Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Vanilla Resistance.  (Read 60766 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Resistance.
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2013, 09:35:15 pm »

There's at least 1 spy on this mission, so I'm rejecting.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2013, 09:41:32 pm »

understandable.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2013, 10:22:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure there are two spies on the mission, so I'll accept.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:23 pm »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2013, 11:46:45 pm »

Who?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2013, 12:30:54 am »

Me or mail-mi?

If it's me:

mail-mi: 99% sure he is a Spy.  I've noticed a bunch of backpedaling, and I will make a small case when I'm on a computer.

Munch/liopoil: liopoil for heavily defending scum!mail-mi and Munch for just not being here. His voting patterns have also been a bit spyish.

It may sound spyish, but I'm not too concerned if this mission fails, and I really hope it double fails. Resistance is up 2-0 and I'm pretty sure we'll have Mission 4 in the bag.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:00 am »

Me or mail-mi?

If it's me:

mail-mi: 99% sure he is a Spy.  I've noticed a bunch of backpedaling, and I will make a small case when I'm on a computer.

Munch/liopoil: liopoil for heavily defending scum!mail-mi and Munch for just not being here. His voting patterns have also been a bit spyish.

It may sound spyish, but I'm not too concerned if this mission fails, and I really hope it double fails. Resistance is up 2-0 and I'm pretty sure we'll have Mission 4 in the bag.

Both.

So you're pretty sure liopoil is Resistance?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 22, 2013, 12:38:09 am »

I have notice Munch's absence and wondered if it's because he's given up.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 22, 2013, 12:38:22 am »

noticed*

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2013, 09:29:55 am »

He's been sending in Pass/Fails, so he's here. But I'll admit I hadn't seen him as much prior to him /inning in this game.

I'm not 100% that liopoil is resistance. The facts say he most likely is, but my gut read/different views say he might not be. I forgot to mention that having you on the mission is a big plus because you and liopoil are the closest thing we have to an IC.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2013, 10:56:48 am »

He's been sending in Pass/Fails, so he's here. But I'll admit I hadn't seen him as much prior to him /inning in this game.

I'm not 100% that liopoil is resistance. The facts say he most likely is, but my gut read/different views say he might not be. I forgot to mention that having you on the mission is a big plus because you and liopoil are the closest thing we have to an IC.

But why do we want them on the mission if we're going for two spies -- it doesn't make sense!

Either you want 2 spies, and all the suspicious people, or 0 spies, and none of the suspicious people --mixing and matching them doesn't make sense

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 22, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »

Hey, I'm here.  I'm sending in passes and fails cause I get texts from Shraeye :).

Last mission was weird for me and I lost a lot of bearings on this game.  I was convinced there was at least one of the spies amongst lio/TA/Jimm (why I rejected that mission).  Then that mission succeed.  I think there was one of only a few possibilities that went on in that scenario that I find reasonable, but then there was a bunch of theory talk which got me overwhelmed and I was kinda quiet.  I'll post this and go back and read some of the theory and see if I can draw some conclusions.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 22, 2013, 02:28:02 pm »

Question for the people that are convinced that all three of TA/Lio/Jimm are resistance?

Why hasn't anyone proposed running TA/Lio/Jimm/Munch > TA/Lio/Jimmm/MM > TA/Lio/Jimm/Arch?

If all three are resistance, then isn't this a very obvious winning strategy?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 22, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »

Question for the people that are convinced that all three of TA/Lio/Jimm are resistance?

Why hasn't anyone proposed running TA/Lio/Jimm/Munch > TA/Lio/Jimmm/MM > TA/Lio/Jimm/Arch?

The fourth mission requires 3 people, so we're planning on doing TA/Lio/Jimm.

If that's going to work, we might as well spend mission 3 trying to get a different winning team, ie one that leaves one of us 3 off.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 22, 2013, 02:55:01 pm »

People are probably gonna think that I'm crazy, but what I'm about to propose definitely is consistent with what I've seen going on this game (I should have posted regarding last mission and is the reason I passed it but whatever).

First off, I'm pretty sure that there is a spy on the last mission.  It succeeded which means there were probably 2 spies on the mission.  I propose that those two spies are lio/Jimm.

Mission 1, they propose themselves.  They know they cant both sabotage the mission, and they know that even if the mission itself succeeds, this is fine for their team, they get quit a bit of cred for that mission passing.

TA proposes himself + lio/Jimm.  If we continue with the thinking that at least someone is a spy on this mission, then it cant be TA.  TA is 99% resistance to me.  If hes the lone spy, he would have sabotaged the mission.  If he is the spy then he doesn't actually have a reason to put his partner on the mission.  (This is the reason I was happy that TA was on last mission).

Lio and Jimm were pushing for both of themselves to be on this mission.  This is interesting to me because I know that if I was in that position, I would feel like I gained some cred but would still be cautious about the other person on the 2person mission with me (we've already discussed why 1 spy on the first mission might not sabotage).  If one of us resistance proposes a mission with both of them on it they now might be caught.  But notably Jimm and Lio are proposing that we look OUTSIDE of the three on the last mission.  Putting myself in their shoes, there cant be 1 spy on the mission (that spy would have sabotaged).  If there are 2 spies, they must be the other two on the mission.  But TA wouldn't propose a mission with himself and his buddy, so Jimm/Liopoil would have to reject his idea if they were resistance.

In my last post I mentioned the three proposals that should be a win if Lio/TA/Jimm are resistance.  But I dont think they actually want to go ahead with that plan, something that, if they were both resistance, they should be very comfortable to make happen.

So lastly, why did I pass last mission:  I've been wrong this game.  Its quite possible that all the above is incorrect and the scum team is actually arch/MM.  However, I think there are really only 2 possibilities.  Lio/Jimm are a scum team, or Arch MM are a scum team.  If we had done the mission MM had proposed last time, there are three outcomes: 0 sabotages, 1 sab, 2 sab.  If its 2 sab, we know team is arch MM and we win.  If its 1 sab we know that either arch/MM guessed correctly or Jimm is in fact spy.  If its 0 sab then we win.   So if its 1 sab, then I would propose the following two missions as a winning strategy: TA/Munch/Jimm/Liopoil and TA/Munch/MM/Arch.  One of those should have to win.

Come to think of it, we could just do those two missions now and we win as far as i'm concerned.

EDIT: Wow, I just checked wiki and mission 4 is indeed only 3 people... Thats strange.

The fourth mission requires 3 people, so we're planning on doing TA/Lio/Jimm.

If that's going to work, we might as well spend mission 3 trying to get a different winning team, ie one that leaves one of us 3 off.

This confuses me.  If we're convinced that the 3 of you are resistance, why do we care at all about this mission? We just send the 3 of you next.  Instead now that I think about it, lets ensure that Lio and Jimm are both not spies.  How do we do that?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 22, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »

I dont think the current mission proposal can do that (L/J/MM/TM).  Unfortuantely the only mission that would make me absolutely sure would be TM/TA/J/L.  If it fails, I know once of them is a spy.  second best would be one of Jimm/Liopoil and Both of MM/Arch.  I think its harder for both spies to coordinate, so if theres 1 sab, its much more likley that Jimm is the spy than both of MM / Arch.  Then we can run TA/ (whichever team we dont think is the spy) and win on mission 4.  If we're wrong about the 1 sab in TA/J/MM/Arch, then we can justuse the other team in mission 5.  Oh but wait, the thing that helps us know whether or not Lio/Jimm is the scum team is the thing they voted down.  Womp womp.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 22, 2013, 07:26:42 pm »

In my last post I mentioned the three proposals that should be a win if Lio/TA/Jimm are resistance.  But I dont think they actually want to go ahead with that plan, something that, if they were both resistance, they should be very comfortable to make happen.

This is super wrong. Unless you have a better idea for Mission 4 than me/TA/liopoil, it would be crazy stupid to put all three of us on Mission 3. I think it's probable that we're all Resistance, in which case we'll win the game in Mission 4, but I also want to maximise our chances of winning in the event that that turns out to be wrong. It's called not putting all your eggs in one basket.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 23, 2013, 03:56:03 pm »

bump!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 23, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »

Just sent my vote in. I think I'd rather exclude liopoil and either Arch or Munch.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 24, 2013, 10:00:36 pm »

So who hasn't sent their vote in?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 24, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »

I did. I assume you did. Jimmmmm did. mail-mi suggested that he was going to accept it, so he probably voted. TA said he's gonna reject, so he probably did too. Munch made a big post too, so I think everyone voted, and we're waiting for shraeye.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

Mine's in.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »

Very possible that I'm the late guy.  I'll check on this tomorrow.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 25, 2013, 12:39:28 pm »

The delay was on me; my apologies.

Mission 3, Proposal #2 -- team proposed by liopoil: liopoil, TheMunch, Jimmmm, mail-mi

Accept mission team: Archetype, liopoil, mail-mi, TheMunch
Reject mission team: Twistedarcher, Jimmmmm

The mission is accepted.  Now liopoil, TheMunch, Jimmmmm, mail-mi need to PM me privately with their intent for this mission; do you want to pass the mission, or sabotage the mission?  Remember that the good, loyal resistance members MUST pass the mission (also it's the only non-stupid option for them).  Evil spies may either pass or sabotage the mission.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 25, 2013, 12:41:00 pm »

Hurray! Sending mine in now.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29  All

Page created in 1.491 seconds with 20 queries.