Dominion > Tournaments and Events

Online Tournaments?

(1/2) > >>

Mister_C:
Hi There,

A group of friends and myself have recently discovered Dominion and a bunch of us have gotten into it pretty hard. We love playing and feel we are getting pretty good. We'd love to try and play in some tournies to see where we lie versus good, proven players. I checked out this message bored and it seems that tournaments were more common before the switch over to Goko. Do event still ever happen online? Are the organized by players or the website itself? How do you join/register?

Any Info is appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of live tournaments in the Toronto Area? I have a group of 4 - 6 players that might be interested in participating in one of these as well.

Thanks

C

Drab Emordnilap:
The biggest obstacle to doing tournaments on Goko is that not everyone owns all the cards, and unlike a live tournament, you can't provide or borrow sets as a tournament organizer.

jsh357:
If someone runs a tournament, people will probably enter.  Propose one if you're willing and interested.  Be aware that folks from all different regions in the world play Dominion and post here, so scheduling matches can take a lot of time.

soulnet:
Check the IsoDom subforum. There has been a Tournament on Goko ending recently, and there's supposed to be a second one soon. In the GokoDom FAQ there are links to other non-regular Tournaments organized by forum members, if you want to get ideas for organizing one.

hsiale:
If someone decides to do work needed to organize a tournament like GokoDom, I think there will be completely no problem with participants. And for everyday competitive Dominion I think it's best to try to climb the Pro ranking at Goko.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version