Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 99028 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 2)
« Reply #775 on: July 03, 2013, 01:46:08 pm »

mcmc and lio... I see you are here. What do the two of you have to say?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 03, 2013, 01:51:23 pm »

hi. catching up.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 03, 2013, 01:54:40 pm »

I believe volt, it makes much more sense. Claiming cop with a town result on someone lots of people have a town read on is silly ESPECIALLY when we had no nk. The chance of robz dying was low, he could have won the game for town by waiting to claim and making multiple Ic's so yea I think he scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 03, 2013, 01:57:49 pm »

Responses to yuma. Don't want to quote the whole thing.

Yuma asks why I said it did not reflect well on either of them. It didn't. It didn't reflect well on SB, either. And as you can see, SB was drawing me into an argument with him that I really didn't want to have, knowing he was town, but we were having it, because, well, you know. But the fact that I always accused mcmc of being scummy, not SB, and in fact strained myself to supply you with reasons why I thought mcmc was scummy, but not SB, should be good evidence of my claim. But as you say, I could have planned that all along.

Yuma also asks why I didn't investigate him. I thought he would be night killed. It's more important to investigate someone who is actually going to survive, and I thought SB certainly would. A result on a dead player is the most useless thing ever.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 03, 2013, 02:00:13 pm »

Yuma asks why I said it did not reflect well on either of them. It didn't. It didn't reflect well on SB, either. And as you can see, SB was drawing me into an argument with him that I really didn't want to have, knowing he was town, but we were having it, because, well, you know. But the fact that I always accused mcmc of being scummy, not SB, and in fact strained myself to supply you with reasons why I thought mcmc was scummy, but not SB, should be good evidence of my claim. But as you say, I could have planned that all along.

Yuma also asks why I didn't investigate him. I thought he would be night killed. It's more important to investigate someone who is actually going to survive, and I thought SB certainly would. A result on a dead player is the most useless thing ever.

Good points. Thanks for responding. I hadn't thought of the surviving part. That is true that surviving is essential for a result to be useful... But... You only think I am going to be night killed if you think (know) I am town... Because if you think there is a chance I am mafia... I am certainly not going to NK myself!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: July 03, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »

Good points. Thanks for responding. I hadn't thought of the surviving part. That is true that surviving is essential for a result to be useful... But... You only think I am going to be night killed if you think (know) I am town... Because if you think there is a chance I am mafia... I am certainly not going to NK myself!

Certainly. But you'll note that I never really had much of a scum read on you on Day 1. And this is what I meant by the thing I said that Volt thought was a scumtell... if you survive Day 1, and there is some other kill, meaning the scum actually killed someone other than you, not that they tried to kill you and were blocked, it's good evidence you may be mafia, I think. So I can learn that about you without even investigating you. I can just wait and see what happens.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 03, 2013, 02:05:05 pm »

^that Volt thought was a softclaim, I mean.****

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:04 pm »

okay, caught up. I think that voltaire made a move that scum might make, and so did robz. I know if robz is town and I'm scum I would very likely counterclaim, especially if nobody suspects me, like voltaire. If robz888 is a cop then we had follow-the-cop set up and would have at least 2 investigation results to get, very hard for scum to win. By fakeclaiming voltaire sends the game to a 3 player lylo where scum has an advantage. So I disagree that this is something scum wouldn't do. However, fakeclaiming cop is also something scum would do, so that kinda cancells out.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 03, 2013, 02:08:09 pm »

I believe volt, it makes much more sense. Claiming cop with a town result on someone lots of people have a town read on is silly ESPECIALLY when we had no nk. The chance of robz dying was low, he could have won the game for town by waiting to claim and making multiple Ic's so yea I think he scum.
No, claiming cop is absolutely correct to claim in this situation. 100%.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 03, 2013, 02:11:34 pm »

Should we try to coordinate our pr's? The doc targets Voltaire and Voltaire makes a judgement call?

It's just vital to have them target different players and not have volt block the doc.. so should someone actually claim vt and volunteer to be jailkept?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 03, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »

Should we try to coordinate our pr's? The doc targets Voltaire and Voltaire makes a judgement call?

It's just vital to have them target different players and not have volt block the doc.. so should someone actually claim vt and volunteer to be jailkept?
NO!!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 03, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »

Vote: Robz

For tomorrow: IF robz flips cop, is there any possible situation where volt isn't scum?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 03, 2013, 02:13:23 pm »

For tomorrow: IF robz flips cop, is there any possible situation where volt isn't scum?
NO!!

that's L-1 peeps!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 03, 2013, 02:14:53 pm »

oh wait, if voltaire is town, the there must have been a doc who blocked the kill, right?

the situation where voltaire is town is actually unlikely. Despite finding robz scummier than volt in general, his claim makes more sense. I am unsure which I weight higher.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:21 pm »

NO!!

that's L-1 peeps!
NO!! as in don't ask that, or NO!! as in volt is scum if robz is town?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »

oh wait, if voltaire is town, the there must have been a doc who blocked the kill, right?

the situation where voltaire is town is actually unlikely. Despite finding robz scummier than volt in general, his claim makes more sense. I am unsure which I weight higher.
If volt is town, either Robz made the kill, or there is a doc that blocked. I think the first is probably more likely.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:30 pm »

"NO!!" as in if robz flips town volt must be scum. same vice-versa.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 03, 2013, 02:17:51 pm »

yeah, actually, it is possible that robz did the kill without being stupid. So that makes me believe voltaire more.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 03, 2013, 02:18:32 pm »

No, claiming cop is absolutely correct to claim in this situation. 100%.

Okay liopoil we can have this discussion later but really claiming cop on day 2 knowing with a town result is not an auto spot to claim. If robz waited till even tomorrow it's much more helpful. Also robz is L-1, intent to hammer after a few more people weigh in
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 03, 2013, 02:19:46 pm »

claiming cop on day 2 with a town result and no kill is an auto spot to claim in this setup

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »

claiming cop on day 2 with a town result and no kill is an auto spot to claim in this setup

Meh

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20:58 pm »

Who are we waiting for mcmc?

1. Volt, 2. yuma, 3. mail-mi and 4. chairs are all voting robz

5. lio and 6. eevee are not voting

7. Robz is voting robz

8. mcmc is intent to hammer

I say hammer.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 03, 2013, 02:21:15 pm »

If volt is town, either Robz made the kill, or there is a doc that blocked. I think the first is probably more likely.
Robz wouldn't (well, shouldn't..) ever claim that if he was the one making the kill.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:14 pm »

Who are we waiting for mcmc?

1. Volt, 2. yuma, 3. mail-mi and 4. chairs are all voting robz

5. lio and 6. eevee are not voting

7. Robz is voting robz

8. mcmc is intent to hammer

I say hammer.
I'm totally hammering when everyone has said their piece and we have planned our power role actions enough. Has all the robz voters posted after the claim?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Robz wouldn't (well, shouldn't..) ever claim that if he was the one making the kill.
well, for all he knew, the kill was just doctored.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.