Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Goko store?  (Read 1848 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Goko store?
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:25:46 pm »

Looking for info on the current status or near-future plans for the store? Last I heard, to get the best deal possible you had to buy a specific set of individual sets plus combined packs. Is this still true? Does anyone know if, now that Guilds is out, they will be offering a "everything" pack that will give all the sets (for what should be actually the cheapest total price for buying all at once)?

Also, the current store layout makes no sense. The "Super Packs" and "Ultra Pack" are only found under certain tabs, and there's no tab to just show all options, or all "packs" or anything.

Anyway, seriously considering buying Guilds right now (I don't own anything yet), but don't want to do it if it would be cheaper to buy everything at once next week. Thanks!

*Edit* Just saw that the Ultra Pack has been updated to include Guilds. Never mind then... just need to calculate if that's cheaper than getting individual stuff.

Ok, so it looks like they've changed however it used to be; getting the packs is now always a better deal than getting individual sets. Interesting choice I have to make... I have 40 Gokoins from being part of the beta... enough to get Guilds without paying any money. Which is what I really want. But if I do that now, then if I decide to get all the sets later, I'll pay more total than if I get everything all at once.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:37:40 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
Re: Goko store?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:37:13 pm »

Looking for info on the current status or near-future plans for the store? Last I heard, to get the best deal possible you had to buy a specific set of individual sets plus combined packs. Is this still true? Does anyone know if, now that Guilds is out, they will be offering a "everything" pack that will give all the sets (for what should be actually the cheapest total price for buying all at once)?

Also, the current store layout makes no sense. The "Super Packs" and "Ultra Pack" are only found under certain tabs, and there's no tab to just show all options, or all "packs" or anything.

Anyway, seriously considering buying Guilds right now (I don't own anything yet), but don't want to do it if it would be cheaper to buy everything at once next week. Thanks!

*Edit* Just saw that the Ultra Pack has been updated to include Guilds. Never mind then... just need to calculate if that's cheaper than getting individual stuff.
Yeah, the ultra pack for $45 is the best because they decreased the price of super pack 1 and a few other things. I have everything and only paid $44 because I bought the other sets earlier :)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Goko store?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 06:33:56 am »

Here's breakdown of the prices.

The current options available on Goko:

Ultra pack (450) with everything.
Super pack 1 (200) comprising Intrigue (70), Seaside (70) and Prosperity (70).
Super pack 2 (140) comprising Alchemy (40), Cornucopia (40) and Hinterlands (70).
Dark Ages (110)
Guilds (40)

So all the bundles are genuine discounts and the cheapest way to get all the cards is the Ultra pack.  You can buy the 450 Gokoins for $45: it seems that as the same time as rationalising the Gokoin prices they've also reduced the bulk discount for buying Gokoins, so they now cost a flat 10 cents each.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.098 seconds with 21 queries.