Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hi folks  (Read 1287 times)

Katran

• Pawn
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Hi folks
« on: June 18, 2013, 05:06:14 am »
+4

Just joined although I've read the forums and articles for a while. I started playing Dominion last fall and ended up introducing it to one of my students after he tried to teach me Magic like this:

Him: OK, now that you won with both of us playing starter decks, you keep playing with that and I'll use my deck.
<5 minutes later>
Me: Yay, I'm winning!
Him: And now you have triggered my unbeatable death trap combo.
Me: Great.

After about 2 games like this, I introduced him to Dominion and he enjoyed it so much he brought friends. Meanwhile, my initial reservations about playing hard against students were gone and I just called every game a learning experience for them. ("And now you have learned that the Ambassador's gifts of copper should not be welcomed.") I also count it a minor success that my nerdlings are about half female while before I started playing with them, all the kids who played games after school were boys. And since they all think I'm doing them a favor by letting them hang out in my classroom, I make them clean things. Win!

But every now and then I like to play a game with adults. Recently started playing on Goko.

Anyway, hi.

Katran

• Pawn
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Hi folks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:45 am »
+1

Said nothing about myself. I'm a physics teacher in California. I'm not going to play Mafia here but I've been playing online (not at Mafiascum) for about 7 years. I also like folk music and rocks (geology). My favorite Dominion card is Vineyards because for better or worse, I end up hoarding actions.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:52:50 am »

Hi! California's nice. I like San Diego and LA.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:31:53 pm »
+2

Aw, now we can't suggest the forum games to you because you already rejected them...  :(
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 21 queries.