Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Informed Majority  (Read 3398 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Informed Majority
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 09:13:27 pm »

Probably not, considering a general lack of interest.

Your interest, or others' interest?

If it's fairly quick, I am sure you will get signups quickly. StP filled in an evening or so.

Agreed.  Even a two-week game should fill.  StP had/has the advantage of being a one-day thing.  I still think your game would fill, though.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 11:32:37 pm »

Well, alright. I guess I'll open signups in a separate thread at some point.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 07:07:02 am »

Been thinking about this some.  Here's an idea I came up with, I'll call it "Come From Behind Mafia" inspired a bit by Innovation, Inc.
So, as in other cases you have 5 players, 3 scum, 2 town.
-The 2 town players are secret (1-shot) double-voting, doctor-vigilantes.
-The 3 scum are secret (1-shot) *double-voting mafia goons, with daychat, with a special rule (*) on their secret vote that it cannot be on the same target as their actual vote.
-Secret votes are cast by PM, and are included in vote counts, but not who cast it.
-Simple majority of the maximum votes on a player are needed to lynch...so that's 4 day1 (7 vote max on any given player), and could be something different on later days depending on how things play out.

Otherwise this runs as per normal mafia rules.

At a basic level, if town can recognize their fellow member, then they can lynch scum, and protect each other at night while killing the remaining 2 scum.  If they vote for their fellow townie, scum can quick-hammer and win.  Scum can pretend to have double-voting powers by coordinating secret votes, but they cannot lynch town unless the townie helps.

There are a variety of situations that could come up depending on what combination of lynch/no-lynch and night kills happens. 

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 01:07:02 pm »

Been thinking about this some.  Here's an idea I came up with, I'll call it "Come From Behind Mafia" inspired a bit by Innovation, Inc.
So, as in other cases you have 5 players, 3 scum, 2 town.
-The 2 town players are secret (1-shot) double-voting, doctor-vigilantes.
-The 3 scum are secret (1-shot) *double-voting mafia goons, with daychat, with a special rule (*) on their secret vote that it cannot be on the same target as their actual vote.
-Secret votes are cast by PM, and are included in vote counts, but not who cast it.
-Simple majority of the maximum votes on a player are needed to lynch...so that's 4 day1 (7 vote max on any given player), and could be something different on later days depending on how things play out.

Otherwise this runs as per normal mafia rules.

At a basic level, if town can recognize their fellow member, then they can lynch scum, and protect each other at night while killing the remaining 2 scum.  If they vote for their fellow townie, scum can quick-hammer and win.  Scum can pretend to have double-voting powers by coordinating secret votes, but they cannot lynch town unless the townie helps.

There are a variety of situations that could come up depending on what combination of lynch/no-lynch and night kills happens.

Seems like this one's likely to be a quick one as the first night should effectively decide the game.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 08:37:59 am »

Seems like this one's likely to be a quick one as the first night should effectively decide the game.

Yeah, it's essentially in the same vein as the Save the Princess game.  Although there are a couple possibilities where day2 would matter.
i.e. players T1, T2, M1, M2, M3.  Suppose M3 is lynched day1.
Then T1 protects T2, T2 protects M1, and T1/T2 both shoot M2, while M2 shoots T2.

Then day2 would be T1, T2, M1 alive, and the two townies need to decide to lynch M1 to win.

This might be grossly weighted towards scum...I haven't worked out any probabilities.  I just like that it's closer to a straight mafia game with power roles :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.