Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Attack on Titan  (Read 1493 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Attack on Titan
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:25:07 pm »

Has anybody watched the anime or read the manga?  I started recently and have caught up.  I like it.

Plot summary for prospective watchers/readers:

100 years ago, giant creatures (generally ranging up to ~15m tall) known as "Titans" appeared and wiped out most of humanity.  They appear to be mindless creatures with the sole purpose of devouring people, and they have regenerative capabilities that render conventional weaponry ineffective.

The surviving humans somehow built 50m high walls to create just one (large-ish country-sized?) territory that was safe from Titan invasion.  There are actually 3 walls in concentric circles, with the poorest people living in the outer ring of course.

The story mainly follows a trio (and their peers) as humans continue to unravel the mystery of the titans.

As the series begins, an enormous titan taller than 50m appears and kicks a whole in the outer wall, allowing other titans to invade and just wreck things everywhere.  Tragedy strikes the main characters.  Fast forward a few years and they have trained to become titan-killing soldiers.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Attack on Titan
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:35:15 pm »

I read the manga a couple of years ago and have been following it since.  The anime seems like a good adaptation so far.  It's a great series, but it's kind of hard to judge it all the way since we still don't know all the facts.  I'm enjoying the ride. 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:32 pm »

Have you kept up to date on the manga?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 08:56:49 pm »

Yes.  I'll admit, sometimes it is hard to remember which character is which, especially since the chapters get released so infrequently and there are occasionally entire chapters that are flashbacks, but I am really excited for Eren to enter the Titans' territory.  My favorite moment in the whole series so far has been when the monkey titan started talking.  That was an OH SNAP moment.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.