Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stonemason + Border Village = WIN  (Read 1800 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Stonemason + Border Village = WIN
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:03:45 am »

Seriously, this can net you 5 cards out of one buy.  Pick up a Journeyman with each BV, and you just bought an engine.  Later, you can pop open the BV and get two Duchies out of it, if you're running low on points.

In terms of general SM strategy, the overpay in general would seem to be excellent with Vineyards - every time you buy a SM, your Vineyards are each worth 1 point more.  Awesomeness.

SMs also seem to be great for transitional strategies.  In the game with BV/JM, I started off with an Advisor/Silver engine, with a Forager for some trashing.  Once I started getting $6-$8, I started pumping in the BVs and JMs, with a couple MGs.  At this point, Advisor became more of a liability (though it's very nice as an opener, and with BM), so I SM'd them into double Silvers.  So if your opening strategy is different form your late game strategy, SM is great for both getting you the later cards, and cleaning up the earlier cards.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Julle

• Bishop
  • Respect: +572
    • View Profile
Re: Stonemason + Border Village = WIN
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:14:55 am »
+2

In terms of general SM strategy, the overpay in general would seem to be excellent with Vineyards - every time you buy a SM, your Vineyards are each worth 1 point more.  Awesomeness
And later you can trash your other potion cards (except transmute) for two wineyards each!

platykurtic

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Re: Stonemason + Border Village = WIN
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:11 pm »

Seriously, this can net you 5 cards out of one buy.  Pick up a Journeyman with each BV, and you just bought an engine.  Later, you can pop open the BV and get two Duchies out of it, if you're running low on points.

In terms of general SM strategy, the overpay in general would seem to be excellent with Vineyards - every time you buy a SM, your Vineyards are each worth 1 point more.  Awesomeness.

SMs also seem to be great for transitional strategies.  In the game with BV/JM, I started off with an Advisor/Silver engine, with a Forager for some trashing.  Once I started getting $6-$8, I started pumping in the BVs and JMs, with a couple MGs.  At this point, Advisor became more of a liability (though it's very nice as an opener, and with BM), so I SM'd them into double Silvers.  So if your opening strategy is different form your late game strategy, SM is great for both getting you the later cards, and cleaning up the earlier cards.

You can see Stonemason and Vineyards in action here

10 point vineyards by the end. Border village would make this even more insane
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.