Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196087 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1500 on: July 03, 2013, 08:08:51 pm »

Day, not game

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 03, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

Raerae, that case is weak.  Lurk, lurk, lurk...crappy scum hunting...lurk...pops up at name.

Dude said he reads along by phone.  He can post when asked.

Is he acti-lurking?  Yep.  Is that a reason to lynch D1?  Yep.  Is he the best lynch today, given we have far scummier folks around?  Nope.

We also get zip from his flip.  Bad lynch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 03, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

60 pages in and what's this awesome case on Ahoppy?  Lurking?  We can do better.

We need this game to end. We need the time for later and we need this game to not be a giant albatross.

Personally, I don't like the EFHW case, I won't lynch Raerae or Nkirbit or Mail-mi, don't like Xeiron or Eevee anymore, think we have less on Chairs than on Ahoppy. Only other lynches I'll consider are Theorel, Ashersky, and maaaaaybe Shraeye (don't have a scum read, have shockingly little memory on his views / points compared to usual).

I don't love the Ahoppy case, but I think it's sufficient for what we have right now, and we're wasting our time that will be better spent on another day if we spend another 3-4 days building more cases on people who may or may not get lynched.

I get it.  Day too long.

You see how your post says "this day is too long, let's mislynch town so it will end" right?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 03, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »

TA, if you feel so strongly that the day needs to end that you feel lynching town is completely acceptable and preferred to not, why not offer yourself up?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 03, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

Ash, if lurking is really all you see in that case then here's my take: I'd rather lynch a lurker D1 than have to worry about them D4.  I want people around with things to analyze, not somebody I know nothing about.

Shraeye and I are going to dinner with my folks and then I'm going to try to convince him to do a bit more packing.  Consider this the unofficial start to our v/la.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 03, 2013, 08:16:53 pm »

Vote Count 1.18
EFHW (1) ashersky
Eevee (2) theorel, mail-mi
AHoppy (5) shraeye, raerae, nkirbit, chairs, Twistedarcher
mail-mi (2) xeiron, Eevee

Not Voting: (2) AHoppy, EFHW

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
6 to no-lynch

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »

I don't have any kind of read on Ahoppy and don't want to vote him.  And I don't have anyone else I have a strong scum read on now, so, yeah.  I really did think Eevee was scum. 

I'm not comfortable with how xeiron is pretty much running the show while parceling out information in tiny bits and pieces.  It would super ultra daring to do all this as a scum ploy, but can we expect some kind of confirmation Day 2?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19:11 pm »

How about mail-mi?  He's a distant second on my scum read list.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »

I don't have any kind of read on Ahoppy and don't want to vote him.  And I don't have anyone else I have a strong scum read on now, so, yeah.  I really did think Eevee was scum. 

I'm not comfortable with how xeiron is pretty much running the show while parceling out information in tiny bits and pieces.  It would super ultra daring to do all this as a scum ploy, but can we expect some kind of confirmation Day 2?

Scum could help us out and kill him.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 03, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »

Wow that's a lot of stuff. I think I'll go back to efhw, and were at freakin' 61 pages!

vote: efhw
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 03, 2013, 08:22:38 pm »

Scum could help us out and kill him.
Him being xeiron?  Then why aren't you voting him?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:01 pm »

How about mail-mi?  He's a distant second on my scum read list.
He seems like a random voter at this point and lynching him would be a random lynch.  So, I don't know. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »

TA, if you feel so strongly that the day needs to end that you feel lynching town is completely acceptable and preferred to not, why not offer yourself up?

That's a silly question, with an obvious answer.

I'm voting Ahoppy because I have had a slight scum read on him for most of the day, but preferred the Eevee case. With Xeiron's info, I now prefer the Ahoppy lynch over the EFHW lynch.

Working against tonight's soft deadline, I think this is the viable lynch that gives us the best chance at catching scum. (ie, better than EFHW or mail-mi).

Ash, you are the only vote on EFHW, currently -- are you willing to lynch either mail-mi or Ahoppy, the other wagons?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:35 pm »

I suppose I'll claim at L-1, and when available.  I defended myself in my previous post, and I don't think there is anything more I can say about it. 
Here's a link to my defense

While I'm at it, I kinda want to make a case on chairs.  This whole game (i know he has been vla, but still) he seems to mostly be sheeping other people or voting without giving much reason or just because he thinks he should.  Right before he went VLA, he put down a vote for TA (post #673), seemingly just choosing one of the two in the TA/SB debacle.  Granted, he did follow up with it later, but I think he could  have taken his time and thought up some reasonable answers to why he voted the way he did, during his long absence.  What I'm saying is, it doesn't sit well with me that he was willing to throw down his vote when he thought he was up against a deadline with no stated reasons for his vote other than (paraphrasing) "well I need to pick someone from this argument, so vote: Twistedarcher".

He does the exact same thing again when he had 3 wagons to choose from:
Chairs, you should really get your vote down.

It's honestly been pretty hard for me to decide, but deadlines wait for no man, and I suppose I should pick one of the three viable lynches, so...

Vote: Eevee
Again with the "well I just have to pick someone, I don't have a good reason, but here's my vote". 
he again comes back later when someone calls him out on it, and unvotes while he thinks about it.  But still, the "well I just need to get my vote down without any reason" mentality feels scummy to me.

Other than his voting habits, his paper claim doesn't give him towncred in my book.  Anything that appears to be easy towncred I would attribute with something scum would be willing to do.  I don't think an unpressured claim neccesarily means scum in my book.

Additionally, when he does posts his reads, it is after most people have posted theirs and seems to be taking many bits from other people's reads with not as many original thoughts.  I don't have data to back this up, but this is just my general impression.  I could be completely wrong.  but still.

I understand that chairs is probably not going to be the lynch for today.  I'm not even sure that he is the right lynch, especially if we are giving xerion the chance to go through with his plan. So I'm not going to vote chairs.  But be on the lookout for him in the future.

PPE: there were 19 posts made while I was writing this, so I'll go back and re-read those again and see what I think about all that and reply again

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 03, 2013, 08:35:45 pm »

Alright, I don't have much new from those 19 posts, but I think I could do a mail-mi lynch.  Yes, his play feels like he did in mean girls, but with a little more participation.  I thought eevee was scum as well, so I'm in the same boat as efhw, I don't really have anything...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: July 03, 2013, 08:40:49 pm »

That's a silly question, with an obvious answer.

I'm voting Ahoppy because I have had a slight scum read on him for most of the day, but preferred the Eevee case. With Xeiron's info, I now prefer the Ahoppy lynch over the EFHW lynch.

Working against tonight's soft deadline, I think this is the viable lynch that gives us the best chance at catching scum. (ie, better than EFHW or mail-mi).

Ash, you are the only vote on EFHW, currently -- are you willing to lynch either mail-mi or Ahoppy, the other wagons?

2 votes on EFHW now.

I would switch to mail-mi if I had to.  Not Ahoppy.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 03, 2013, 09:06:59 pm »

Where is everyone?  Is tonight actually a soft deadline or no?  I am available tonight, so it works well for me

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »

I'm around, but I'm pretty comfortable with my vote. Definitely prefer you over Mail-mi and EFHW.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 03, 2013, 09:27:39 pm »

What do you think of Nkirbit's interpretation of your information, and basing his read of you on that?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 03, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »

vote: mail-mi

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 03, 2013, 09:33:43 pm »

What do you think of Nkirbit's interpretation of your information, and basing his read of you on that?
well, I still don't know what information he saw in my post that was revealing and showing him that I am town.  Or why I would think that one-shot roles would cause you not to be able to do things with items.  Why don't you think my reavealing info is towny any more nkirbit?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 03, 2013, 09:37:49 pm »

well, I still don't know what information he saw in my post that was revealing and showing him that I am town.  Or why I would think that one-shot roles would cause you not to be able to do things with items.  Why don't you think my reavealing info is towny any more nkirbit?

What gave him the town read is (I believe) that he felt you had information about x-shot roles, implying that you had a x-shot role. He felt that a town member would be more likely to have this role than a scum member. I don't necessarily agree with his assumption that town is more likely to have an x-shot role.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:21 pm »

Ah I see.  I never said I don't have an x-shot role.  I just said I didn't think they caused you to not be able to do anything with items.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 03, 2013, 09:46:41 pm »

What gave him the town read is (I believe) that he felt you had information about x-shot roles, implying that you had a x-shot role. He felt that a town member would be more likely to have this role than a scum member. I don't necessarily agree with his assumption that town is more likely to have an x-shot role.

This is correct.

I am around as well, and likewise comfortable with my vote on Ahoppy.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 03, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »

Fair enough.  I'm sorry, I don't know of anything I can say to change your guy's votes.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.