Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Automatch development thread  (Read 11054 times)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
Re: Automatch development thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 01:55:28 am »
+2

All of these sound great. A Github pull request sounds fine, though I'm open to alternatives if there's a better way. This is my first github project.
I didn't have any alternatives in mind*, and just doing Github pull requests will probably be simplest if anyone else wants to fork and contribute (which more people should totally do, I mean the OP has more than 40 upvotes HINT HINT PEOPLE ;)). Pull request sent.

I've learned a little more about this sort of server-client communication, and it seems like Websockets may be more elegant solution than asynchronous delayed HTTP responses. Thoughts?
I have only looked into this communication stuff just enough to get a basic handle on Tornado and XMLHttpRequest, so I guess my thoughts would just be, sounds cool! I haven't done anything with Websockets yet, so learning about that could be a nice change of pace from trying to get the host to create the table :P

*I have come across some projects where the author preferred something else, like sending them the code directly instead of working through the github interface for whatever reason.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »
+4

I've merged automatch into my main github project: https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools

I've switched to using websockets for client-server communication and written a more extensible server framework. The code doesn't quite compile right now, as I've yet to implement serialization for seek requests.

Thanks to michaeljb for his contributions on the client JavaScript side!

Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 10:19:00 am »
+14

I've just released a more-or-less working version of automatch, but there's plenty of work left to be done on it. If anyone is interested in helping out, here's what I think it needs:

1. Porting to Chrome/Safari. I've only written it for GM in Firefox, and I don't know how to produce a Chrome extension.
2. Testing. If you can break it, I'll do my best to fix it. Please post the JavaScript console output along with a description of how to reproduce the bug.
3. UI work. The current UI has neither brains nor beauty.
4. Match requirements. I've implemented # of players, rating range, and # of card sets. What other features do we want? They're pretty easy to implement in Python... take a look in the "requirement" directory for examples.
5. AutoJoin. It's silly to wait around for another Automatch player if there's an open game that already meets your requirements. AutoJoin could consist of a handful of clients that sit in Coucil Room, Counting House, etc and report available games to the server, plus server code that sends the client to the appropriate room and joins a matching game when it appears.
6. Challenges. Most online game servers have a way of seeing who else is online and issuing a challenge directly. This shouldn't be hard to add to the automatch framework.

https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 11:12:14 am »
+11

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to put some more work into integrating this with the main extension, and/or port to Chrome/Safari.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 12:05:12 pm »
+2

I have just tested it with PitrPicko.

It works well! Moved us to Outpost created game and Pitrpicko automatically joined it.

Two problems:

1) It creates Pro game even if Casual is requested.
2) Game does not start after hitting "play", black screen appears instead of progress bar screen.
Sorry I accidentally closed javascript console. But there were no errors there. I think last message was about time, that took to automatch.

Firefox 22.0 from Linux Mint, all other extensions were disabled.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:06:39 pm by yed »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 12:40:24 pm »
+3

Feature request: a "Friend List" and a checkbox "prefer friends", which if checked matches you to someone on your list if you're also on his, given that you're both available. If multiple friends are present, match to the one with the highest rating. You might also want to include an ignore list, or at least make the script compatible with the ignore list in the chrome extension, as it would be silly to get matched to someone who ends up getting auto-kicked from your game.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 01:12:52 pm »
+1

2) Game does not start after hitting "play", black screen appears instead of progress bar screen.
I got black screen even if I create game manually and don't even click at "AUTOMATCH".

Console:
Connected to Automatch server as yed
In order to save your server/network resources you should consider not connecting to server until i click to "AUTOMATCH" link or "Join" button.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 01:18:21 pm »
+2

I got black screen even if I create game manually and don't even click at "AUTOMATCH".

Fixed in new version, please redownload the GM script.

Console:
Connected to Automatch server as yed
In order to save your server/network resources you should consider not connecting to server until i click to "AUTOMATCH" link or "Join" button.

I was wondering about this one. I know this has traditionally been an issue. Do you think it's still an issue with WebSockets? I believe there's only one TCP socket connection per client.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »

I was wondering about this one. I know this has traditionally been an issue. Do you think it's still an issue with WebSockets? I believe there's only one TCP socket connection per client.
I'm not that familiar with websocket, but if websocket connection is opened the whole time, there may be a problem with too many opened connections.

EDIT: Even with one connection per client, there might be some limit on your server.

EDIT2: For example Apache2 has default at 150 simultaneous client connections.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:51:53 pm by yed »

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »

Fixed in new version, please redownload the GM script.
Thanks. It works now.

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 06:19:57 pm »

Can we get this thread stickied please?  I'm lazy and don't like having to hunt for threads about these extensions and other Dominion tools.

If not no worries... just wanted to throw this out there.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 07:35:57 am »
+1

Can we get this thread stickied please?  I'm lazy and don't like having to hunt for threads about these extensions and other Dominion tools.

If not no worries... just wanted to throw this out there.

Actually, I'm just gonna lock it. Post about automatch in the Goko Salvager or Automatch Extension threads.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.