Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 619789 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1550 on: July 17, 2014, 09:47:25 am »

I have tried out murlocks. It's fun when you get warleader or the one that gives all other murlocks 2 health. Otherwise, they just die. To everything.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 17, 2014, 10:37:47 am »

Is it worth spending the dust to craft a Murloc Warleader (epic) to get the Legendary Murloc?

Probably not, unless you have some gimmick in mind using Murkeye without having 2 Warleaders. If you want do do an actual Murlock deck or semi-Murlock deck you need at least 2x Warleader and 2x Seer. So crafting the first Warleader doesn't get you there.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1552 on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:51 am »
+5

I just play Zoolock and make gurgling noises while playing.  It's like playing a Murloc deck except you have decent minions instead.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22:35 am »

I just play Zoolock and make gurgling noises while playing.  It's like playing a Murloc deck except you have decent minions instead.
I thought that would be playing zoo as a warlock...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 17, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »

Is it worth spending the dust to craft a Murloc Warleader (epic) to get the Legendary Murloc?

Probably not, unless you have some gimmick in mind using Murkeye without having 2 Warleaders. If you want do do an actual Murlock deck or semi-Murlock deck you need at least 2x Warleader and 2x Seer. So crafting the first Warleader doesn't get you there.

I have 2x all Murlocs except Warleader (0) and Oracle (1).  It's only tempting because it's orange.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 17, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »

Aaaaaaa, so excited! Wait, is it only free for like a week then? or still free for a month?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 17, 2014, 08:29:40 pm »

I just logged into battle.net and now its says the 23rd.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 17, 2014, 09:28:03 pm »

Aaaaaaa, so excited! Wait, is it only free for like a week then? or still free for a month?
I think as long as you start it in the first month it is free

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 17, 2014, 09:47:24 pm »

I just logged into battle.net and now its says the 23rd.
22nd for NA, 23rd for EU.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: July 18, 2014, 04:23:35 am »

What the shit was this arena. 2 Polys, 3 Flamestrikes, 2 Water Elementals, and I went 2-3.

One loss was because a Hunter did Scavenging Hyena + Coin + Stonetusk to kill my Worgen Infiltraitor, and I had no way to remove it instantly. Then my 3/2 dies to Bow, Sen'jin dies to Kill Command, and I literally cannot kill it. Was preventable, but still hurt.

2nd loss, going okay, I decide to hold Flamestrike and kill the 4/4 from Silver Hand Knight with a Frostbolt + hero power instead. It's just lots of totems...and then Cult Master + Bloodlust and my board gets wiped. I end up pretty low, against Cult Master and two 0/2 totems. I could use Flamestrike here, but killing pretty much only Cult Master, after he drew all those cards? So I drop lots of minions instead and pass. 2nd Bloodlust, Windfury on Cult Master, I die.

3rd loss, another Shaman, a Bloodlust hurts me pretty bad but I think I still made the right call. I get down 8 life, opponent at 19, Ravenholdt vs 0/2 totem. Hit for face, debate whether I really want to kill the 0/2 by burning a Cone of Cold, decide it's better to just play all my creatures because I can threaten lethal and he still has ~4 cards in hand.

Rockbiter + Rockbiter + Windfury to kill me. Just, it feels like I made the right calls and lost because I played against decks that could do lots of damage from hand if they got lucky or met the right conditions.

Edit: I suppose my deck had a bit too much removal and not enough creatures, but I usually had a 2/3/4 drop every game. I didn't have any 5 drops or 6 drops, but between all my 4s I don't think it mattered.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:25:07 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 18, 2014, 11:29:49 am »

Vs Shaman, it's pretty important to deny them minions on the board, even if they are low value minions. Vs a Silver Hand Knight plus a bunch of totems, while it's not the greatest value flamestrike, keep in mind that each totem cost him 2 mana, so it's still an advantageous trade. If you already have a board, it may be worth doing if you can't clear his board any other way. There are lots of tricks Shaman can pull with totems on the board (Rockbiter, Wolf, Dwarf, Flametongue Totem, etc.).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:31:06 am by blueblimp »

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 18, 2014, 01:23:36 pm »
+1

indeed.  Also Bloodlust, Windfury, etc.  I know I just play around the lower levels, but it seems like the players I lose to are those who take out my totems at all costs while slowly whittling me down.  I've had players late game who thought they were setting themselves up to finish me off and go face without dropping taunts because I have a weak uninspiring board.  But even on turn 8, I can make my 0/2 totem, 1/1 totem, and Chillwind Yeti do a total of 27 damage.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 18, 2014, 01:40:49 pm »

Yeah, I suppose so. In my defense my deck was not very creature heavy, I usually had 2 or 3 fat creatures out during turns 4-6 and found it really hard to justify killing totems - Totem + a creature every turn and I usually didn't have the option to kill both and do face damage. I didn't have many creatures in my deck, so trades eventually leave me with lots of removal and no way to get damage after that.

I'm only really annoyed by the last loss now - all the rest were preventable, I just needed to play my removal sooner than I thought.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 18, 2014, 02:58:12 pm »

indeed.  Also Bloodlust, Windfury, etc.  I know I just play around the lower levels, but it seems like the players I lose to are those who take out my totems at all costs while slowly whittling me down.  I've had players late game who thought they were setting themselves up to finish me off and go face without dropping taunts because I have a weak uninspiring board.  But even on turn 8, I can make my 0/2 totem, 1/1 totem, and Chillwind Yeti do a total of 27 damage.
I'm guessing Flametongue Totem + Bloodlust + Windfury, but that adds up to 9 mana. Is there some other solution?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 18, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »

And this is why shaman is one of my favorite classes to play :) do you run 1 or 2 bloodlusts? Because I feel like when I have 2, they collide or I never have to use both.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 18, 2014, 03:03:42 pm »

I'm guessing Flametongue Totem + Bloodlust + Windfury, but that adds up to 9 mana. Is there some other solution?
In your case, 2 rickbiters > flame tongue, assuming no minions die and you're just smashing face...

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 18, 2014, 03:29:12 pm »

And this is why shaman is one of my favorite classes to play :) do you run 1 or 2 bloodlusts? Because I feel like when I have 2, they collide or I never have to use both.

0 or 1. It's your burst card, but you really don't need more than 1.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 18, 2014, 03:51:11 pm »

Rockbiter on the windfury also adds 6 damage, but only costs 1 mana instead of Flametongue's 2.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 18, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »

I run 2 bloodlusts.  It's my finisher, but I also use it to stay alive when needed..and I've also finished with double bloodlust to kill a Warrior armored up over 30 before.  I bet he wasn't happy.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 18, 2014, 04:53:51 pm »

That's what I thought, and that's why I dropped my second for something else. 

I run 2 bloodlusts.  It's my finisher, but I also use it to stay alive when needed..and I've also finished with double bloodlust to kill a Warrior armored up over 30 before.  I bet he wasn't happy.

Wow, impressive... Impressive he had that much armor too.  If only hearthstone had logs...

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 18, 2014, 05:22:46 pm »

oh no, not more than 30 armor...I mean to say that with armor+health, he had somewhere between 30 and 40 "damage until death"

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 18, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »

It's not just that you don't need more than 1. It's that Bloodlust is a *very* conditional card. It's really bad if you have fewer than 3 minions out. And if you have 1 or fewer minions out, your Flametongues are also bad. If you have too many cards that depend on the same condition, it's very easy to have nothing to play despite having a full hand. It's better to add a different kind of finisher (Lava Burst, Windfury, Doomhammer, Al'Akir, Rag) rather than a second Bloodlust. That way you have something usable in completely different situations, giving you more options throughout the game.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 18, 2014, 06:40:06 pm »

It's not just that you don't need more than 1. It's that Bloodlust is a *very* conditional card. It's really bad if you have fewer than 3 minions out. And if you have 1 or fewer minions out, your Flametongues are also bad. If you have too many cards that depend on the same condition, it's very easy to have nothing to play despite having a full hand. It's better to add a different kind of finisher (Lava Burst, Windfury, Doomhammer, Al'Akir, Rag) rather than a second Bloodlust. That way you have something usable in completely different situations, giving you more options throughout the game.

Of course. I was on my phone, and I hate typing on it :P I started to run only 1 falmetongue and only added a Bloodlust recently. Al'Akir is usually my burst option. I have Rag, but he's usually a win more card, or win off of RNG.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 18, 2014, 10:30:05 pm »

So I just had my first to games end due to fatigue today.

The first one was my death, priest vs. priest.  I had 2 northshire clerics on the board and he wasn't putting minions down.  I couldn't do enough damage to finish him off and he kept damaging then healing my clerics making me draw cards... I'm not sure how his deck would have worked against non-priests.  but I was so close to killing him then he killed me...

The next was against a mage who I got down to 1 health, after mind-controlling their ragnaros, then holy nova to take out thier thalnos and other spell damage boosters.  Then of course, she pulls out alextraza and brings herself back to 1 health...  We got to the point where neither of us had cards, but she had drawn many more.  I dealt lethal damaged that was blocked, but then caused her to draw cards due to their acolyte of pain for the kill when she tried to draw at the start of her turn.  That win felt pretty good
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.