Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196079 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 2!)
« Reply #1600 on: July 08, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »

It could be, but I'd doubt we'd find the scum team that easily. We have little to no chance of actually naming the correct team right now. Certainly interactions are helpful, but I think our best bet it to zero in on one scummy person (who could have plausible partners, though), and then hopefully lynch scum today and look at interactions tomorrow. We aren't required to name a scum team today, just to find one member of the team.

Just curious though, why Nkirbit/Shraeye instead of Theorel? Theorel was also on Xeiron's wagon.

Also, to be fair, I also thought Xeiron was scummy, but my vote was parked on Spiritbears during that entire ordeal.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 08, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »

Xeiron's plan is probably moot, anyways. It'll be N2 when he writes someone, and then N3 when that person can actually execute the plan, D4 for the results and by that point if we're still playing we'll have much better information to go off of, given that we'd probably have lynched scum D2 and D3 if there's a D4.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 08, 2013, 08:03:45 pm »

I'm automatically suspicious of Shraeye simply due to bandwagon analysis. Assuming Shraeye is town means that all 3 scum were on the wagon, which is something I don't think they'd do D1.
This is pretty silly.  People keep relying on scum conveniently splitting themselves up, and people rely on this all the time when doing voting analysis.  You can bet that if I'm scum, I'm instructing my partners to all be on-wagon or off-wagon.  Every time.  Seriously, people take this on/off split as bible, and anytime that sort of analysis happens, scum can just manipulate the heck out of it.

The game is afoot, let's see how this plays out then.

I am a sharing flavor cop.

Due to the deaths that have happened so far this game, it is my strong suspicion that shraeye is scum, as we lynched Tesla (a townie) and Shraeye is his rival, Edison.  It would fit, thematically, for rival geniuses IRL to be rival geniuses in-game, and therefore I posit that shraeye is the scum of Menlow Park.

Vote: Shraeye
Yeah, I'm Edison.  I didn't know that he was Tesla's rival, but now that I do, a certain thing makes a lot more sense.  Arch built that rivalry into the game (maybe intentionally, maybe not), but not in a scum/town style.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 08, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »

I received this message last night.

It’s [redacted]. I’m a mailman, write 1 player nightly. Wrote mail-mi N0. Now, have a [redacted] (NO idea what it’s for). My items a telephone. Sending you 1 tonight. It doesn’t work alone though, you must combine it with something else (no idea what…)

Another reason why I think Xeiron is scum.  Does it make sense for pen to be in the game, when we already have a telephone, that would presumably be used for sending messages?  What else can pen be used for?  Do we think there are multiple combinations that create a mailman?

At some point in the near future, I'm going to go recap all of the reasons why I think Xeiron is scum.
This was one thing that I was worried about.  I know what an item I was given night 0 does (the person who gave it to me knows what it does too, I assume...don't claim anything regarding it).  It seems like an innocuous thing to ask for, but the power it gives would be really dangerous in scum hands.  It's pretty great for town, which is why I'm intentionally not saying anything.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:45 pm »

It could be, but I'd doubt we'd find the scum team that easily. We have little to no chance of actually naming the correct team right now. Certainly interactions are helpful, but I think our best bet it to zero in on one scummy person (who could have plausible partners, though), and then hopefully lynch scum today and look at interactions tomorrow. We aren't required to name a scum team today, just to find one member of the team.

Just curious though, why Nkirbit/Shraeye instead of Theorel? Theorel was also on Xeiron's wagon.

Also, to be fair, I also thought Xeiron was scummy, but my vote was parked on Spiritbears during that entire ordeal.

I'm not necessarily discounting Theorel, but he did suggest the vote counting (which you just completed).  That seems a bit towny to me.

Shraeye just for some reason hits my gut reaction meter, and the theme doesn't help his case for me.  Nkirbit seemed like a likely candidate based on my concept of the on-wagon/off-wagon game, particularly if Xeiron's actually scum.

I have tomorrow off work, so I'll try to slog through our massive threadnaught here to reread Shraeye as he's the one with the blinky red light in my head right now.

I'm automatically suspicious of Shraeye simply due to bandwagon analysis. Assuming Shraeye is town means that all 3 scum were on the wagon, which is something I don't think they'd do D1.
This is pretty silly.  People keep relying on scum conveniently splitting themselves up, and people rely on this all the time when doing voting analysis.  You can bet that if I'm scum, I'm instructing my partners to all be on-wagon or off-wagon.  Every time.  Seriously, people take this on/off split as bible, and anytime that sort of analysis happens, scum can just manipulate the heck out of it.

Due to the deaths that have happened so far this game, it is my strong suspicion that shraeye is scum, as we lynched Tesla (a townie) and Shraeye is his rival, Edison.  It would fit, thematically, for rival geniuses IRL to be rival geniuses in-game, and therefore I posit that shraeye is the scum of Menlow Park.

Yeah, I'm Edison.  I didn't know that he was Tesla's rival, but now that I do, a certain thing makes a lot more sense.  Arch built that rivalry into the game (maybe intentionally, maybe not), but not in a scum/town style.

Is this something you can clarify?  Role Madness is certainly not my forte, so I'm willing to admit that there's potential for weirdness I simply don't get.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: July 08, 2013, 08:21:43 pm »

Is this something you can clarify?  Role Madness is certainly not my forte, so I'm willing to admit that there's potential for weirdness I simply don't get.

It isn't something I can clarify.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 08, 2013, 08:35:48 pm »

In what way does a town-town "rivalry" make sense? I mean yeah yeah, it's RMM and all that jazz, but that seems strongly to me like it'd be scum-town rather than town-town (obviously I have less information than you do)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 08, 2013, 08:38:22 pm »

Chairs, if Xeiron is scum, what do you think of the (likely, in my mind) possibility that Eevee is his scumbuddy?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 08, 2013, 08:39:31 pm »

Rivalry is chairs' word, that I used as well.  What I mean to say is that, knowing that Tesla and Edison have a RL connection helps me understand something.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:08 pm »

Rivalry is chairs' word, that I used as well.  What I mean to say is that, knowing that Tesla and Edison have a RL connection helps me understand something.

Ok, cool.

But why even post this if you're immediately going to say that you can't say what it is?

If it helps you understand something, that's great if you're town, but if it's something you can't say, I don't know why you'd make the post. Posting "I learned something, but I can't tell you guys what it is!" just smells of manipulation to me.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 08, 2013, 10:17:39 pm »

Ok, cool.

But why even post this if you're immediately going to say that you can't say what it is?

If it helps you understand something, that's great if you're town, but if it's something you can't say, I don't know why you'd make the post. Posting "I learned something, but I can't tell you guys what it is!" just smells of manipulation to me.
What do you think you're being manipulated into?  I'm not saying "oh hey, I know something; let's all vote chairs...just trust me, I can't explain."  If I'm manipulating you, I need a purpose, so tell me what my dastardly plan is?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:02 pm »

It could just be you trying to get town cred. I'm not saying you have a master plan, but that I think that's a more likely comment to come from scum than from town.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 08, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »

It’s [redacted]. I’m a mailman, write 1 player nightly. Wrote mail-mi N0. Now, have a [redacted] (NO idea what it’s for). My items a telephone. Sending you 1 tonight. It doesn’t work alone though, you must combine it with something else (no idea what…)

Another reason why I think Xeiron is scum.  Does it make sense for pen to be in the game, when we already have a telephone, that would presumably be used for sending messages?  What else can pen be used for?  Do we think there are multiple combinations that create a mailman?

At some point in the near future, I'm going to go recap all of the reasons why I think Xeiron is scum.
This was one thing that I was worried about.  I know what an item I was given night 0 does (the person who gave it to me knows what it does too, I assume...don't claim anything regarding it).  It seems like an innocuous thing to ask for, but the power it gives would be really dangerous in scum hands.  It's pretty great for town, which is why I'm intentionally not saying anything.

This is odd to me.  You're essentially saying, "I have this great power, but I'm not going to tell you what it is!"  If you have a "great power", you want to keep quiet about it so you aren't the NK and you get to use it, yet you chose to say you had it.  I agree with TA that it's odd that you said this.. there are plenty of reasons not to say this if you're town, so why did you say it?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 08, 2013, 10:49:08 pm »

I believe Chairs, btw, but I don't buy that his claim is necessarily a towny one. It seems like there would be a lot of utility in scum for figuring out flavor claims for players, given that from what we've seen, flavor seems to be a giveaway for items. I don't know what utility it has for town, other than confirming or disproving claims.

If I were scum and Chairs was as well, I'd absolutely tell him to keep up the newbie-vibe, saying that the paper claim got him town cred, and the hammer might have as well. I'd keep up the charade and tell him to claim this early in D2. So that could be what's happening here, with the quick claim that doesn't really tell us anything about Shraeye's scumminess.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »

My big worry about Chairs was his hammer, and the part where he said he knew it was scummy but did it anyway.  It felt like a player trying to play up his newness rather than a new player making a mistake.  Just the feeling I got from it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 09, 2013, 12:46:47 am »

This is odd to me.  You're essentially saying, "I have this great power, but I'm not going to tell you what it is!"  If you have a "great power", you want to keep quiet about it so you aren't the NK and you get to use it, yet you chose to say you had it.  I agree with TA that it's odd that you said this.. there are plenty of reasons not to say this if you're town, so why did you say it?
There is a key mischaracterization in your post here; based on how nit-picky you read AHoppy's post that we were talking about day1, I'm suspicious of how quickly you paint me as scummy instead of hearing what I'm actually saying.  I didn't say that I currently have a great power.  Maybe I never got it, maybe I did; maybe I used it already, maybe I didn't.

Based on what I know, I am very sure of the towniness of a particular player (it would be too powerful if scum had this item to start with, i suspect), and I hope that player knows their power.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:02 am »

Hm, interesting.  I guess I was misunderstanding.  I guess I read "I was given this item", "The power that item gives is pretty great for town" and assumed you had the power, which I don't think is an unreasonable conclusion to make.  But if it doesn't work that way, fair enough.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 09, 2013, 02:29:47 am »

Now that we are starting claiming I think we are ready for a organised mass claim.

I want us to claim popcorn style in three rounds.
First I want everyone to declare who they sent items to.
Second I want everyone to claim items they have gotten.
Third I want everyone to claim what other powers they have used.

I am fine with starting.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 09, 2013, 02:37:33 am »

Not participating in that.

Even if we lynch scum today we have two more scum to catch. Pretty sure your plan just gives scum the roadmap to victory.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:09 am »

Do you not want us to claim roles, either?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 09, 2013, 02:40:14 am »

Not at all okay with Xeiron's idea.  If we're going to mass claim, I want Xeiron to explain his plan first.  Giving out info about exactly which items are in the game just gives him more and more ways to make his plan look legitimate.  If his plan's legitimate, I want him to explain it before we claim.

That being said, not sure I want to claim at this point.  I will think about it.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 09, 2013, 07:40:37 am »

I agree with TA/nkirbit...claiming is the wrong move here.  If we mislynch, our one hope is protective roles.  Unless a claim is going to for sure out scum, we need to have the potential to recover from a mislynch.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 09, 2013, 08:13:48 am »

Sorry, I'm on mobile right now so this will probably be brief.

TA: the crack I made earlier about Edison/Tesla was a joke, nothing more. I have no more information about it.

That being said, I already had a bad feeling about chairs yesterday, and today it hasn't gotten any better. Question: xerion, did you receive paper last night?

So, chairs this game has been playing up his newbieness quite a lot. Mostly to make moves he thinks could be mistakes. I feel like after doing it once, he would have gotten shy and not repeated any more bold moves that could upset people. But he hasn't, which leads me to think this is a scum ploy to make us think he's confused newbie town. The hammer really did it in for me. I mean, he didn't even give mail mi a chance to claim or defend himself.  He was able to secure a mislynch and avoid a lot of suspicion a vet might get doing the same thing. I'm not willing to give chairs a newbie pass any longer. Vote: chairs

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 09, 2013, 08:14:34 am »

Also, I'm against the mass claim as well. It would just help scum solve the game and make fake claims easier

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 09, 2013, 11:11:29 am »

Chairs, if Xeiron is scum, what do you think of the (likely, in my mind) possibility that Eevee is his scumbuddy?

I don't recall what Eevee has done, offhand, that was scummy, and trying to reread anybody in this is just driving me insane.  Are there any points in particular that you're thinking of?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 83  All

Page created in 1.379 seconds with 20 queries.