Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 98904 times)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 1 start)
« Reply #425 on: June 25, 2013, 10:56:35 am »

Except that Yuma really didn't make a case...his only "hard evidence" was "opportunistic vote on mc"....which is really just opinion.  The whole "new info" you refer to is really about three short sentences....that are mostly opinion and not fact based. Robz immediately buys it...obviously without a close read of it...and without saying why or what he sees in nk....
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:56 am »

Except that Yuma really didn't make a case...his only "hard evidence" was "opportunistic vote on mc"....which is really just opinion.  The whole "new info" you refer to is really about three short sentences....that are mostly opinion and not fact based. Robz immediately buys it...obviously without a close read of it...and without saying why or what he sees in nk....
Well then what do you think of my vote on nkirbit?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 25, 2013, 11:09:05 am »

Problematic.  But not as ugly as robz...
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 25, 2013, 11:17:41 am »

Problematic.  But not as ugly as robz...

But why? Why is either problematic? As individual votes that is... because you are basically being suspicious of these two for the same reason I am of nkirbit... (which you have said you didn't like) for jumping on a wagon. But the difference is that in nkirbit there is a trend... 3 different wagons on 3 different players who kinda looked like they might be easy lynches. with robz and voltaire... not so much of a trend as this is more of a solitary incident.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 25, 2013, 12:50:30 pm »

Yuma:  I don't see why you see a trend in me that you don't see in Robz.  Both Robz and I voted for mcmc, for the exact same reason, one post after the other.

I voted for mail-mi after you had, and Robz voted for myself after you had.

I voted for Chairs after Robz had, but Robz hadn't voted until I had applied some pressure on him and made it clear that I was suspicious of what he was saying.  I guess it's important that Robz voted before I did, but I think you're incorrect in saying that there's a trend for me where there isn't for Robz.  We're both acting in a similar way.

Which makes me suspicious of Robz for finding me suspicious for something he himself is doing.  Hm.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 25, 2013, 01:01:07 pm »

Yuma:  I don't see why you see a trend in me that you don't see in Robz.  Both Robz and I voted for mcmc, for the exact same reason, one post after the other.

I voted for Chairs after Robz had, but Robz hadn't voted until I had applied some pressure on him and made it clear that I was suspicious of what he was saying.  I guess it's important that Robz voted before I did, but I think you're incorrect in saying that there's a trend for me where there isn't for Robz.  We're both acting in a similar way.

Which makes me suspicious of Robz for finding me suspicious for something he himself is doing.  Hm.
Right. Except robz doesn't back his votes up with any reads or information. I'm much mire comfortable with a robz than a mai vote.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 25, 2013, 01:03:02 pm »

Right. Except robz doesn't back his votes up with any reads or information. I'm much mire comfortable with a robz than a mai vote.
Problem is townRobz does that sort of scummy thing all the time. Don't get me wrong, my Robz read right now is town, but I'm frustrated by it. Because there's not that much helpful to it that I see (yet).

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:59 pm »

Yuma, what do you think about robz and Voltaire immediately voting for me after you posted your case?  Are you worried about their votes on me?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2013, 01:20:27 pm »

Am i still on Nk? If I am, I like yuma's case and would like to keep my vote there.

Can we have a vote count plz?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2013, 02:01:24 pm »

What are you even saying? I don't get this at all. You didn't pressure me to do anything. I don't care what you want me to do.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »

Yuma, what do you think about robz and Voltaire immediately voting for me after you posted your case?  Are you worried about their votes on me?

Leading questions like this are SO SO scummy. "Yuma, I need to refocus you away from my wagon, can I call your attention to these other people, criticize them on these (semi-sensible) grounds, and pique your interest? If so, tell me, so that I can continue. If not, disregard, and I will find some other method of courting your support. Regards, nkribt."

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 25, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »

Leading questions like this are SO SO scummy. "Yuma, I need to refocus you away from my wagon, can I call your attention to these other people, criticize them on these (semi-sensible) grounds, and pique your interest? If so, tell me, so that I can continue. If not, disregard, and I will find some other method of courting your support. Regards, nkribt."
It's a legit question which you obviously dont want answered

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2013, 02:51:39 pm »

Would you rather me bend over?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 25, 2013, 02:52:37 pm »

What are you even saying? I don't get this at all. You didn't pressure me to do anything. I don't care what you want me to do.

The him was chairs there.  I guess that was a little unclear.  I had applied a little pressure to chairs before you had voted for him

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 25, 2013, 03:07:33 pm »

Here's mail-mi's interactions with me this game.

1. I haven't noticed nkirbit much this game, I'll re-read him.
2. Didn't find anything, but I still find him scummy for lurking
3. I'll vote nkirbit, no new info
(Yuma, robz, Voltaire vote nkirbit for completely unrelated reasons)
4. I like the new reasons on nkirbit, I'll keep my vote there.

Is the fact the he singled out a player for a reread, found nothing, voted him anyway, then steeped another case on that player just a coincidence?  I don't think so.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 25, 2013, 03:07:36 pm »

It's a legit question which you obviously dont want answered

It's the way he asked it. If nkirbit wants to make the argument that mine and Voltaire's votes are scummy, he should just go ahead and argue it, rather than first testing to see if yuma could be amenable to that argument.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2013, 03:09:11 pm »

Is the fact the he singled out a player for a reread, found nothing, voted him anyway, then steeped another case on that player just a coincidence?  I don't think so.

Okay, that also looks scummy to me. Well, more lazy than scummy. But lazy could be scummy.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »

If it was anyone other than mail-mi, I would say scummy for sure. I can't be sure with him, I would lean scummy though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 25, 2013, 03:35:16 pm »

nkirbit has acquitted himself well to his wagon. At the moment I no longer plan on re-voting nkirbit.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »

nkirbit has acquitted himself well to his wagon. At the moment I no longer plan on re-voting nkirbit.

In what was he? Again, I think this...

... is the absolute scummiest way you can respond to a wagon against you. He doesn't get angry, he doesn't ignore it, he doesn't refute it, he just quietly looks for a hole to poke. That's what scum do.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:35 pm »

First part should be "in what way has he"

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 25, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »

It was because I didn't tnitice you as much as usual. I thought that sligHtly scummy, so I voted. After Yuma made Tye case (which provided more evidence) I kept My vote on you. What's so scummy about that?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 25, 2013, 03:42:54 pm »

In what was he? Again, I think this...

... is the absolute scummiest way you can respond to a wagon against you. He doesn't get angry, he doesn't ignore it, he doesn't refute it, he just quietly looks for a hole to poke. That's what scum do.
Actually, in my experience, scum gets frustrated. Not mad, not angry, not panic-y (well, some bad scum do), just frustrated. And I'm not seeing that with nkirbit. It's legit to ask the question he did. It's also legit for yuma to say, I have no problem with their (yours and my) votes.

I don't trust your scum reads quite as much, Robz, since you seem to have an awful lot of them and tend to be awfully certain of them. Scummy!=scum, basically.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 25, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

It's awfully coincidental, don't you think, mail-mi?

As to your point, Robz, I can see why you think that is scummy.  I wanted Yuma's opinion on something, because he seems to be the only other person here (where the heck are lio and mcmc, by the way?)  The question involves Voltaire and Robz, and SB had already made his opinion on the matter clear.

But do you really believe I wanted to distract you guys from the case on me?  I assume that you all can handle multiple questions at once.  If I'm wrong, let me know, but if you think I thought that I would be able to distract players such as yourself and Yuma, you're wrong.  I don't think I could do that, and I wasn't trying to.  I was just asking a question.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 25, 2013, 03:44:20 pm »

We haven't heard from lio in awhile. Other than that I think everyone's checked in recently...right?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 19 queries.