Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion - Leitmotif (Updated - 07/01/13)  (Read 9193 times)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion - Leitmotif (Updated - 07/01/13)
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 01:21:09 am »

Recreate seems VERY weak when compared to Upgrade.  Lose +1 Card / +1 Action and the loss of flexibility (ie. 5 --> Gold) for the top-decking and the $1 price reduction?

I'd say it needs at least a vanilla bonus -->  I'd try either +1 Action, or $1 / $2.  My guess is making it non-terminal should be a good start.
The problem (?) with making it non-terminal is that as long as you have a cantrip in hand, the top-decking is almost as good as the gaining in hand was on the old version.  (Although you do end up with 1 less card in hand.)  I put a question mark after "problem" in that sentence because maybe that's not a problem.  But it's something we've never seen before on a Dominion card, and I would assume that it's just because non-terminal flexible top-deck gaining is something that DXV found to be too powerful to ever work right.  Or maybe it was just such a specific thing that he never ended up making a card that did that.  I would think +$2 would be the better vanilla bonus though.  (I had suggested having the silver-gaining option to gain to hand, but I think just adding +$2 is actually better since it encourages gaining actions instead.)  Or, you could just playtest it both ways and see what happens.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion - Leitmotif (Updated - 07/01/13)
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:15 am »

The Silver gaining is the biggest problem with Recreate. Cards don't need to provide a backup to make copper trashing stronger. Keep the original sans silver gain and it'll probably be fine and more interesting as a usually wreak but situational mind blowing card, like Develop.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.