Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Can you beat the lucky Chancellor? (Part 2)  (Read 14952 times)

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Re: Can you beat the lucky Chancellor? (Part 2)
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 09:50:41 am »

What I was really curious about, was is it possible to use Pillage (maybe CR + 2x Pillage) to indefinitely delay the chancellor if they don't have moat.  I'm not sure if that can be set up.
A man on a mission.

jomini

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +768
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 01:19:26 pm »

What I was really curious about, was is it possible to use Pillage (maybe CR + 2x Pillage) to indefinitely delay the chancellor if they don't have moat.  I'm not sure if that can be set up.

Well take my opening when you have EEBomChapSqr you can go Bom(Prssn) -> Chap (trash all, gain Wt, gain Pillage).

Now regenerating the Pillage requires us to go (Bom (Prssn) -> Fort (gain Bom) -> Pillage (gain spoils) -> Wt -> Bom (Squire: +2b). This lets us buy a Squire and a Pillage.

Next turn you have BomBomPillageSqrFortWt so you can chain gain all the Bom and Bom(Prssn) -> Sqr (+4b, gain Pillage) -> Pillage (trash the Spoils): Buy a Sqr

Alternatively, you could Stone mason a Peddler and it takes forever to run out of Peddlers.

Trash diving should should be able to play the Pillage until the cows come home. (e.g. use my opening, when you first Prssn the Fort, gain a Graverobber).

The big problem with Pillage is that it costs 5 and generates 6 cash while taking up 3 card slots. That just isn't anywhere near the payout of Goons or Kc/Brg. Now with Pillage, I could skip Urchin, but the slots are very dear here, and not having to make sure to play Pillage & the generate Goons is nice.

I'm quite impressed that your solution using only 7 slots as Black Market could give you both a Bane and a Baker coin is really good. It took me a lot of false starts to work this out with 8 slots.

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

Only one Pillage is really necessary. The first one to succeed will knock out the Chancellor, forcing the lucky chancellor to go through his entire province-packed deck in order to find it again. Not much fun for the chancellor, is it?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 05:11:21 pm »

Only one Pillage is really necessary. The first one to succeed will knock out the Chancellor, forcing the lucky chancellor to go through his entire province-packed deck in order to find it again. Not much fun for the chancellor, is it?

You're forgetting the rules about the lucky chancellor. If you play a minion he will discard five bad cards and draw his best four. Anything that can go right for him will do so.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.501 seconds with 21 queries.