Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Knights vs Prizes  (Read 1037 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Knights vs Prizes
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:57:42 am »
+1

My opponent saw knights.  I saw a quick province with bridge/highway with a little trashing from Steward.  My "quick" province didn't quite work out due to trashing from knights, but eventually I had my prize cards, and my opponent could not get enough economy to buy victory cards before I finished off three piles.  Looking back I think we both missed a dominant strategy with armory being used to gain 4/(5 after highway) cost cards, but this game serves as a caution that winning a race to get the knights is not always a good thing.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: Knights vs Prizes
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:15:09 am »
+2

Opening double Steward into WM/Armory/Highway/Knights should be best here. If you ignore Knights, your Provinces will just get trashed thanks to Highway.

You opponent played it very poorly. He opened Steward, but didn't use it for trashing once; that's giving up the game right there.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.341 seconds with 20 queries.