Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A True Jack-of-all-Trades  (Read 1098 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
A True Jack-of-all-Trades
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »

Just for the heck of it, though I suspect something like this has been done before:

Analysis Paralysis - Action - $6

Choose three of the following; your choices may be the same or different: +1 Card, +1 Action, +$1, +1 Buy, or trash one card from your hand.

----

So, this is essentially a Super Pawn.  It can act as a Lab, a Smithy, a Village, a Woodcutter, a Peddler, a Market Square, a Crossroads, a Silver, two of the Squire choices, or a terminal Gold.  As well as a few other combinations.  Obviously this is strictly better than Lab, and must cost at least $6.

Two questions:  Would the flexibility be worth it?  And would this cause boards to be degenerate?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: A True Jack-of-all-Trades
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »

I don't think this is too powerful at $6, since Lab sounds like the best combination. I do think it is too much choice. Maybe just Lab/Terminal Gold is enough for a decent $6 and creates way less AP.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:02:25 pm »

I made a card with the same name in the Bad card ideas thread, and I'm pretty sure it was more paralysing than this one.

I think that this would be painful to play with a lot of the time, especially since it doesn't have a "null" choice like Pawn's cantrip (although on some boards you'd probably default to it being a Lab or Treasury). As for cost, I suspect that the flexibility means it needs to be more than $6, or have a Grand Market restriction (which would be great for creating Analysis Paralysis *before* buying it too).

Edit:
Analysis Paralysis - $6
Action - Inaction
Reveal the top card of your deck. You may put it aside, discard it or trash it. If you discarded it, choose two of the following (choices must be different): +1 Card, or +1 Action, or +$1, or +1 Buy. If you trashed it, then for each coin in its cost choose one of the following: +1 Card, or +$1. If you set it aside, you may repeat this effect.

When you are done, discard all of the set aside cards.
--
At the start of your Clean-up, you may choose any card you have in play. When you discard it from play, you may put it on top or on the bottom of your draw pile, or you may trash it and draw one extra card at the end of your turn.
--
When you buy this, you main gain another copy of Analysis Paralysis, or any card costing less than this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:04:49 pm by ConMan »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 05:05:21 pm »

Nobles costs $6 and while the VP isn't worthless, this is so much more practical than Nobles during the game. I think it should cost at least $7.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.314 seconds with 21 queries.