Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 619607 times)

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1600 on: July 25, 2014, 11:47:07 am »

Seeing as I don't play hunter, totally doing that when I get home

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 25, 2014, 11:53:44 am »

From a card elegance perspective, the change to bow makes sense to me, but I'm surprised because lots of cards have this particular clunkiness, such as Blood Knight. From a power perspective, I've barely played Hunter, but I assume it's not a huge difference (except maybe vs Freeze Mage?).

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 25, 2014, 11:59:14 am »

From a card elegance perspective, the change to bow makes sense to me, but I'm surprised because lots of cards have this particular clunkiness, such as Blood Knight. From a power perspective, I've barely played Hunter, but I assume it's not a huge difference (except maybe vs Freeze Mage?).

I said it didn't make a huge difference, but pops made the point that once Mad Scientist comes out, we'll see way more decks with secrets in them. So I guess during testing they found Eaglehorn Bow went nuts and it needed to be changed.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 25, 2014, 12:01:15 pm »

Wait, what do you guys mean by disenchanting at "crafting cost"? Don't you always get the same amount of dust back from disenchanting a card? Like, a non-gold common gives 5 dust on disenchant.

"Crafting cost" is the cost to craft the card. When they change, there is a grace period to get the crafting cost rather than the disenchant cost (40 vs 5 for non-gold common), which gives you an opportunity to get your full dust value back if you crafted the card but no longer like it after the change. So now for a limited time you can get 100(800) for your (golden) Eaglehorn Bow.
Oh right. I didn't think it would ever turn up again. Is the bow the only changed card?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 25, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »

Fun fact: there are still 5 neutral commons which I have no copies of.  They include mogu'shan warden and jungle panther.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: July 25, 2014, 10:51:25 pm »

I checked which commons I didn't own a few days ago. It turned out I had at least two copies of every common except for Mark of Nature, of which I somehow had zero.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 25, 2014, 11:04:46 pm »

Yesss, opened a 2nd Auchenai. I can craft the Cabals and make any priest deck I want now if I so choose.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 27, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »

So I just drafted this arena and I'm wondering what you guys think.  I only got 1 consecrations, but I also have a lot of divine shield along with my bloodknight, which could be fun.  I'm lacking in big minions though.  I probably should have taken lord of the arena over the bluegill.  My biggest ones I was not sure about were:

Pick 2: Acolyte of pain vs. Jungle panther.  I really like acolyte of pain, but the jungle panther looked pretty nice too.  I feel like stealth minions help to draw out AoE attacks and that's probably what I would try to use it for.
Pick 8: Haunted creeper vs. silvermoon guardian (I didn't really think darkscale healer would be that good after already having some solid 5 drops already).  I went for the haunted creeper because I figured putting more bodies on the field would be really good in arena.
Pick 10: Azure Drake vs. sunfury protector (I outed mana wraith since I had all minions early on in the draft and I wasn't expecting too many spells as paladin.  Sunfury could be really good with my hero power and with the number of minions I was planning on getting.  But I went with the drake because I like the cantrip and it's a bigger body.  I didn't think the spell damage would be very useful as paladin (unless it is luckily there with my consecration
Pick 20: Bloodknight vs. BGH.  I really do like BGH because it's really awesome when it pulls through.  But I feel like I want more bodies on the field in arena and holding him in my hand until the opportune moment seems bad in arena.  Also, I had tons of divine shield potential
Pick 30: injured blademaster vs. divine favor vs. mind control tech - I have had some pretty good luck with mind control tech so I was very tempted to take him.  I could have taken divine favor since I have a good number of cheap minions to put out early, but it seems too situational.  I eventually went for injured blademaster because of his stats

Any feedback?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 27, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »

also, game 1 face a druid who picked and angry chicken in arena...

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 27, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »

1.  I would consider taking maexxna.  I haven't yet played with her in arena, but she seems good, and is a 6 drop.

2. Jungle panther.

7 silvermoon guardian

8 silvermoon guardian

15. Unsure, depends on curve at that point, but I strongly consider dire wolf.. It's a good card in paladin.

25 I think I like blessing of might more, in general

26 how many 4 drops did you have?  A lot, probably, but the power drop off to wisdom is so big I can't imagine taking it. It's not like wisdom is a turn 1 play

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 27, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »

You can see the mana curve-to-date in Arena Mastery if you click on "Comments".

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 27, 2014, 08:24:49 pm »

I think I may have found the solution to my problem of being too bad at Arena to sustainably pay the entrance fee:
I started playing on the American severs as well. Aside form the starting bonuses this means I'll have twice as many quests to do now.
I hope that's enough.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 27, 2014, 10:51:57 pm »

1.  I would consider taking maexxna.  I haven't yet played with her in arena, but she seems good, and is a 6 drop.

2. Jungle panther.

7 silvermoon guardian

8 silvermoon guardian

15. Unsure, depends on curve at that point, but I strongly consider dire wolf.. It's a good card in paladin.

25 I think I like blessing of might more, in general

26 how many 4 drops did you have?  A lot, probably, but the power drop off to wisdom is so big I can't imagine taking it. It's not like wisdom is a turn 1 play

I mostly agree, but I like Brewmaster better than Silvermoon.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 27, 2014, 11:19:47 pm »

I'm having knee surgery tomorrow, and will be in the hospital recovering until Wednesday. This means I have a LOT of free time coming up, and I'm planning on playing lots of hearthstone to try and push for legendary.

The only problem is, I'm not sure what deck I've been playing. I have a ramp Druid and midrange shaman deck that are okay, but I'm not blown away by them.

Any of you have deck lists that are working out for you?  Card accessibility isn't an issue, since I have a decent amount of legendaries already and 5k dust in the bank. 

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 27, 2014, 11:42:28 pm »

Well, if your goal is simply to hit legend, then Zoo is the usual route. Although not the strongest deck in the game, it's good enough to hit legend, and it's fairly simple to play and has fast games. For a list, you can't go wrong playing whatever Kolento plays, although you may want to throw a couple Eggs in there since that list predates Naxx.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 28, 2014, 12:06:36 am »

Where is the best discussion of the meta?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 28, 2014, 05:22:47 am »

Yeah, I agree with blueblimp.
Zoo is solid, easy and fast to play, great for climbing.

This is what I hit legend with this month:
https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10492220_612501905536293_9111214072566981136_n.jpg

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 28, 2014, 10:57:55 pm »

So.... I just opened my 3rd felguard...

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 28, 2014, 11:02:02 pm »

So.... I just opened my 3rd felguard...

That's too bad since felguard kind of sucks.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:07 am »

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10492220_612501905536293_9111214072566981136_n.jpg

So I've gone 2-4 with this deck (except 1 Squire replaced by Leper Gnome) at level 17.  Any thoughts on what I should be mulliganing or what the playstyle is here?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 29, 2014, 01:18:50 am »

So I've gone 2-4 with this deck (except 1 Squire replaced by Leper Gnome) at level 17.  Any thoughts on what I should be mulliganing or what the playstyle is here?

Your opener is really key, you want to mulligan into hands where you play a good 1 drop turn 1, or two good 1 drops if you have the coin.  Good 1 drops are all the minions other tha. Abusive seat gent isn't a good turn 1 play most of the time 

Also, keep in mind that you're not a burn deck.  Board control is the name of the game.  Making good trades is better than dealing damage unless they are close to dead.

Side note:  why are zoo decks cutting shieldbearer now?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 29, 2014, 01:31:00 am »

Just opened my 3rd Ancient of Lore, my 2nd Angry Chicken, and King Mukla all in one pack!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 29, 2014, 01:52:23 am »

Sweet on mukla. Not the best, playable.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 29, 2014, 09:49:23 am »

Also, keep in mind that you're not a burn deck.  Board control is the name of the game.  Making good trades is better than dealing damage unless they are close to dead.
This is the key thing. Zoo aims to control the board from turn 1 until the game ends. Your number one priority is trading well, and if possible efficiently, clearing your opponent's board. One reason zoo works so well is that, once you start running out of cards, you can life tap to draw a total of two cards per turn while your opponent is just drawing one, so this gives you longevity. You only start to think about face damage when your opponent is very low on health (say 9-ish plus the damage you have on board, because that's Doomguard+Soulfire to finish).

A second reason zoo works so well is that, by emptying your hand fast, you can often play Doomguard and Soulfire with no penalty. But if the situation demands it, don't be afraid to play either with full penalty in the service of board control.

Leper Gnome is weak in zoo because it doesn't help you retain board control. If you don't have a second Argent Squire, I'd suggest crafting one since it's cheap, but alternatively you can put in a Shieldbearer since they used to be run in zoo anyway. (I don't know why the Shieldbearers got phased out. Possibly just because there are too many other good cards wanting inclusion.)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1624 on: July 29, 2014, 10:02:04 am »

trading well
Trading Well
$3 Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. Put it into your hand. If you do, put a card from your hand on top of your deck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.