Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Black Market and Stash available  (Read 13667 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Black Market and Stash available
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 02:40:47 pm »
+1

Can someone give me a quick guide on the best way to grind to Black Market? I have no idea what I'm doing in these adventures.

The most entertaining adventures are Dark Ages, Cornucopia, and Guilds. They need the fewest zaps. Intrigue might be fixed, too.

Seaside, Prosperity, and Hinterlands are Zap Hell. Hinterlands is arguably the worst due to Noble Brigand.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 02:54:17 pm »
+1

Additionally Dark Ages gives most VPs.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:45 pm »
+1

Can someone give me a quick guide on the best way to grind to Black Market? I have no idea what I'm doing in these adventures.

If you've played a bunch of other games and have a ton of gokoins, buy a bunch of zaps and spend like 10 per level to just easy mode your way through.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 05:17:58 pm »
+2

If you've played a bunch of other games and have a ton of gokoins, buy a bunch of zaps and spend like 10 per level to just easy mode your way through.

This.  I won't claim to "play " the adventures so much as "start every adventure with a deck full of silver.". Much less time spent on tedious bullshit that way.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 07:00:45 pm »

The most entertaining adventures are Dark Ages, Cornucopia, and Guilds. They need the fewest zaps. Intrigue might be fixed, too.

Seaside, Prosperity, and Hinterlands are Zap Hell. Hinterlands is arguably the worst due to Noble Brigand.
???
Guilds isn't out yet...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 07:04:00 pm »
+1

hi guys just read a message from the goko staff in chat that in about one hour we will be able to buy the remaining promos for 100 VP each.
the question is will there be enough adventures to reach all 5 promos? ;)

No! Now I have to play with Black Market again... :(
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »

???
Guilds isn't out yet...

Shoot, I meant Alchemy. Thanks for catching that!

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »

Hinterlands is pretty bad because of the zaps. Sometimes however it is actually better to leave 5 curses in your starting deck!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 09:36:14 pm »

To get 100 VP shield tokens, you will need to win two large expansions. I personally recommend Prosperity because it has a lot of easy kingdoms and either base or Intrigue because you don't need to use as many zaps on them. Essentially, you need to purchase some zaps with the coins you win from playing games against other players. Use the zaps to equalize your hands, or if you don't care and have plenty of coins to spend, zap everything until your starting hand is nothing but silver.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 02:24:45 am »

For me Dark Ages was by far the easiest adventure since those shelters are not hurting that much and the AI couldn't really master the DA complexities. Maybe they've improved the bots by now, but back then Dark Ages was like a walk in the park more or less.

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 02:58:41 am »
+2

No! Now I have to play with Black Market again... :(

So much hate for this card. For me it's a love hate relationship. I do like it enough to play the adventures, and that's saying something!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 07:33:33 am »
+3

https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/how_can_one_get_all_promo_cards

Perhaps we can blow up this thread? I have an exceedingly strong desire to get four of these promo cards (no love for Black Market here, folks) and as of right now there apparently is no way to get them. I'm also going to beg them to give us some way to get them other than slogging through the adventures.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:11 am »
+1

Black Market finally got me to play some Adventures. I amassed 80 VP by wasting 4 hours and 1.5 flasks of zaps on Dark Ages, so I need 20 more. What's the fastest way of getting them? I don't care about difficulty as I just max zap everything (I have enough coins for like 13 more flasks lol).

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 12:53:46 pm »
+2

Black Market finally got me to play some Adventures. I amassed 80 VP by wasting 4 hours and 1.5 flasks of zaps on Dark Ages, so I need 20 more. What's the fastest way of getting them? I don't care about difficulty as I just max zap everything (I have enough coins for like 13 more flasks lol).

It doesn't matter really. You will only get 12 VP by defeating the first level of any adventure or mini-adventure like Alchemy and Cornucopia. Play whatever expansion is your favorite. However, Seaside, Intrigue, and Hinterlands, all have a huge starting hand problem when you make it to the second stage.

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2013, 07:40:14 pm »
+1

I think Goko needs to get a PR person. There has been no word from them about how to get enough points to buy all the Promo cards. I slogged through all the adventures early and bought all 3 Promo cards. I'm now feeling a little put out because I can't get the other two and, given the choice of three out of five, I wouldn't have chosen the exact three I now have.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2013, 08:39:54 pm »
+1

How has Goko chosen to implement the setup for Black Market?

Edit:  sorry, wrong tense.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:43:44 am by SirPeebles »
Well you *do* need a signature...

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 01:39:24 pm »
+7

https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/how_can_one_get_all_promo_cards

Perhaps we can blow up this thread? I have an exceedingly strong desire to get four of these promo cards (no love for Black Market here, folks) and as of right now there apparently is no way to get them. I'm also going to beg them to give us some way to get them other than slogging through the adventures.

Well, they added the option to buy Black Market and Stash, but not any of the other promo cards, and for $1 apiece (and you can't buy less than $4 in Gokoins).

At this point, it's tremendously obvious that whoever is making decisions at Goko doesn't have a lot of mental horsepower. When we expose a problem, they solve the problem extremely specifically, without any foresight into what other problems they could solve in the process or what additional problems their solution could create.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

I had 10 Gokoins left so I bought BM instead of collecting the last 6VP I needed. It showed up only once in the dozens of games I played today, and of course the first card my opponent gets out of it is Rebuild, and the second Wharf...

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2013, 01:47:42 pm »

At this point, it's tremendously obvious that whoever is making decisions at Goko doesn't have a lot of mental horsepower. When we expose a problem, they solve the problem extremely specifically, without any foresight into what other problems they could solve in the process or what additional problems their solution could create.
You could substitute the name of my company for "Goko" in this paragraph and everything you're saying would still be true.  I wonder if it's more the current state of the software-as-a-service business rather than Goko specifically.  Not that this excuses Goko.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2013, 01:51:34 pm »

I had 10 Gokoins left so I bought BM instead of collecting the last 6VP I needed. It showed up only once in the dozens of games I played today, and of course the first card my opponent gets out of it is Rebuild, and the second Wharf...
But hey, I revealed Council Room, Fool's Gold, Scout in between those buys!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2013, 01:54:16 pm »
+1

Is a single Rebuild really that effective?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2013, 02:01:42 pm »
+1

Is a single Rebuild really that effective?

It is.

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +344
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »

This is taking forever, but I'm so close to Black Market!  I would feel even worse if I gave up at this point and spent that $1.00 for it. 

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 12:21:35 pm »
+4

This is taking forever, but I'm so close to Black Market!  I would feel even worse if I gave up at this point and spent that $1.00 for it.

If you care about getting the other promos, I'd spend those VP on them. At least you CAN straight-up buy Black Market.

Krarks_pinky

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2013, 06:31:38 pm »

Yay, just had a fairgrounds-black market game, with potion, and colonies, and shelters, and ruins... Got my fairgrounds to 10 points, fun game   8)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.