Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Merchant Guild and Herald" is the Answer  (Read 960 times)

dudeabides

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: dudeabides
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
"Merchant Guild and Herald" is the Answer
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:10:14 pm »
+1

In pre-game chat with Warrior, he said "Another interesting board," to which I replied "I know where I want to go, but I don't know how to get there.  I want 6 Colonies to your 2."

Supply: Lookout, Urchin, Feast, Herald, Noble Brigand, Graverobber, Merchant Guild, Rebuild, Altar, Hoard, Colony

Log here: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130709/log.506b5cfc0cf21d2313f966fe.1373417145396.txt

Given Colonies and Shelters, Rebuild seemed too slow here.  With Altar/Mercenary for trashing, big money seemed okay, but boring.  With no Villages or reliable draws, the engine seemed difficult, but challenging.  Herald with Urchin support provided the solution to the draw and the +Actions problem, and Merchant Guilds provided the $ and buys for a mega-turn.  As you may have guessed, I got the 6 Colonies I wanted.
jsh357: the dude doesn't need to explain himself

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: "Merchant Guild and Herald" is the Answer
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

Do you think that an opening Lookout would be better at trashing? There's no doubt that a Mercenary later on would be useful (since it lets you load up on extra Coppers), but I think that opening with a Lookout and then trashing it later with Altar would be ever so slightly faster.

I have no doubt that the engine is the clear winner here, but looking at the Rebuild side of things, I would think that a Hoard-Rebuild hybrid might be much better than a pure Rebuild strategy for a Colony game.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:23:20 am by dondon151 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.373 seconds with 21 queries.