Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Heavy trashing with terminal actions and no +buy  (Read 775 times)

SpankyTheElf

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Heavy trashing with terminal actions and no +buy
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:31:09 am »
+4

I played a game over the weekend that was unlike any one I had played before.  Played in person, so no log.

Supply: Mine, Saboteur, Lookout, Cutpurse, Outpost, Vineyard, Watchtower, Forge, Fortune Teller, Remake
No Colony/Platinum

Seeing the only +action was Lookout, I thought of the supply as "all terminals".  Given the 2-3-4-5-6-7-8 run of costs, I figured going for Remake would be the way to go.  I picked up a Lookout early to help trash Coppers and as fuel for Remake and set out to start running my cards up: Estate->Watchtower->Remake->Saboteur/Mine->Gold->Forge->Province.  I also used the Mines to help my treasure make the quick jump up the cost ladder.  I figured once I got a Forge, I could also use that to combine my lower stuff and skip the wait.

My opponent got an early Saboteur, but, other than that, we went for the same strategy.  The Saboteur kept setting me back ("one step forward, two steps back" kind of deal), but I focused hard enough on Remakes that I was able to keep up.  She kept a Lookout or two too long in her deck and had to trash something she didn't want, so that helped me out as well.

I ended the game by Forging a Province into the last Province.  The Estates and the Remakes ran out (Estates for fuel, Remakes to turn them) and all the other piles were around 3-5 left.  Nobody bought a Vineyard.  Our trash pile looked like the dream Gardens hand.

I ended up winning 25 to 16.  My ending deck was Forge, Remake, 4 Provinces, and one Estate.  The game was a blast.  Usually, my opponent likes going for huge decks with tons of actions, but she realized that wasn't a possibility.  It was definitely a fun and different experience with Dominion.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy trashing with terminal actions and no +buy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:40:38 am »

nice game =) i like how you illustrated it with a pickture ^^
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.097 seconds with 21 queries.