Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Online Tournaments?  (Read 2045 times)

Mister_C

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Online Tournaments?
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

Hi There,

A group of friends and myself have recently discovered Dominion and a bunch of us have gotten into it pretty hard. We love playing and feel we are getting pretty good. We'd love to try and play in some tournies to see where we lie versus good, proven players. I checked out this message bored and it seems that tournaments were more common before the switch over to Goko. Do event still ever happen online? Are the organized by players or the website itself? How do you join/register?

Any Info is appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of live tournaments in the Toronto Area? I have a group of 4 - 6 players that might be interested in participating in one of these as well.

Thanks

C

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: Online Tournaments?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:13:30 pm »

The biggest obstacle to doing tournaments on Goko is that not everyone owns all the cards, and unlike a live tournament, you can't provide or borrow sets as a tournament organizer.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »

If someone runs a tournament, people will probably enter.  Propose one if you're willing and interested.  Be aware that folks from all different regions in the world play Dominion and post here, so scheduling matches can take a lot of time.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:26:12 pm »

Check the IsoDom subforum. There has been a Tournament on Goko ending recently, and there's supposed to be a second one soon. In the GokoDom FAQ there are links to other non-regular Tournaments organized by forum members, if you want to get ideas for organizing one.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »

If someone decides to do work needed to organize a tournament like GokoDom, I think there will be completely no problem with participants. And for everyday competitive Dominion I think it's best to try to climb the Pro ranking at Goko.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 04:55:30 pm »

The one day tournaments that were run occasionally on Isotropic were good fun.  Most of that was because people turned up at a particular time ready to play some games.  So you could get a lot of the benefits of a tournament just setting up a time to get people together in Outpost and play as many games as possible.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:31:48 pm »
+4

This is definitely something I'd like to see implemented into Goko - 2-3 times a week, at some times announced before, a 4-5 rounds swiss tournament is ran, with let's say each win netting you one or two shields (so you can build towards promos in a more funny way than adventures). I guess this is not high on their priority list unfortunately
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.