Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Unusual uses for remake  (Read 7057 times)

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
Re: Unusual uses for remake
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »

Of course, with Remake and four Kings Courts, he can get the last four Provinces in the next two turns. He doesn't have to play the Masquerade, though probably he can get away with it because his opponent also only has Copper to pass back, and he doesn't have to trash.

I had a game today where my opponent went Catacombs/Tunnel while I went for Kings Court->Knights. He was getting so many Golds back from Tunnel/Gold hits that it took rather a long time to get his deck down to little more than the three Provinces he had; he probably could have piled out Estates and Tunnels before I bought the remaining five Provinces, but he resigned when I played Kings Court->Upgrade, trashing Kings Court, trashing Kings Court...
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual uses for remake
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »

Remaking Remakes into $5 cards is also very common. Or Silvers into Conspirators or Scouts $4-villages. And random $4 cards into Duchies in the end-game.
I once played a game in which I tried the old Masquerade pin in a unique way.
The problem was, there was no handsize decreaser. My opponent completely ignored it and steadily built up to take the first 4 Provinces.
By that time I had my deck down to KC-KC-KC-KC-Masq and started chomping at his deck.
When he had nothing left I spent 5 turns buying Copper, Copper, Copper, Copper, Remake.
Once I had the Remake, my opponent resigned.

Sorry what was the remake for? For remaking KC into provinces? And wouldn't you have to pass him the coppers in your hand when you played masquerade?

He stops playing the Masq after buying the first Copper.

There's still something I don't get in the linked game: Leaving cards in the opponent's hand, the lock player has no insulation from his opponent's Masquerade. He can keep a Copper in the deck as defense (with 3 KCs and Masquerade), rebuying it every turn, but that means the opponent gets 3-card hands.

If I'm the opponent, I could try to use Death Cart to get a KC and mirror the deck-killing strategy, but I'd rather counter with the following:
1. Use the threat of Masquerade so that my opponent is forced to give me 3-card hands
2. Buy a Band of Misfits, which can be used as Masquerade, Workshop, or Vagrant. Now I don't need the Masquerade to threaten Masquerade.
3. While my opponent tries to trash my deck use BoM-as-Workshop and my buy to remain card-neutral
4. Empty the Silver and Copper
5. Buy 7 Duchies
6. Pass the first 6 to Masquerade (opponent trashes them)
7. Buy the last Duchy to win.

My only question is, can the lock player use KC-Workshop to get money quickly and convert to a faster Province strategy than I can create? And can I prevent this from happening by picking up some strong cards, e.g. KC (using Death Cart to get them, possibly) before tipping my strategy?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:10:35 pm by Stealth Tomato »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.309 seconds with 20 queries.