Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Aqueduct & Rental (& Nouveau Riche & Parliament) - and the rest  (Read 7311 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Aqueduct & Rental (& Nouveau Riche & Parliament) - and the rest
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:20 am »

How about this?  "You may choose an action from your hand with a cost less than $6.  Play it a number of times equal to the difference in coins between its cost and $6."

That's good. I'll use that, if the version turns out to work better than the case destinction. Didn't yet have a chance to playtest it enough, though.

Beware of Highway...

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »
+1

Parliament
4$, Action
You may choose an action card from your hand. Play it X times, with X being what the card costs less then 6$.

Balanced? It's capable of going crazy with cost reducers, but getting a Bridge/Village/Parliament or Highways/Parliament/Non-Highway engine working is hard enough to justify some reward. Also works with ruins, but other than as defense it means you have to actively go for them (and get the good ones).
Too capable of going crazy. Parliament/Parliament/Bridge/Bridge is equal to KC/KC/Bridge/Bridge, but at least KCs are hard to get.

Also, Ruins. Parliament/Ruined Library = +6 Cards, Parliament/Abandoned Mine = +$6, whereas Parliament/Ruined Market = +6 Buys. It would make Looters very swingy, because some of the Ruins become far more desirable than others.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:27:35 pm by Warfreak2 »
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 06:15:50 pm »

Parliament
4$, Action
You may choose an action card from your hand. Play it X times, with X being what the card costs less then 6$.

Balanced? It's capable of going crazy with cost reducers, but getting a Bridge/Village/Parliament or Highways/Parliament/Non-Highway engine working is hard enough to justify some reward. Also works with ruins, but other than as defense it means you have to actively go for them (and get the good ones).
Too capable of going crazy. Parliament/Parliament/Bridge/Bridge is equal to KC/KC/Bridge/Bridge, but at least KCs are hard to get.

Also, Ruins. Parliament/Ruined Library = +6 Cards, Parliament/Abandoned Mine = +$6, whereas Parliament/Ruined Market = +6 Buys. It would make Looters very swingy, because some of the Ruins become far more desirable than others.

What about a "written on" clause?

Parliament
4$, Action
You may chose an action card from your hand. If the price written on it is...
...4$: Play it twice.
...3$: Play it 3 times.
...2$ or less: Play it 4 times.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:17:53 pm by Asper »

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 06:28:53 pm »
+1

This appears reasonable! I think I'd go with $2 rather than "$2 or less", though, because that Ruins thing does seem like it would be a big deal - you would get the Abandoned Mine and have +$4, then you would give your opponent the Abandoned Market and be sad. There's also the "not in supply" cards to consider, those are $0... probably better not give four Curses at once with a Parliamented Followers, for example.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 07:07:10 pm »

This appears reasonable! I think I'd go with $2 rather than "$2 or less", though, because that Ruins thing does seem like it would be a big deal - you would get the Abandoned Mine and have +$4, then you would give your opponent the Abandoned Market and be sad. There's also the "not in supply" cards to consider, those are $0... probably better not give four Curses at once with a Parliamented Followers, for example.

(Readable thinking start)

I'd like it to work on Ruins, actually, as it is part of a set that uses Dark Ages, Prosperity and Guilds mechanics. But if i leave them out of consideration, you still have a very good point with the non-supply cards. I could make it say "2$, 1$ or 0$ (not 0$*)", but i guess leaving Ruins (and Poor House) out might just be more elegant and only affects some cards. Heck, older cards often don't cover some things and work fine, nonetheless. Allright, 2$ it is then.

(Readable thinking end)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.647 seconds with 21 queries.