Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Log Search Engine  (Read 74308 times)

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Re: Log Search Engine
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2013, 05:30:45 am »

It is probably caused by websockets.

I'm not sure what server you use, but someone had similar problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5695107/socket-io-how-many-concurrent-connections-can-websockets-handle/5695547
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:36:02 am by yed »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2013, 05:35:04 am »

Goko staff is now actually refering people to this page: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/bureaucrat_island_bug
This is... so much, so much win. Someone else has to implement their features for them, and then they can't even type the URL correctly.  ;D
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2013, 09:29:31 am »

It is probably caused by websockets.

I'm not sure what server you use, but someone had similar problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5695107/socket-io-how-many-concurrent-connections-can-websockets-handle/5695547

Good call. I ran an lsof and confirmed. Very surprising, both because I wouldn't have expected websockets to use the disk at all and second because my max file limit is already absurdly high.

I suspect it's a file descriptor leak. It seems to be a semi-common problem with the Tornado, the server I'm using. I may have to try a different server package.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:07:14 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2013, 02:48:36 am »
+3

I was playing a game today and afterward my opponent commented that he wished he could see the trash, and I said "you can" and then realized that you actually can't.

Feature request: Would it be possible to show the trash in the log prettifier. Maybe with the deck contents at the bottom. Not a huge priority, but sometimes it can be interesting.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:00 am »
+1

I was playing a game today and afterward my opponent commented that he wished he could see the trash, and I said "you can" and then realized that you actually can't.

Feature request: Would it be possible to show the trash in the log prettifier. Maybe with the deck contents at the bottom. Not a huge priority, but sometimes it can be interesting.

During the game you can.  Just click on the trash pile at the bottom right.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2013, 02:54:35 am »

But it would be nice to have it while reviewing the game too. In nutki's log prettifier on retrobox. "Hey nutki..."
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2013, 03:07:12 am »
+2

But it would be nice to have it while reviewing the game too. In nutki's log prettifier on retrobox. "Hey nutki..."

I think the prettifier is this, so we might be able to do something with it.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2013, 02:23:59 am »

Is the site being down related to automatch being down?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:41 am »

Is the site being down related to automatch being down?

Yes, there's a serious bug that makes the automatch server go crazy maybe once a day or so, and it crashes everything else too. So far I've just been restarting the server process when it happens, which is a stupid solution and is why we're having these brief outages. I haven't had time to track down and fix the actual problem.

Thanks for letting me know. I've restarted it again.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »
+3

Finally fixed the bug that makes searching for losses break.

I may also have fixed the "too many open files" bug that has been making the whole server crash. We'll have to wait and see if it worked. Nope :(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:54:56 pm by ragingduckd »

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2013, 11:52:47 pm »
+1

Currently "http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/" and "http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/logsearch" are giving me blank pages, while the leaderboard and prettifier appear to be working as normal.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »

it's working for me...
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »

Currently "http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/" and "http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/logsearch" are giving me blank pages, while the leaderboard and prettifier appear to be working as normal.

it's working for me...

I restarted it. It was throwing an I/O error while trying to print to the console (??).

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »

it's working for me...

I restarted it. It was throwing an I/O error while trying to print to the console (??).

It's working now. Thanks! :-)
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2013, 05:43:27 am »
+2

I just played this game - note the Asian characters in my opponent's name. When I see it in the log-search page, it comes out garbled. I haven't dug into the details, but the log viewer sets charset=UTF-8, and the log search doesn't set a charset at all, so I assume my browser is interpreting it as Latin-1 or some similarly silly thing.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2013, 05:26:10 am »
+4

Is there any possibility to search for an exact card-name? If I search for Count, it finds Count, Counting House, Counterfeit and Count. Searching for "Count" like I would do in google doesn't work.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2013, 10:06:34 am »
+3

Is it possible to add an option, the setting of my timezone, and like that to display the time of the game in my local time ?

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2013, 12:09:19 pm »

Yesterday i was searching logs and found that http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/ would only show games prior to mid april whereas http://www.andrewiannaccone.com/ was up to date.  Can anyone explain this?  What's the relationship between these two addresses anyway?  (sorry if the answer to the last question is explained above.)
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »

Yesterday i was searching logs and found that http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/ would only show games prior to mid april whereas http://www.andrewiannaccone.com/ was up to date.  Can anyone explain this?  What's the relationship between these two addresses anyway?  (sorry if the answer to the last question is explained above.)

I have no idea why this should be the case. I was certain they linked to the same page. Can you post or PM me two search links that show different results?

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2013, 02:35:56 pm »

I have no idea why this should be the case. I was certain they linked to the same page. Can you post or PM me two search links that show different results?
I can't duplicate the bug.  I would have thought they were just pointing to the same page, but I can describe how I produced the error.

I just put in a player name and made damn sure I wasn't just setting the dates wrong, and it would stop in mid-April.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »
+3

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a topic about O(log n) search algorithms every time?
Well you *do* need a signature...

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2013, 02:55:17 pm »

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a topic about O(log n) search algorithms every time?
those exist?  or did you mean O(n log n)?

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2013, 03:00:11 pm »
+2

You are confusing searching with sorting. Most sorted structures, including sorted arrays, search in O(log n).

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2013, 03:03:37 pm »

Well, it depends on what you are searching and whether there is known structure.  If you an ordered list of names and you are searching for which position Karen is in, then it would be a O(log n) search, right?  You'd query the name in the middle, and determine whether Karen is before or after it, and continue in this manner.
Well you *do* need a signature...

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »

Well, it depends on what you are searching and whether there is known structure.  If you an ordered list of names and you are searching for which position Karen is in, then it would be a O(log n) search, right?  You'd query the name in the middle, and determine whether Karen is before or after it, and continue in this manner.

Even if it's unsorted you can get at worst O(n) by just traversing the entire array. Sounds like he's thinking of sorting
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 2.274 seconds with 21 queries.