Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Goko vs TrueSkill  (Read 11734 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Goko vs TrueSkill
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 07:57:01 am »

But if it's just a thing you did at the end, then... first of all, this would effectively make the change of enlarging beta, as I had suggested. And we get this: Stef over Mic Q, expectation is 54.37%. Stef over #100 guy, expectation is 74.84%. These are at least both plausible enough that I would actually want to look at data before really proclaiming they're wrong, but I do have my suspicions that just any normal curve is going to have the problem of too steep 'shoulders'.

Yup, just a change at the end. The live leaderboard doesn't do any similar nonsense.

Those numbers make a lot more sense.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:08:05 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Wolphmaniac

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: DividedSpy
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 01:37:22 pm »
+3

Just stopped in to say that this is some hardcore shit right here.  I had no idea that I have been playing against so many math wizards.  Keep up the great work and thanks for the isotropish ratings, I like them.

~Scheme From The Bottom

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 08:22:06 pm »

Do you have the ability to create a separate ranking for each player when going first and when going second?

Obviously going first and second evens out after a certain number of games, so there's no reason to take that into account in the ranking formula, but it would be an interesting measure of first player advantage.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

Do you have the ability to create a separate ranking for each player when going first and when going second?

Obviously going first and second evens out after a certain number of games, so there's no reason to take that into account in the ranking formula, but it would be an interesting measure of first player advantage.

I haven't been parsing this out, but I am now (it was maybe 4 extra lines of code).  So I'll have data on it as it collects or when I get around to reparsing it out of the old games.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.331 seconds with 20 queries.