Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: The thread where the current topic always gets derailed  (Read 32253 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
The thread where the current topic always gets derailed
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:32 am »

I am now starting a movement to call the Vanilla Village the Vanillage.  Who's with me?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:24:52 am by sudgy »
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: The Vanillage.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:02:03 am »
+4

I am now starting a movement to call the Vanilla Village the Vanillage.  Who's with me?

Which one? Worker's Village?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:08:11 am »

The original one, it's called the Vanilla Village sometimes, because it's the first.

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 02:51:44 am »
+2

The original one, it's called the Vanilla Village sometimes, because it's the first.

I don't understand. Why should Plaza be called Vanillage?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:53:12 am »

?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 03:07:48 am »
+2

If it doesn't have to be Vanillage (can we make that term stick?)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 03:10:47 am »

If it doesn't have to be Vanillage (can we make that term stick?)

Holy crap.  I didn't even see that.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:42 am »
+4

I dislike it mainly because I find the figurative use of "vanilla" as "standard" or "generic" annoying. Vanilla is a distinct and unique flavor.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 07:27:16 am »
+1

Plaza has text instructions on it and therefore is not vanilla. Sudgy was talking about Bazaar.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 07:33:27 am »
+6

Plaza has text instructions on it and therefore is not vanilla. Sudgy was talking about Bazaar.

Oh! I thought he was talking about the most Vanilla Village of them all, Ruined Village.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:15 am »
+1

I dislike it mainly because I find the figurative use of "vanilla" as "standard" or "generic" annoying. Vanilla is a distinct and unique flavor.
But not a very strong flavor.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:49 am »
+1

Oh! I thought he was talking about the most Vanilla Village of them all, Ruined Village.
Don't be silly. How is that more vanilla than the village whose shattered remains we see on Ruined village. The one we call "Walled".

Of course, Sudgy isn't talking about that one. He's talking about the first village of them all. The one that came before all the others. The Native village.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:57:07 am by markusin »

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 08:10:23 am »
+3

Don't be silly. How is that more vanilla than the village whose shattered remains we see on Ruined village. The one we call "Walled".

Of course, Sudgy isn't talking about that one. He's talking about the first village of them all. The one that came before all the others. The Native village.
I thought he is talking about the farming village, the one that grow all those vanilla.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 08:16:46 am »
+6

But not a very strong flavor.

You need to get better vanilla.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 08:29:19 am »
+5

ah but in the world of ice cream and yogurt, vanilla provides the foundation or "base" as some might say for creating more flavors. So when you want to make fish flavored ice cream, you add fish to vanilla ice cream, just like adding fish to village turns it orange, gives it coins and takes away its cards...

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 08:54:55 am »

ah but in the world of ice cream and yogurt, vanilla provides the foundation or "base" as some might say for creating more flavors. So when you want to make fish flavored ice cream, you add fish to vanilla ice cream, just like adding fish to village turns it orange, gives it coins and takes away its cards...

Does fish ice cream really use vanilla ice cream as its base?  I'd imagine they'd use plain ice cream or something more savory.

Also, since when does flavored yogurt begin with vanilla yogurt as a base?  Maybe I'm just out of the loop since I haven't consumed animal products in many years, but that is certainly not the trend among coconut yogurt and almond yogurt.
Well you *do* need a signature...

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:37 am »
+1

Does fish ice cream really use vanilla ice cream as its base?  I'd imagine they'd use plain ice cream or something more savory.

Also, since when does flavored yogurt begin with vanilla yogurt as a base?  Maybe I'm just out of the loop since I haven't consumed animal products in many years, but that is certainly not the trend among coconut yogurt and almond yogurt.
I'm no expert on fish ice cream or yogurt, but I know that you do usually add vanilla to ice cream even if you aren't making vanilla, I believe even chocolate will have some vanilla in it, but I'm not positive. And I suppose with yogurt plain yogurt is a more common base than plain ice cream, so I apologize, that's probably wrong. and I've never had coconut yogurt or almond yogurt... sounds interesting

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 12:00:43 pm »

I thought he is talking about the farming village, the one that grow all those vanilla.

No no no, we've got to go all the way back to base. The vanilla ice cream at the Festival, right?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 12:33:51 pm »
+5

That would be quite bazaar if he had meant that.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 01:08:35 pm »
+5

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 03:39:25 pm »
+2

That's fair.
A man has no signature

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »
+1

That's fair.

Ugh, I am not going to be party to this conversation.
Well you *do* need a signature...

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 06:05:49 pm »

But almond ice cream and coconut ice cream do tend to have vanilla flavouring added. Never tried the yogurt's though

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »
+2

Yogurt usually doesn't have vanilla unless it is actually vanilla-flavored. Yogurt already has a lot of flavor without any other help. Cream without flavor mostly just tastes like bad decisions.
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »

Yeah, I was wrong about yogurt. but most ice cream does have vanilla in it I'm pretty sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 2.865 seconds with 21 queries.