Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29  All

Author Topic: Vanilla Resistance.  (Read 59962 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Resistance.
« Reply #675 on: June 23, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »

Pressure much? mail-mi, raerae, Arch, whoever's on my team, convince me.

I'll work on it but in the meantime, can you tell us why you've rejected every proposed mission in recent memory?  I can't find the common ingredient and it's driving me crazy.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 23, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »

Pressure much? mail-mi, raerae, Arch, whoever's on my team, convince me.

I'll work on it but in the meantime, can you tell us why you've rejected every proposed mission in recent memory?  I can't find the common ingredient and it's driving me crazy.

Basically because I get final say and I thought there was some small chance that if there was one Spy on and one off, then the one off would accept the mission. I actually told shraeye in advance that I was rejecting every mission that I didn't propose.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »

It was a good move. shraeye, if Jimmmmm is spy, please put out of our misery and end the game. Jimmmm, any ideas so far?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »

It was a good move. shraeye, if Jimmmmm is spy, please put out of our misery and end the game. Jimmmm, any ideas so far?

Not really. I'll try to take a good look this afternoon.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2013, 10:19:30 pm »

OK, so breaking down Jimmmm's super handy post about votes and stuff.

Mission 1:  Arch & mail-mi started and stayed on opposite sides of the track for both votes.  Obviously, it makes sense to vote apart at first, you don't want anybody calling teams M2.

Mission 2:  They continued staying opposites, each when the other was nominated until the final when mail-mi had to maintain his staunch and unreasonable, 'Accept me, damnit!' position.  Arch gave way to gain some street cred and spread some warm fuzzies.

Mission 3 (FAIL):  Again, we start with separation but with proposal two, obviously they both accept because they are both on the mission.  Easier to point the finger and say 'He did it!' 'No, he did it!' and easier to confuse the masses.

Mission 4 (FAIL):  We separate again until one of them gets on the mission then accept accept accept. 

Archetype and mail-mi are our spies.  Lio, TA, Jimmmmm, and I are resistance. 

Proposal:  Liopoil, TwistedArcher, Jimmmmmm, and raerae

I knew I'd done this already!  So this was my analysis of stuffs prior to my sub in, below is analysis for the stuffs after.

Mission 5 Proposals:

raerae proposal: lio, jimmmmm, TA, & raerae (I was the only one to accept and that sucks.)
In discussion of the rejection, Arch says the team is obviously mail-mi and myself but then, just a few posts later, says that it's obviously mail-mi and probably me.  He's being non-committal and wishy-washy in regards to the team because, at this point, there was still some discussion of liopoil also being a spy so he has to leave room to go back to that.  Mail-mi fails to comment other than to say he isn't on it so he isn't accepting.  Awesome contribution there.

TA proposal: TA, jimmm, lio, mail-mi (accepted by TA & mail-mi)
Arch rejects and then opens another possibility of TA being scum so that leaves him wide open to reject a wider variety of missions.  Mail-mi just lists possible scum teams and says it's me & Arch.  Any reason why?  Naw, just state it like it's fact.

mail-mi proposal: TA, lio, jimmmmm, mail-mi (accepted by mail-mi & TA)
In post proposal discussion lio makes a grave error (hard to see in that tunnel, I know) that Arch is deadset on mail-mi/raerae being the team when clearly, he's still "considering" TA to be part of a team.  Then, after lio & TA point out that I must be a spy because everybody agrees on it (please don't slip in my sarcasm), Arch manages to call mail-mi and myself the team but also say he's not 100% sold on me.  This just sounds so much like he's just keeping his options open.  I mean, seriously, how do you know how to vote when you're considering three possibilities this late in the game?  mail-mi continues to be exceptionally helpful in all his posts (dang! there's some more sarcasm! just spilling out all over the place!).

lio proposal: TA, jimmmmm, lio, Arch (accepted by lio & Arch)
Neither mail-mi nor Arch have responded to this yet.  Well, mail-mi has posted but not responded, kind of like he's done all game.  What's more interesting is Arch accepting even though he was considering TA to be a spy just a few posts before.  Why would you accept if one of your top three suspects is on the mission with you?  Because your suspects are fake and you're a spy, that's why.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2013, 10:30:34 pm »

OK, so breaking down Jimmmm's super handy post about votes and stuff.

Mission 1:  Arch & mail-mi started and stayed on opposite sides of the track for both votes.  Obviously, it makes sense to vote apart at first, you don't want anybody calling teams M2.

Mission 2:  They continued staying opposites, each when the other was nominated until the final when mail-mi had to maintain his staunch and unreasonable, 'Accept me, damnit!' position.  Arch gave way to gain some street cred and spread some warm fuzzies.

Mission 3 (FAIL):  Again, we start with separation but with proposal two, obviously they both accept because they are both on the mission.  Easier to point the finger and say 'He did it!' 'No, he did it!' and easier to confuse the masses.

Mission 4 (FAIL):  We separate again until one of them gets on the mission then accept accept accept. 

Archetype and mail-mi are our spies.  Lio, TA, Jimmmmm, and I are resistance. 

Proposal:  Liopoil, TwistedArcher, Jimmmmmm, and raerae

I knew I'd done this already!  So this was my analysis of stuffs prior to my sub in, below is analysis for the stuffs after.

Mission 5 Proposals:

raerae proposal: lio, jimmmmm, TA, & raerae (I was the only one to accept and that sucks.)
In discussion of the rejection, Arch says the team is obviously mail-mi and myself but then, just a few posts later, says that it's obviously mail-mi and probably me.  He's being non-committal and wishy-washy in regards to the team because, at this point, there was still some discussion of liopoil also being a spy so he has to leave room to go back to that.  Mail-mi fails to comment other than to say he isn't on it so he isn't accepting.  Awesome contribution there.

TA proposal: TA, jimmm, lio, mail-mi (accepted by TA & mail-mi)
Arch rejects and then opens another possibility of TA being scum so that leaves him wide open to reject a wider variety of missions.  Mail-mi just lists possible scum teams and says it's me & Arch.  Any reason why?  Naw, just state it like it's fact.

mail-mi proposal: TA, lio, jimmmmm, mail-mi (accepted by mail-mi & TA)
In post proposal discussion lio makes a grave error (hard to see in that tunnel, I know) that Arch is deadset on mail-mi/raerae being the team when clearly, he's still "considering" TA to be part of a team.  Then, after lio & TA point out that I must be a spy because everybody agrees on it (please don't slip in my sarcasm), Arch manages to call mail-mi and myself the team but also say he's not 100% sold on me.  This just sounds so much like he's just keeping his options open.  I mean, seriously, how do you know how to vote when you're considering three possibilities this late in the game?  mail-mi continues to be exceptionally helpful in all his posts (dang! there's some more sarcasm! just spilling out all over the place!).

lio proposal: TA, jimmmmm, lio, Arch (accepted by lio & Arch)
Neither mail-mi nor Arch have responded to this yet.  Well, mail-mi has posted but not responded, kind of like he's done all game.  What's more interesting is Arch accepting even though he was considering TA to be a spy just a few posts before.  Why would you accept if one of your top three suspects is on the mission with you?  Because your suspects are fake and you're a spy, that's why.

I'm sorry, but this is you looking for reasons to prove Arch is a spy out of desperation rather than reason. EVERY mission at this point will have one of any person's top 3 suspects.

I just think you are digging to hard to invent reasons why Arch-mail-mi is the spy team. I just get the impression that you're trying to invent reasons rather than coming up with true reasons.

I'm sold that raerae is a spy -- I'm just not sure on mail-mi vs. Arch. I think it's Arch, but man..it's tough.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2013, 10:32:46 pm »

TA, I don't know if it's intentional or if you're just as blinded as lio but the point is that he HAS three suspects and isn't sold on any of them.  All the rest of you are wrong but certain that I'm a spy while he's leaving his options open.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2013, 10:33:29 pm »

Also, I don't understand what a "true" reason would be.  Can you give me an example of that since I'm obviously so far off the mark and wrong in every way?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »

TA, I don't know if it's intentional or if you're just as blinded as lio but the point is that he HAS three suspects and isn't sold on any of them.  All the rest of you are wrong but certain that I'm a spy while he's leaving his options open.

I'm not going to be certain of anyone but me until the game's over. It could be lio/TA for all I know, but I'm still pretty sure they're both coming on the mission with me.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2013, 11:24:30 pm »

I'm not going to be certain of anyone but me until the game's over. It could be lio/TA for all I know, but I'm still pretty sure they're both coming on the mission with me.
This. You can never be 100% certain of anyone being anything in this game (well mail-mi, but there's a always an exception). I have everyone down in a list from scummiest to not and mail-mi, raerae, and TA are all near the top. Heck, at the beginning of the game I was SO CERTAIN TA was town, but that has defintally waned a bit for reasons previously stated.

So, yeah I accepted the mission with TA on it because it has my 3rd suspect on it, but it also had my 4th and 5th suspects, one who is almost certainly good, but could of course still be scum.

I don't know how else to prove I'm innocent than bring to light all the things that incriminate raerae/mail-mi. Textbook scum attributes from normal Mafia that are being shown here:

1. Few posting/little content. Mail-mi in particular.

2. Tunneling to prove a point. Raerae moreso.

3. Obvious evidence. Take a look at that one failed mission from awhile ago that looks just like the one that just failed now. The same TWO people rejected it. Raerae managed to pull their team out of the losing position by convincing Twistedarcher and Jimmmmmm, but hopefully you guys will listen to liopoil and I when we say: raerae and mail-mi are the scum team.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2013, 11:52:10 pm »

3. Obvious evidence. Take a look at that one failed mission from awhile ago that looks just like the one that just failed now. The same TWO people rejected it. Raerae managed to pull their team out of the losing position by convincing Twistedarcher and Jimmmmmm, but hopefully you guys will listen to liopoil and I when we say: raerae and mail-mi are the scum team.

Which failed mission are you referring to?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »

Mission 3, Proposal #1 -- team proposed by mail-mi: Jimmm, Twistedarcher, Archetype, mail-mi

Accept mission team: mail-mi, TheMunch
Reject mission team: archetype, Jimmmm, liopoil, Twistedarcher

The mission is rejected.  Now liopoil is the team leader.  He has 24 hours to make proposal #2 for the third Mission.

This isn't what I was looking for, but it's interesting. Why would Munch accept it?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:10 am »

Mission 4, Proposal #1 -- team proposed by Jimmmm: Jimmmm, liopoil, Twistedarcher

Accept mission team: Archetype, Jimmmm, liopoil
Reject mission team: mail-mi, TheMunch, Twistedarcher

The mission is rejected.  Now Archetype is the team leader

This one is what I was looking for. Especially scummy combined with the other one I found.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 24, 2013, 12:12:57 am »

Okay, those two together ARE really suspicious...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:21 am »

Mission 3, Proposal #1 -- team proposed by mail-mi: Jimmm, Twistedarcher, Archetype, mail-mi

The mission is rejected.  Now liopoil is the team leader.  He has 24 hours to make proposal #2 for the third Mission.

This isn't what I was looking for, but it's interesting. Why would Munch accept it?

Exactly what I wanted to know.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:44 am »

It's very unfortunate that we can't call Munch to account for his actions. I would like to hear from mail-mi regarding which of myself/lio/TA he had enough suspicion of to reject a previously successful mission.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 24, 2013, 03:10:49 am »

All things considered I think I've changed my mind and am strongly leaning towards raerae/mail-mi.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 24, 2013, 03:33:58 am »

Okay, I've decided I really don't like the probability that Arch is a Spy and and {Jimmmmm, liopoil, TA} are all Resistance, because he was pushing really hard for that to go through on Missions 2 and 4. But him and one of lio/TA doesn't make a lot of sense, and I don't think it's both lio and TA. So I think the most sensible thing to propose is myself/lio/TA/Arch. I also probably won't have access to a computer tomorrow, so I should probably propose now-ish.

If it's Arch and one of raerae and mail-mi, I'm blaming Twisted for messing up Mission 4 :P.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2013, 03:40:14 am »

And it's 3am forum time, so nobody's going to talk to me.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 24, 2013, 03:47:23 am »

Okay, I'm just going to do it.

Propose: Jimmmmm, liopoil, Twistedarcher, Archetype

Sorry to my fellow Freedom Fighters if this fails.

shraeye/Spies: We don't really need to vote. Did we win?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 24, 2013, 04:32:41 am »

Since you're asking, I'm assuming your resistance too. Same here, of course. Hopefully TA and lio are.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:47 am »

I'm resistance!!!!!

:) so relieved that arch is too, I really thought he was but wasn't certain. I was really gonna push this mission, was planning on writing up something big to convince you, but I didn't need to!

TA, are you resistance? do we win??

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 24, 2013, 11:27:29 am »

That's an awesome question and one I wish I could answer.  The best I can come up with is that Munch had a million other things on his mind and this game was about as far away from priority as possible.  The acceptance doesn't make sense no matter which way you cut it.  If he/I were really mail-mi's partner, there is no way in hell we would make it that obvious!  Jimmmmmm, you can change this and get it right.  Arch is the spy, mail-mi is his partner, and Munch is a fool.  I've tried my best to show that since I subbed in but he just jacked it up so much he should probably get honorary spy-status anyway.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 24, 2013, 11:31:11 am »

no no no Jimmmmm!! don't change it!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 24, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »

please do vote on this proposal.  Send in PMs quick, and we can wrap this up.

Okay, I'm just going to do it.

Propose: Jimmmmm, liopoil, Twistedarcher, Archetype

Sorry to my fellow Freedom Fighters if this fails.

shraeye/Spies: We don't really need to vote. Did we win?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 15 queries.