Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How do i go about getting a custom avatar on Goko?  (Read 1462 times)

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
How do i go about getting a custom avatar on Goko?
« on: July 11, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »

Hello to anyone who is reading this.  I am not too computer sauvy and was wondering if anyone knows how to get an avatar for Goko other than the ones they let you choose from.  I have images of cards I would like to use as my avatar but I dont understand how to convert them to PNG files.  All the images I have are jpeg or something else.  So if anyone could give some helpful advice on how to do that or how they were able to find their avatars it would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Microman   

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
Re: How do i go about getting a custom avatar on Goko?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 06:16:42 pm »
+1

Assuming you use Windows:
Open the image with paint.
Click "Save as" and select png as format.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:22:02 pm »
+1

Hello to anyone who is reading this.  I am not too computer sauvy and was wondering if anyone knows how to get an avatar for Goko other than the ones they let you choose from.  I have images of cards I would like to use as my avatar but I dont understand how to convert them to PNG files.  All the images I have are jpeg or something else.  So if anyone could give some helpful advice on how to do that or how they were able to find their avatars it would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Microman

By the way, Goko doesn't yet support using avatars other than their default ones; that's done through a fan-made browser extension which you can find at http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8163.0 . But it's not official in any manner.

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:25 pm »

Assuming you use Windows:
Open the image with paint.
Click "Save as" and select png as format.
Thank you Watno that worked, however when I go to select my image it says avatar saved but doesnt change the old avatar.
So, let me know if there is something I am missing.  I also do not understand the transparency up to 20KB or if the image has to fit certain dimensions.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.