Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Has anyone ever played Dominion in a dream?  (Read 2246 times)

jackelfrink

Has anyone ever played Dominion in a dream?
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:14 am »
+1

Do you dream Dominion? Have you ever spotted a combo in a dream that worked in real life?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever played Dominion in a dream?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 10:38:22 am »
+3

Not played, but as i am at the time programming a Dominion Randomizer (awesome thing ;)), i had dreams about card types in all their possible combinations, like Curse/Duration/Reaction and so on... I originally only wanted to program graphics for the most frequent ones, but then i thought "What if somebody wants to actually make that combination?" (The creator allows adding fan cards to the mix). And so i ended up creating a graphical interface for everything, even things like Curse/Victory/Duration, that don't make sense at all... At the night i dreamt about cards in all colors, types shifting from one to another, making place, erasing action types (because if duration or Reaction is a type, action stops being visible color-wise), cards in seven colors that look like rainbows... It was like a drug trip (or so i guess).

It was more of a computer science dream, but pretty dominion related.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:13:51 pm »

Several times in the past I've played Dominion in dreams.  I remember once spotting an interesting interaction, then waking up and thinking about it and realizing it would probably be very weak in an actual game.  I can't remember what it was though.  I've also come up with ideas for fan cards in dreams (in general I've come up with several ideas for board game mechanics in dreams), though usually they end up not so great.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:24:02 pm »
+3

Yeah, I saw a dream about Dark Ages being on Isotropic two days before it was actually accidentally leaked there for a while. Not linking to the post I originally wrote about this, since it was much more profane than I would like now, I was just that amazed then.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:25:56 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Wrclass

• Young Witch
  • Dominion is the best game ever
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:52 pm »

I haven't.
I play Lookout, revealing a Fortress, a Tunnel and a Gold.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

I had a dream there was a stack of 4$ victory cards.  They all had different names, representing places in the world.  I think you wanted to collect certain sets of them for extra VP.

I think they were spread out so you could choose the order to buy them.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »
+3

I had a dream there was a stack of 4$ victory cards.  They all had different names, representing places in the world.  I think you wanted to collect certain sets of them for extra VP.

I think they were spread out so you could choose the order to buy them.

Could you put hotels on them if you completed a set?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:26 pm »
+2

Once, after having a bit too much to drink, I made one of my friends play Dominion with me - verbally.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 10:32:47 pm »

Cant find it, but this one guy posted a thread on his elaborate dream on next Dominion expansion (sometime in past 12 months, i believe?).

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 11:00:50 pm »

Cant find it, but this one guy posted a thread on his elaborate dream on next Dominion expansion (sometime in past 12 months, i believe?).
Jumping way over the gun...

I had a (very detailed) dream last night where I was playing Dominion - with the Guilds expansion that doesn't come out until next year. If my dream is true then I have a scoop for everyone.

Here is how the Guild expansion will work:

There is a new card called "guild" (cost $5, action). When you play Guild you get a new junior apprentice. There are a number of different types of apprentice, and a random set are chosen for each game where guild is in play.

Apprentice cards are very weak (ie +1 card +1 action, or +2$, or +1$ +1 buy, ect) - basically what you would think of as a $1 or $1.5 card.

Every time you play a junior apprentice it goes back to the suppy and you choose a senior apprentice to replace him (of the same type - ie +1 card +1 action turns into +1 card +2 actions, or +2$ turns into +$2 +1 buy, etc) and he new card goes in you discard.

When you play the junior apprentice it goes back to the supply and you gain in your discard a journeyman apprentice who is more powerful still.

Then a master apprentice then a full journeyman then a full master.

Since the cards go back to the supply and are only played once each you don't need very many of each type.

It adds a ton of variety to a game and allows for both very powerful cards ( the only way to get a master is to buy a guild, play the guild, play the ja, sa, ja, ma, and fj - 7 times through your deck!), and completely new strategies.

Sorry Donald for giving away the surprise. I learned from Cassandra you shouldn't keep future dreams secret.

Feel free to discuss.  ;)

(true story about the dream - detail was incredible. Only things that were unclear were if guild was a treasure or action, and how many steps to get to master...)

Ed

Ed

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 12:50:14 am »
+2

I had a dream about Dominion just the other night. I played like all of the governors for draw and then a council room and then a militia. I was pretty pleased with myself. Apparently I'm a terrible person.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.831 seconds with 22 queries.