Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Randomizer app with Dutch language support?  (Read 1931 times)

Synthesizer

• Bishop
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
Randomizer app with Dutch language support?
« on: July 29, 2013, 02:33:16 am »

IRL, I used to own two sets (base + seaside) and I have been using the randomizer cards for kingdom generation. Recently, we added cornucopia to the mix. Now, the stack of randomizers starts to become unmanageable. Or in the least, a nuisance.

So I downloaded two (free :)) Dominion randomizer apps to our iPad. Thing is, we're from Holland and our card names are in Dutch. Both randomizer apps I downloaded don't seem to support Dutch card names. I could of course translate, but an app with Dutch language support would be better.

Does anybody know of a kingdom generator app that has Dutch language support? Preferably for iOS, but if it's for Android, post anyway - I don't have a smartphone yet (no, really), but my current mobile phone is starting to fall apart, quite literally, after about a decade of loyal service. So Android might come to our house in the somewhat near future. That, and someone searching the forum for an Android randomizer app might find this topic. Sometimes I ramble.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Randomizer app with Dutch language support?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:45 am »

IRL, I used to own two sets (base + seaside) and I have been using the randomizer cards for kingdom generation. Recently, we added cornucopia to the mix. Now, the stack of randomizers starts to become unmanageable. Or in the least, a nuisance.
You don't have to shuffle the stack every time, just set aside the cards you've already played with and shuffle them when you run out of cards. I have all the expansions (EDIT: except Guilds which will be released in Finnish next month) and I still use the randomizers.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qbba

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:48:39 pm »

I have a simple online randomizer which can support multiple languages quite easily. Unfortunately, you would have to create the translation files beforehand so I can add them.

It's not an App, but websites should work as well?
http://qbba.host56.com (Excuse the obnoxious ad popup on this hoster, they recently added that. If anyone knows a better free webhoster, I'd gladly change)
It's possible to bookmark the random kingdom page to keep settings.

Should you be interested in doing the translations, here are the language files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/po7rm0
It's also fine if you just do a partial translation. Just send the translated files back to me.
(In the files, only translate the things in quotes)
Dominion Kingdom Randomizer - simple randomizer with plenty of options.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:29:54 pm »

Android has Dominion Shuffle (which is free, yes):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.spellenclubeindhoven.dominionshuffle

Checking my app, I can choose "Nederlands" as a language, which according to Google Translate is Dutch for Dutch.  I checked because you can also choose "Deutsch" (among many others) which looks like "Dutch" except I remembered that it was German for German. :)

Synthesizer

• Bishop
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:25:58 am »

qbba, I sent you a PM.

eHalcyon, yep, Nederlands <--> Dutch; Deutsch <--> German. Yes, it is confusing; must have been a cock-up in Medieval times that was never fixed. Thanks for the tip on the app.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 20 queries.