Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 140817 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 1!)
« Reply #675 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:15 pm »

Is a town fake counter useful?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 14, 2013, 05:02:45 pm »

Nope and nope to ash. Intent to hammer Gloss when Aire gets back.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 14, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

I haven't gone anywhere (yet). I'm just waiting on everyone to check in now.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 14, 2013, 05:07:54 pm »

I haven't gone anywhere (yet). I'm just waiting on everyone to check in now.
By "get back," I meant "votes again."
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 14, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

dang it. bad bad bad :(. we had to do this though. UoS messed up.

I'm not counterclaiming.

people yet to not-counterclaim:

Jorbles
Eevee
nkirbit
yuma
shraeye
mail-mi
ash
Names who didn't counterclaim struck out.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 14, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »

not counterclaiming

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 14, 2013, 08:39:37 pm »

dang it. bad bad bad :(. we had to do this though. UoS messed up.

I'm not counterclaiming.

people yet to not-counterclaim:

Jorbles
Eevee
nkirbit
yuma
shraeye
mail-mi
ash
Names who didn't counterclaim struck out.
Just waiting for jorbs.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 14, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »

Oh sorry, I'm behind, but I am not counterclaiming.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 14, 2013, 09:07:03 pm »

Oh, well I guess there's not much more to say. Vote: Voltgloss. Is that the hammer? If it is we met a soft deadline for once, albeit on a big scum slip!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 14, 2013, 09:09:27 pm »

And the hammer!

vote: Voltgloss

My first hammer not on myself :)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 14, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

And the hammer!

vote: Voltgloss

My first hammer not on myself :)

Congrats.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 14, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »

Volt, want to confess now?  We'll put you in the Frisk Category of scumslips.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 14, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »

THREAD LOCKED
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 14, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »

Final Vote Count

Voltgloss (7): shraeye, ashersky, Robz888, Eevee, nkirbit, Jorbles, mail-mi
Robz888 (1): Voltgloss
ashersky (1): yuma
Jorbles (1): UmbrageOfSnow

Not Voting (2): liopoil, Voltaire
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:13:40 pm by Archetype »
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »

The members of the Dinner Party decided to split up to cover more ground. With 12 people, the buddy system was used and 6 groups of 2 people each vacated the main room and headed up to look at the floor above.

The Judoon Captain and Ood Sigma became a pair and opted to stay on the main floor. Sarah Smith decided this was her time to do some detective work, so K-9 and herself joined up with a young man standing suspiciously in the back corner. She didn't want to give identity away, so she created a pseudonym (a username, if you will) and walked over to introduce herself.

She told the man in the corner her alias and held out her hand to shake. "Hi," The man said, "I'm <color=grey><b>Voltglos</b></color>". Sarah asked if he'd like to go and explore the mansion, and he said yes. So the three of them headed upstairs.

The first room they entered was the kitchen. They saw two guys in there messing around with kitchen whisks and plunger looking things; one even looked like he had one of the whisks coming right out of his body! "How silly..." Sarah muttered and walked down the hallway. Voltgloss and K-9 lingered a little bit longer before following their companion.

The next room they entered was the ballroom. The walls were painted a dull pink and long drapes covered the windows. A couple of lounge chairs were pushed against the back wall and big chandelier hung from the ceiling, but several bulbs were out, casting a dark shadow across the giant room. The room itself was bare except for one person standing in the center of faded purple carpet. The guy looked to be doing some sort of mechanical dance. His arms moving in robotic fashion and legs awkwardly teetering side to side.

"Groovin' moves!" Sarah shouted. The man looked up, startled and quit with the dance moves. He composed himself and quickly walked out of the room. He didn't reply or anything. Only a dull humming could be heard emitting from him.

Voltgloss stared at the man for a little while longer before turning back to face the ballroom. His eyes lit up as he pranced his way to the center of the room. "This room reminds me of my wedding day..." He sighed, leaping through the air and performing dazzling pirouettes; showing exactly what 5 years of ballet can teach you.

K-9 and Sarah Jane exchanged a glance before she asked, "Excuse me, um, sir. What is your actual name?"

Voltgloss stopped mid-spin and turned to face her. He figured that this girl seemed trustworthy enough to tell her his actual name.

"Donna Noble." He, er, she responded.

Sarah's eyes grew wide and thought "So he's a girl. Or she's a boy. Or.." She shook her head, trying not to think too hard about it and asked, "So how was your wedding day?"

"Oh a complete disaster." Donna said. "Robot Santas crashed the party and my groom ended up being a servant to an evil arachnid." She laughed at and gazed at a tall window, staring at the faint light coming through the drapes, "But I did end up meeting The Doctor."

Sarah Jane Smith smiled, "So you were his companion?"

"Yes." She said, "But not at first. You see, he asked me to travel with him, but I said no. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it; I would go mad! And I did go mad! But not because he was by my side; but because I was away from his. I eventually found him again, and he offered again to have me join him in his TARDIS. This time I said yes. We went on wonderful adventures across the entire scope of the galaxy meeting new species and saving planets. But planets weren't the only things we saved. I ended up saving the entire galaxy! From Dalek Caan! Hah! Me! Could you believe it?"

She stared blankly, and then turned and walked back towards Sarah. "But then he dropped me off and, poof, just like that I was back to my normal life. My memory wiped as if it had never happened."

Donna began walking down the hallway with K-9 and Sarah following close behind. Sarah Jane Smith grew puzzled and asked, "But if your memory was wiped, how would you have known your memory was wiped in the first place?"

Donna laughed. "Time doesn't work like that. You should know that better than anyone, Sarah Smith."

"How did she know my name!?" Sarah thought. But she didn't get any time to ask. When they rounded a corner and peered down the grand staircase, they could see Ood Sigma, the Judoon Captain and 8 other guests were waiting for them at the base of it. And they didn't look happy.

"There she is!" Someone yelled. "Grab her!"

Sarah cowered in fear, scared of what the mob would do to her. But then she realized it wasn't her they were after.

"Let me go you ruffians!" Donna exclaimed. Struggling to get out of the grip of two people grabbing onto either arm. Hey! Sarah thought," These were the same two yahoos that were in the kitchen!

Sarah Jane Smith ran after her. "Stop! What are you doing!?"

"She's a Dalek!" One of the mobsters yelled. The others cheered in agreement. "We found this in her bag!" Someone said, holding a slightly bent kitchen whisk high in the air. A classic Dalek weapon!" Everyone yelled triumphantly. "Now let's lynch her!"

"No! No no no!" Sarah Smith protested, trying to shove her way through the crowd. But it was no use. The cheers of the crowd had reached a volume so high, no one could hear her.

The throng of people grew louder as the Judoon Captain pulled out a blaster and pointed it at Donna Noble. She tried to move out of the gun's scope, but she couldn't. The two men who were messing around in the kitchen had pinned her to the wall and were smiling maliciously.

"That's just a kitchen whiiiiiiiiisk!" Sarah Smith said in an over-dramatic slow-motion fashion. But it was too late. The Captain had pulled the trigger and vaporized Donna Noble to ashes.

Voltgloss, otherwise known as Donna Noble the Town-aligned Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2013, 11:38:26 pm »

The chorus died down as the sky outside darkened. A giant monolith of a ship could be seen in the distance, slowly approaching the mansion.

"With only 11 people alive, that leaves one open spot." Ood Sigma said informatively.

"Everyone run!" The Judoon Captain screamed.

The group scattered, but it was no use. The Dalek ship was too close.

Chaos ensued. The house began shaking and books began toppling off of the shelves. Everyone lied splattered against the ground and grabbed onto anything they could. Some people tried to escape the house, but they couldn't bring themselves close enough.

"Fire the Memory Beam!" Two unknown characters yelled.

Sarah turned to see who the pairing could be. She whirled around to see two men - the same too men who had been in the kitchen - with their arms spread wide and looking towards the ship. But they looked different. A long eyepiece jutted out their mouth and their feet weren't touching the ground. Instead, small wheels supported them. But she knew their pseudonym. She knew who the Daleks were.

She gripped the banister and pulled herself up, "Everyone!" She screamed over the chorus of the ship's deep buzz. "The Daleks are-"

In the blink of an eye and a flash of light a beam was sent from the mouth of the Dalek ship, simultaneously wiping everyone's memory and zapping them unconscious.

Night 1 start!

Night actions are due in 48 hours to both sudgy and I.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 16, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »

Episode 2
Suffering from the aftermath of the memory beam, the party guests now must band together to try and piece together who is who and eliminate those cursed duo of Daleks and that malicious solitary Cyberman.

The party guests had gathered together in the center of the room to talk with one another. Each only having an inkling of what they were and the only knowledge of their names being their pseudonyms.

"I'm...Voltaire" One man said. "Hi! I'm Mail-mi!" Another said. "I'm nkirbit!" Some yahoo in the back said. Everyone began shouting out their names until all had revealed their identity: Voltaire, mail-mi, nkiribt, shraeye, Robz888, Eevee, Jorbles, yuma, and liopoil.

"Hey, what's that?" Eevee asked, pointing and walking over to a piece of paper stapled next to the front door's frame. The paper had 12 names on it, but the name Voltgloss was crossed out.

Jorbles walked over to join him, scanned the list, and remarked, "It's a list of names of everyone here! Except, wait. Who's Voltgloss?"

Everyone looked around trying to find this mysterious person, until shraeye pointed and said, "I think that's him." Everyone looked where shraeye had pointed to see it was a pile of ashes against a wall.

"Oh..." Jorbles muttered sadly, "Is anyone here chairs? And what about ashersky?"

Everyone replied 'No.' and looked around to find the faces to match these names.

liopoil
walked towards the base of the stairs and pointed to a pile of black ashes on them. A white note card was placed on top of the soot. 'Chairs' the notecard read in typed letters. "I think this is, or was, chairs."

"And this must be ashersky," yuma said, pointing to a pile of black dust in the corner of the room with a similar piece of paper on top of it.

"What happened to them?" mail-mi asked.

"I guess someone, or something, killed them." nkiribt replied.

"Were they important?" shraeye inquired.

Jorbles grimaced as he crossed out 'ashersky' and 'chairs', "I guess we'll never know."

--

chairs has been vaporized!

ashersky has been vaporized!

Day 2 start!

Not Voting: (9) Voltaire, mail-mi, nkiribt, shraeye, Robz888, Eevee, Jorbles, yuma, and liopoil
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

The day will end August 26th.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 2!)
« Reply #692 on: August 16, 2013, 01:28:37 pm »

So thoughts? It's not surprising that chairs/UoS was shot.

I'm going to put forward that I think ashersky was shot because he came forward with the PR plan. Scum often PR hunt by looking to see who talk most about PR theory.

I'm also going to say I suspect yuma after Voltgloss's flip. Why? Because yuma seemed really unconvinced by shraeye's case based on VG's slip, which everyone else seemed fairly suspicious of, even VG. It's like yuma knew that the slip was just us misreading something that looked a lot like a real scumslip.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 16, 2013, 01:31:13 pm »

So thoughts? It's not surprising that chairs/UoS was shot.

I'm going to put forward that I think ashersky was shot because he came forward with the PR plan. Scum often PR hunt by looking to see who talk most about PR theory.

I'm also going to say I suspect yuma after Voltgloss's flip. Why? Because yuma seemed really unconvinced by shraeye's case based on VG's slip, which everyone else seemed fairly suspicious of, even VG. It's like yuma knew that the slip was just us misreading something that looked a lot like a real scumslip.
I decided I didn't think the slip meant anything even before yuma did. you can say that we wanted towncred for being off wagon because we thought it would go through anyway... but meh.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 16, 2013, 01:48:45 pm »

only two deaths. either:

- mafia didn't shoot. why??
- SK didn't shoot. why??
- vig didn't shoot. why?? :(
- mafia got roleblocked :)
- vig got roleblocked :(

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 16, 2013, 01:49:29 pm »

oh, also possible:

- two people shot the same player
- someone shot the SK

that's a lot of possibilities.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 16, 2013, 02:03:59 pm »

Given those possibilities, is it useful for a roleblocker to claim? (if the vig shot and the shot didn't go through they might want to hold off on claiming if they think there is a good possibility they shot the SK)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 16, 2013, 02:48:23 pm »

I don't think we want to out more PRs at this point.

1)  We don't know if the roleblocker claim would be legit.  It's possible Ashersky was the roleblocker.

2)  Even if the roleblocker claims his result, I don't think that it would necessarily tell us what happened.  For example, the vig could've shot Ashersky and both scumteams shot Chairs.  Or the vig and one scumteam both shot Ash.  Or the roleblocker hit.  Or the vig declined to shoot.  There's so many options that a sincere roleblocker claim won't necessarily be helpful, and we can't even be sure such a claim would be sincere.

I'm going to go back and re-read day1 later, and post my thoughts on it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:21 pm »

I don't think we want to out more PRs at this point.

1)  We don't know if the roleblocker claim would be legit.  It's possible Ashersky was the roleblocker.

2)  Even if the roleblocker claims his result, I don't think that it would necessarily tell us what happened.  For example, the vig could've shot Ashersky and both scumteams shot Chairs.  Or the vig and one scumteam both shot Ash.  Or the roleblocker hit.  Or the vig declined to shoot.  There's so many options that a sincere roleblocker claim won't necessarily be helpful, and we can't even be sure such a claim would be sincere.

I'm going to go back and re-read day1 later, and post my thoughts on it.

1) It IS possible, but that would mean ashersky lied as town. He claimed VT, remember?

2) Nevertheless I agree with you that the RB shouldn't claim.

The most likely thing is that the Town Vig (wisely) did not shoot. Town Vigs are negative utility on Night 1! They shouldn't shoot! Sorry I guess I forgot to give that rant yesterday, I just assumed everybody knew at this point.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 16, 2013, 03:10:04 pm »

The most likely thing is that the Town Vig (wisely) did not shoot. Town Vigs are negative utility on Night 1! They shouldn't shoot! Sorry I guess I forgot to give that rant yesterday, I just assumed everybody knew at this point.
FoS: Robz888 for not giving that rant yesterday, actually. that's the kinda thing I expect him to do as town each game with a vig. maybe he forgot, or maybe he's scum.

but actually I disagree with that. I really hope the vig shot last night.

my best bet is that both the SK and mafia shot chairs, and the vig shot ashersky.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.657 seconds with 20 queries.