Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Least Ignorable Card  (Read 14309 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: Least Ignorable Card
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 10:11:04 pm »

If i discard down to three, keep a curse, play Masq and draw another Curse, shit.

Pass one Curse, trash the other. :P

By "trash the other" you mean the Curse passed to the Masquerade player, i guess?

I'm talking about Masquerade/Discard attacks too much here, anyhow. My actual point about Masquerade was this: Often the card is associated with Masquerade/Discard, or even the infamous KC/KC/Goons/Masq pin. And nobody denies that those pins, even incomplete ones, are strong. But usually a component of that pin is lacking. Usually Masquerade will just be Masquerade, which means "+2Cards, remove one or two cards from your deck, gain a Silver if you are lucky". It's strong, sure. But Rebuild is stronger. It needs nothing to rely on (except starting Estates help it), it isn't harmed by most attacks, opponents can't guard against it, and - what may be worst - it doesn't even take a lot of skill to use it. Both are not ignorable on most boards. But on a Rebuild/Masquerade board, i'd ignore Masquerade for Rebuild.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »

If i discard down to three, keep a curse, play Masq and draw another Curse, shit.

By "trash the other" you mean the Curse passed to the Masquerade player, i guess?

Just referring to the specific situation you mentioned.  You play Militia, I discard down to 3, keeping a curse.  On my turn I play Masq and draw another Curse.  You considered this a bad situation?  To which I say, I pass one of the two Curses in my hand (receiving some random card from you) and then trash the second.  No problem.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 10:34:39 pm »
+1

Just referring to the specific situation you mentioned.  You play Militia, I discard down to 3, keeping a curse.  On my turn I play Masq and draw another Curse.  You considered this a bad situation?  To which I say, I pass one of the two Curses in my hand (receiving some random card from you) and then trash the second.  No problem.

I believe the situation Asper was referring to was where what you call "some random card" is also a Curse.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2013, 11:22:13 pm »

Thank you, AJD. It was an ironical statement to point out that besides keeping and drawing a curse you can also get one passed, yourself. I fail at irony, damn you, internet!

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2013, 02:41:24 am »
+6

I keep reading this thread title as "Least Ignoble Card."  Which is, of course, Nobles.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2013, 03:03:33 am »

I keep reading this thread title as "Least Ignoble Card."  Which is, of course, Nobles.
Oddly enough Nobles is quite high on the stats list I linked to earlier.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.436 seconds with 20 queries.