Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196059 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Night 1!)
« Reply #1725 on: July 12, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

xeiron (1) nkirbit
shraeye (2) theorel, Eevee
chairs (1) AHoppy
Not Voting (4)  xeiron, Twistedarcher, shraeye, chairs

With 8 alive you need 5 to lynch. You have begun digging into your bankable time.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 2!)
« Reply #1726 on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:18 pm »

Oh man, I forgot about the bankable time... anyways, I'm going to go back and reread shraye later tonight (no idea when I'll get home). If I think he's scummy enough like all of you, I'll put my vote there. But I don't think wagon analysis is a slam dunk by any means. I'd still like to lynch chairs or xerion ATM. But I still think xerion really needs to claim something.  With theorel and Eevee, if you are town, you're just hurting us more than helping.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 12, 2013, 04:10:28 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

xeiron (1) nkirbit
chairs (1) AHoppy

With 8 alive you need 5 to lynch. You have begun digging into your bankable time.

Am I voting or not voting?  MAKE UP MY MIND!

Unvote

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

xeiron (1) nkirbit
chairs (1) AHoppy

Unvote

...I totally misread that as "I am voting for Ahoppy".

I'm dumb.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:54 pm »

Oh man, I forgot about the bankable time... anyways, I'm going to go back and reread shraye later tonight (no idea when I'll get home). If I think he's scummy enough like all of you, I'll put my vote there. But I don't think wagon analysis is a slam dunk by any means. I'd still like to lynch chairs or xerion ATM. But I still think xerion really needs to claim something.  With theorel and Eevee, if you are town, you're just hurting us more than helping.

I'm definitely looking forward to an explanation from xeiron.

How much bankable time do we have at the moment?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 12, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

xeiron (1) nkirbit
chairs (1) AHoppy

Unvote

...I totally misread that as "I am voting for Ahoppy".

I'm dumb.
No worries, that happens to me almost every time I read these.

I'm looking forward to an explanation, but I'm doubtful we'll get one. He's being quite ornery.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 12, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »

Because he's scum!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 12, 2013, 04:20:33 pm »

I'm definitely looking forward to an explanation from xeiron.

How much bankable time do we have at the moment?
~11 days

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 12, 2013, 04:21:15 pm »

Because he's scum!
That's the conclusion I'm coming to as well. Even if he does claim, I'll probably be Leary of it since he's had his sweet old time (and another night) to concoct an ashersky-mean-girls fake claim.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »

Because he's scum!
That's the conclusion I'm coming to as well. Even if he does claim, I'll probably be Leary of it since he's had his sweet old time (and another night) to concoct an ashersky-mean-girls fake claim.

I haven't read mean girls, but I'm leaning towards a xeiron lynch myself, barring a very good explanation as to why we shouldn't.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:42 pm »

Theorel, what exactly is the case on me that you're voting for?  That your wagon analysis matches me with the most people??

I really think we should be looking at Twisted more closely; I found another set of things that just doesn't add up.  This weekend I should have more time to reread things comprehensively, but scanning through recent posts today I found this:

Yeah. I don't think that's unusual, for this point of the game. We have a decent percentage of scum in the people left, and so little information to work with, that I wouldn't be shocked by any person flipping scum. Apart from Eevee, I really have no strong town reads, and he's not THAT strong of a town read.

I'm suspicious of all of you!
I mean, everyone single person except for me has agreed that Xeiron is scummy right now.
These two statements don't jive together.  what is Twitsed actually saying about xeiron?  First, Twisted is the only guy who has a townread on xeiron; then, Eevee is his only town read.

I'm recalling also his list of reads from before, that really just looked like he was making bland statements about each player, making sure that there was something scummy in the play from each one.  This makes is super easy for scumTwisted to jump on whatever mislynch happens to crop up.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 12, 2013, 06:45:25 pm »

I sort of agree with Shraeye here.  Everyone has obviously done "scummy things" so far in this game.  Just making a list of these things isn't useful for scumhunting.  TA just made a list without coming to strong conclusions, and that could be what Shraeye said:  Scum leaving themselves open to jump on a mislynch, saying "Oh, well I thought that this person was scummy earlier (see that post) so it's not weird that I'm on wagon."

I'm also concerned with his attitude towards Xeiron.  Both days he has been saying "What Nkirbit is saying about Xeiron makes so much sense, every time he talks about it I find myself agreeing with him."  But he still has a townread on Xeiron.  Granted, this could either be scum!TA trying to push town!Xeiron without being scummy, or scum!TA trying to say he agrees with something that makes sense (because it wouldn't make sense for logical TA to disagree) without pushing a lynch on scum!Xeiron, or it could be town!TA having reservations about unknown!Xeiron.  I don't think it necessarily is indicative of anything, but it is causing me concerns.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 12, 2013, 06:53:03 pm »

For the meanwhile,
vote: Twistedarcher

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 12, 2013, 07:29:14 pm »

I'm also concerned with his attitude towards Xeiron.  Both days he has been saying "What Nkirbit is saying about Xeiron makes so much sense, every time he talks about it I find myself agreeing with him."  But he still has a townread on Xeiron.  Granted, this could either be scum!TA trying to push town!Xeiron without being scummy, or scum!TA trying to say he agrees with something that makes sense (because it wouldn't make sense for logical TA to disagree) without pushing a lynch on scum!Xeiron, or it could be town!TA having reservations about unknown!Xeiron.  I don't think it necessarily is indicative of anything, but it is causing me concerns.

Your case on Xeiron makes sense -- I understand completely where you're coming from, and I think you're being logical about it, and I see what you're thinking, etc. I just disagree that he's scum. I really do think that he's town. There's a chance he'll flip scum and look back and say "I can't believe I didn't see it, it was SO obvious, but I don't think he's pulling a massive gambit here. I just don't. That said, I don't think your case is one intended to drive a mislynch of town, I think it's a logic case, just one I disagree with. So I think you're towny for pushing the case, even though I think you're wrong.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 12, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »

Theorel, what exactly is the case on me that you're voting for?  That your wagon analysis matches me with the most people??

I really think we should be looking at Twisted more closely; I found another set of things that just doesn't add up.  This weekend I should have more time to reread things comprehensively, but scanning through recent posts today I found this:

Yeah. I don't think that's unusual, for this point of the game. We have a decent percentage of scum in the people left, and so little information to work with, that I wouldn't be shocked by any person flipping scum. Apart from Eevee, I really have no strong town reads, and he's not THAT strong of a town read.

I'm suspicious of all of you!
I mean, everyone single person except for me has agreed that Xeiron is scummy right now.
These two statements don't jive together.  what is Twitsed actually saying about xeiron?  First, Twisted is the only guy who has a townread on xeiron; then, Eevee is his only town read.

I'm recalling also his list of reads from before, that really just looked like he was making bland statements about each player, making sure that there was something scummy in the play from each one.  This makes is super easy for scumTwisted to jump on whatever mislynch happens to crop up.

Um, what?

Do you refute the statement that everyone except for me has stated, recently in Day 2, that they think Xeiron could be scum / they have a scum read on him? If you want, I can pull up specific quotes. But I don't get how you can find me scummy, for saying something that's not even an opinion, but 100% fact. You, Nkirbit, Ahoppy, Eevee, Chairs, and Theorel have all stated at some point today that Xeiron is scummy, and that you all could see yourselves voting him (or something similar, but with the exact same meaning.) This is a fact. You find me scummy for stating a fact?

Eevee is a sort of strong town read (not ironclad, though), in part because I have a town read on Xeiron. Now, I don't have a STRONG town read on Xeiron. But I do have a town read. It would surprise me if Eevee flipped scum. I don't think Xeiron will flip scum, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

I don't think Xeiron is scum. But would it surprise me if he is? No. Town read, not a strong town read. This is where I stand on Xeiron. I think it's suspicious that no one is defending him but me. It makes me think even more than he's town. He's an easy mislynch target, probably the easiest, and it only confirms my read when most people read him as scummy (scummy and anti-town are not the same).

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:59 pm »

I don't buy Xeiron as the "easy mislynch target".  No one except for me is voting for him!  People have said he's scummy, and then drifted their conversation off elsewhere.  The easy mislynch target gets voted for.  Mail-mi picked up votes easily.  Xeiron has not.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »

I made a reads list, from scum to town, with things that made me think each person could be scum, and things that made that same person think they could be town. I have reasons for both for most of you. I don't get why including them is scummy.

What's your case on me, Shraeye? That I'm not sure who I want to vote for? Cause that's completely correct, I'm not sure. You are pushing me in a certain direction, though. I could see everyone in the game being scum, but I'm pretty sure I want to lynch from (Shraeye, Ahoppy, Chairs, Theorel) today. Which of those, I'm not quite sure yet.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 12, 2013, 07:40:32 pm »

I also don't get Theorel's vote on Shraeye, or Eevee's for that matter.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:28 pm »

Do you refute the statement that everyone except for me has stated, recently in Day 2, that they think Xeiron could be scum / they have a scum read on him?
If this is what you think I was doing, you need to reread my post.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 12, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Eevee - Obviously, he's going to be lower on this list than Xeiron. Given that I think Xeiron is probably town, I think Eevee is probably town, too. And I don't think there's a insignificant chance that Xeiron is scum, and his fellow scum are pushing on him right now with plans to immediately mislynch Eevee tomorrow. So this gives me even more of a town read on Eevee.

This is what you said about Eevee in your reads, and you have described him as a "strong townread".  If this was a list of "Players we should not lynch today", I get why Eevee is here.  But this isn't that list... it's a list of your reads.  The only reason you have for Eevee here is in relation to Xeiron's claim... why do you have a "strong townread" on Eevee to the point where you would be surprised if he flipped scum, given that you don't have such a read on Xeiron and Xeiron's claim is your only listed reason for Eevee's townness.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 12, 2013, 07:54:44 pm »

Because, I have a town read on Xeiron, and Eevee is going to be stronger than Xeiron, because I think there's a decent chance that if Xeiron is scum, Eevee is still town.

Everyone keeps saying that there's no way Xeiron would claim a cop result on Eevee, that's too crazy, he has no reason to do that. Yet they're okay accepting that Xeiron's crazy enough to do everything he's done.

Eevee will be a stronger read than Xeiron. Xeiron is a town read. Eevee's a stronger town read.

Did you not read the second sentence of that paragraph? It's all in there.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »

Do you refute the statement that everyone except for me has stated, recently in Day 2, that they think Xeiron could be scum / they have a scum read on him?
If this is what you think I was doing, you need to reread my post.

Re-read it. I think I answered what you were accusing me of.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 12, 2013, 07:59:13 pm »

If you think you answered it, then why did you also add the sarcastic paragraph about me finding you scummy for listing a fact?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 12, 2013, 08:02:14 pm »

If you think you answered it, then why did you also add the sarcastic paragraph about me finding you scummy for listing a fact?

I don't know, I'm irritated that you and Nkirbit are asking me questions that are answered in quotes that you quoted, or ones that are on the same page. Or maybe I'm just a sarcastic person? You do the same all the day, I'd expect it to bother you less than others.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 12, 2013, 08:02:33 pm »

Did I answer your question, or not?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83  All

Page created in 1.892 seconds with 20 queries.