Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Master of Disguise  (Read 1871 times)

WilsonWriter

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: storyteller
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
    • WilsonWriter.com
Master of Disguise
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:29:26 am »

MASTER OF DISGUISE
$5 - Action

Choose one card the player on your right played last turn, and this is that card for this turn only.

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: Master of Disguise
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:42:58 am »

It should be limited to actions, or be a reaction card that can be revealed at any time, as your version can mimic a treasure but would be played as an action or at least during your action phase, I think.

WilsonWriter

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • WilsonWriter.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:07 am »

Yes, it is laid down as an Action, but it can become a Treasure. If I don't have something that gives me more actions, then that's it.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:00 am »

Seems like a reasonable card to me.  I don't see an issue with it mimicking a treasure card.

Do you intend for it to lower costs when it mimics Highway?  Should it trash itself for a Madman under appropriate conditions when mimicking Hermit?  If so, you probably need to say a bit more; try looking at Band of Misfits.
Well you *do* need a signature...

WilsonWriter

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • WilsonWriter.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 03:09:44 pm »

Yes, it mimics Highways cost-cutting. It cannot do the Duration features of a card since it can only be played for this turn, and if a benefit requires trashing, it cannot do that unless you trash Master of Disguise for good.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 03:18:10 pm »

Yes, it mimics Highways cost-cutting. It cannot do the Duration features of a card since it can only be played for this turn, and if a benefit requires trashing, it cannot do that unless you trash Master of Disguise for good.

I assume you mean that it doesn't stay out (since it lacks the Duration type).  You would still have to, say, implement the 2nd turn "+2 cards, +1 buy" if you mimicked a Wharf.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:00 pm »
+1

By the current wording i can play it as a Madman or Spoils and put it on the respective pile, covering the pile up and causing some confusion. I suggest limiting it to cards in the supply, as with BoM.

Also i suggest to borrow the "until it leaves play" from Band of Misfits instead of "this turn only". As SirPeebles said, the fact that Duration cards give you some benefit next turn is not at all dependant on them staying out, rule-wise. So even if this card leaves play after this turn, it will still have the duration effect later (having the card stay out is just for players comfort). So as you can't keept the duration effect from happening, just leaving the card in play makes it a lot easier to use. And then of course there's the option of ignoring the rules - but you'd never do that, would you...?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.649 seconds with 21 queries.