Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Fixing Dominion  (Read 29445 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing Dominion
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2013, 02:07:27 pm »
+6

Might be the best scout fix i ever saw posted.

Are you saying that he out-posted all the other Scout fixes?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

I don't care about that. There's clearly a reason why people buy Chancellor or Scavenger at all.

Sure, it's to accelerate the improvement of their decks. Chancellor and Scavenger are great with stacks of non-terminals like Lab and Market, but I'd hardly call them "key cards".

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »

Chancellor is kind of like Woodcutter, in that it's been already fixed. That's why DXV printed Nomad Camp and Scavenger.

Eh, Scavenger isn't really a fixed Chancellor. Scavenger's relationship to Chancellor is like Scrying Pool's relationship to Spy: it does the thing, yeah, but it's not really what the card is for.

What is each card for?

I think they do both perform similar functions, with Scavenger performing them better.  If the purpose is to play a key card more often, Scavenger certainly does it better by putting that card right on top of the deck.  If the purpose is increased cycling/reshuffling, Scavenger does it pretty much just as well as Chancellor with a bonus of topdecking a good card.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2013, 03:40:54 pm »

You know what, I considered that. That possibly can be a plus at times. See, Scout should still kinda suck, maybe even Chancellor Suck, but it doesn't have to Scout suck.

B-...b-but i-i like Chancellor...  :'(
I like Chancellor too! It's just, gosh that lucky Chancellor is elusive. Very elusive. And Scavenger isn't all it's hyped up to be either. It's hard to topdeck cards for use mid turn, and the top decking doesn't change the fact that it's not a card you want for every deck. It can be good for IGG rushes or Duchy slogs or something, but it gets in the way when you're trying to trim your deck with terminal trashers. The top-decking effect can even work against you when you only have weak cards in the discard (say due to use of sifters) and don't want to use the discard effect.

Wrclass

• Young Witch
  • Dominion is the best game ever
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:38 am »
+1

I'm perfectly happy with Dominion the way it is. It has some faults, like the KC-Goons-Masquerade pin, but those things make the game more interesting. Even scout is great when you play on a board that has six alternate VP cards, not counting colony. Thief has already been fixed by Noble Brigand and Golem/Counting House Combos are one of my favorite things about Dominion. So every card has its place, just some show up there more than others.
I play Lookout, revealing a Fortress, a Tunnel and a Gold.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »

I'm perfectly happy with Dominion the way it is. It has some faults, like the KC-Goons-Masquerade pin, but those things make the game more interesting. Even scout is great when you play on a board that has six alternate VP cards, not counting colony. Thief has already been fixed by Noble Brigand and Golem/Counting House Combos are one of my favorite things about Dominion. So every card has its place, just some show up there more than others.

Even thief is great when you play on a board that has six alternate treasure cards, not counting platinum. ;)

Wrclass

• Young Witch
  • Dominion is the best game ever
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 05:38:47 pm »

Even thief is great when you play on a board that has six alternate treasure cards, not counting platinum. ;)

In that case thief is better than Noble Brigand
I play Lookout, revealing a Fortress, a Tunnel and a Gold.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 1.381 seconds with 20 queries.