Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Vanilla Resistance.  (Read 60764 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Resistance.
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2013, 08:54:32 pm »

There's no reason to be certain anyone is a Spy until a Mission has been failed. IRL, it's easier to watch them physically to determine, but it's a lot harder to do online.

I'm like 50% sure liopoil is a Spy, but he may not be. I don't know for certain.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2013, 08:55:14 pm »

You really can't be so sure that I'm a spy. If you're resistance locking in on one person, when you have no information, makes nooo sense. If you're resistance and you refuse to acknowledge the possibility that I'm also resistance it's going to really make it harder to win..

I'm not saying it's not trust to distrust me, but don't say with certainty that anyone is a spy. It makes me think that you're actually the spy!
Okay clarification: I think your most likely to be spy out of everyone.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

In fact, spy to not spy list:
TA
Arche
Lio
Munch
Jimmmm
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2013, 10:29:05 pm »

FOS mail-mi and arch for not giving reasons for their reads. their level of certainty is way too high. seriously, there's less evidence here than in mafia, and you're more certain than people usually are in, say, D2 of a mafia game.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »

FOS liopoil for declining the mission.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2013, 10:53:19 pm »

FOS Arche OMGUS on liopoil

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2013, 10:54:12 pm »

Why would I accept it? TA and mail-mi are the last two to propose a mission this round, and I think both might put me on it. This one didn't have me on it. Actually, I feel rather confident that TA will propose a mission of himself, me, and jimmmmm, which is probably the same mission that I would propose. The three of us accept, and so does munch, who doesn't want mail-mi to be the one deciding the mission.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »

Jimmmmm: Why did you decline? You really think I'm that much a spy?

I think there's a good chance that one of you and TA is.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2013, 11:07:33 pm »

Jimmmmm: Why did you decline? You really think I'm that much a spy?

I think there's a good chance that one of you and TA is.

Whole heartedly agree

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2013, 11:39:54 am »

Liopoil: 58
TwistedArcher: 49
Jimmmmm: 27
Archetype: 24
Mail-mi: 19
TheMunch: 9

Doesn't mean much in this game, but munch stands out a bit.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2013, 11:43:44 am »

Mission 1, Proposal #1: team proposed by mail-mi: liopoil, mail-mi

Accept mission team: Jimmmmm, liopoil, mail-mi
Reject mission team: Archetype, TheMunch, Twistedarcher

Mission 1, Proposal #2 -- team proposed by liopoil: jimmmm, liopoil

Accept mission team: jimmmmm, liopoil, mail-mi, TheMunch
Reject mission team: archetype, Twistedarcher

Mission 2, Proposal #1 -- team proposed by jimmmm: jimmmm, liopoil, TheMunch

Accept mission team: jimmmmm, mail-mi
Reject mission team:archetype, liopoil, TheMunch, Twistedarcher

Mission 2, Proposal #2 -- team proposed by Archetype: Archetype, Jimmmm, Twistedarcher

Accept mission team: archetype, Twistedarcher
Reject mission team: jimmmmm, liopoil, mail-mi, TheMunch

For reference.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2013, 12:04:20 pm »

NExt mission!!  Make a proposal in next 24 hours Munch.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »

Hey guys, sorry I've been out of town for my sister's graduation.  She's a Phd so thats awesome.

The thing that stands out to me is that I'm particularly low on a lot of peoples lists for reasons I dont particularly understand.  I think the only reasons I heard were that my voting habits were weird but I dont think they necessarily stand out from anyone else in this game.  I have been quite upfront with my opinions for most of this game, and liopoil has stood out to me as someone who has just constantly been in "shock" at my votes. 

I would love the next mission to be archetype, myself and Jimmm, so thats what I'm considering proposing, but I fear that might just get voted down out of hand.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2013, 11:34:51 pm »

Hey guys, sorry I've been out of town for my sister's graduation.  She's a Phd so thats awesome.

The thing that stands out to me is that I'm particularly low on a lot of peoples lists for reasons I dont particularly understand.  I think the only reasons I heard were that my voting habits were weird but I dont think they necessarily stand out from anyone else in this game.  I have been quite upfront with my opinions for most of this game, and liopoil has stood out to me as someone who has just constantly been in "shock" at my votes. 

I would love the next mission to be archetype, myself and Jimmm, so thats what I'm considering proposing, but I fear that might just get voted down out of hand.

Archetype I'm questionable of, but if this gets regected I'll know who's spy, so i might say yes. Or not.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2013, 04:37:25 am »

How will you know who's a spy?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2013, 07:05:23 am »

Munch, you probably don't have my vote no matter what, because chances are TA and mail-mi will offer a better proposal than you will (for me, that is). if it include jimmmmm and I, I'll probably accept though. I'm regretting declining jimmmmm's proposal.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2013, 08:53:32 am »

Id like an answer to this.

Munch, you probably don't have my vote no matter what, because chances are TA and mail-mi will offer a better proposal than you will (for me, that is). if it include jimmmmm and I, I'll probably accept though. I'm regretting declining jimmmmm's proposal.

Is it that I dont have your vote if I put myself on my own mission?  Or you are so convinced I'm a spy because I'm "voting weirdly" (even though there seem to be a bunch of people that agree with my votes; I dont think there has been a mission that passed that I was against) that anything I propose has to be the work of a spy?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2013, 09:52:25 am »

It'll be Arche. Well, probably.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2013, 05:53:00 pm »

Why are you so certain I'm a Spy, mail-mi?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2013, 05:54:43 pm »

Because, if he chooses the team of him, jimm, and you, you're my top spy read of that team and if it fails I believe you will be the one failing it.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2013, 06:07:49 pm »

Because, if he chooses the team of him, jimm, and you, you're my top spy read of that team and if it fails I believe you will be the one failing it.
Yes but why do you think I'm a Spy?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2013, 06:12:58 pm »

Yes but why do you think I'm a Spy?

Spy vibes. Like scum vibes in mafia. You know, how you get the feeling someone's scum, but there's no obvious reason? Yeah, that.

And besides, i dont have that big a spy read on you. You're just the most spy-ish out of those three.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »

I don't trust mail-mi at all with his spy vibes on both myself and Arch.

Munch, I'd vote down that mission. If I'm not going to be on the mission, the only one I'd consider is yourself, Jimm, and Liopoil. Nothing against Arch, I trust him as much as anyone (and more than mail-mi), but I'd be thrown off to see you not on the mission, and I think there's no reason to split up Jimm and Lio without a good reason (and replacing with Arch is not a good reason in my eyes!)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »

munch: at this point I think I would accept a mission with you on  it, as long as Jimmmmm and I are the other two. I'll accept any mission with both Jimmmmm and I on it at this point.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2013, 07:05:46 pm »

I'd rather myself be swapped with liopoil or even Munch himself, but I'll probably vote 'yes' to Munch, liopoil, and Jimmmmm.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.