how?  I've yet to deal damage with him.  I'm coining him out T2 as it seems more dangerous to play later in the game...is that wrong?

On curve he's pretty good. Yeah, late game the bananas are really good for your opponent though.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 29, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »

Have ways to either control the board after he is dropped or not care. Or to use Bananas to your advantage.

Blueblimp posted a Zoo list with it. (You control the board with other stuff)

Backlight Rogue is another list
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/60091-backspace-coldlight-rogue
(I play similar list, -2 Hoarders, -Ass's Blade, -Defias, +Perdition, +2x (3 damage to hero), +Faerie Dragon).
You don't care about bananas and occasionally it fills his hand so he cannot draw from Coldlight.

Paladin Aggro/Zoo is another one, where you combo out Mukla + Divine Favor.

He's OKish in Midrange Hunter, as he is a beast.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:37:51 pm by Grujah »

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 29, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »

I just lost to a druid in arena with Norzdormu AND Onyxia...

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 29, 2014, 09:29:14 pm »

Does anyone have a golden portrait?  I just hit 200 druids wins, and I feel like I've been playing constantly since it started counting.. getting 500 is insane.  I don't think I"ve even played 500 games since season 1, let alone get 500 wins.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 29, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

Does anyone have a golden portrait?  I just hit 200 druids wins, and I feel like I've been playing constantly since it started counting.. getting 500 is insane.  I don't think I"ve even played 500 games since season 1, let alone get 500 wins.

I have around 180 wins for shaman. I think the people who have the golden heros play almost exclusively ranked, and they play a lot.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:10 pm »

I have 800 wins total in arena, and that's over a lot of time. I'm astounded at how quickly some people got golden heroes.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 29, 2014, 10:43:00 pm »

When I was playing ranked zoo, I would do like 8 games an hour. It wouldn't take all that long to get a golden warlock at that rate. Golden priest, on the other hand, that'd take ages.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 29, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »

When I was playing ranked zoo, I would do like 8 games an hour. It wouldn't take all that long to get a golden warlock at that rate. Golden priest, on the other hand, that'd take ages.

8 games an hour all day?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 29, 2014, 11:23:10 pm »
+1

I just lost to a druid in arena with Norzdormu AND Onyxia...
And just now, another druid with Cairn and Cenarius... Who said we don't need to consider 2 legendaries in arena?

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 30, 2014, 03:12:42 am »

I think the shop is getting hammered by everyone trying to buy the new adventure at midnight - it took 700 gold, but got stuck on authorization, and when I reloaded the shop was closed.

Anyways, just a general PSA, you probably shouldn't touch the shop until it gets resolved. My payment is still Queued in my order history, will probably take a while to go through.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1649 on: July 30, 2014, 06:18:49 am »
+1

I opened a pack...

This was pretty lucky, right?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 119  All

Page created in 1.987 seconds with 20 queries.