Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196105 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1450 on: July 03, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »

A couple of questions for you, Xeiron:

If you're so sure that scum falls among four people, why on earth would you want to no lynch? Assuming 3 scum, that's a 75% chance of success! If I thought I had a 75% chance of success, no way I'd ever be advocating not actually lynching someone!

If you're so sure of who's scum, what's the point of your plan?

Everytime you make a post like this, you just get more suspicious to me..I think you're town, but man, you are so certain about so many things that you just can't possibly be certain about.

Several of these townreads did appeared after I put forth my no-lynch play.
I guess you are right that I should start working towards lynching someone now.

I whish I could say you are wrong in the last sentence, but you may be right that I am more certain about this game than I am.
It should be fine for D1, and I will thoroughly reconsider all my reads and assumtions in when D2 starts to make sure I wont play this game misguided.

In the meantime, can you please explain your reads? Every single one of them?
no

Can you explain why you won't explain your reads?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 03, 2013, 04:12:40 pm »

Xeiron, if you have four possible scum, and one of them seems to be a potential candidate for today (EFHW), why aren't you voting there?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 03, 2013, 04:21:10 pm »

Xeiron, if you have four possible scum, and one of them seems to be a potential candidate for today (EFHW), why aren't you voting there?
Because I find the other three more likely.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 03, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »

If you're so sure that scum falls among four people, why on earth would you want to no lynch? Assuming 3 scum, that's a 75% chance of success! If I thought I had a 75% chance of success, no way I'd ever be advocating not actually lynching someone!

Everytime you make a post like this, you just get more suspicious to me..I think you're town, but man, you are so certain about so many things that you just can't possibly be certain about.

I whish I could say you are wrong in the last sentence, but you may be right that I am more certain about this game than I am.
It should be fine for D1, and I will thoroughly reconsider all my reads and assumtions in when D2 starts to make sure I wont play this game misguided.

no

I am not going to do so today.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 03, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

no

I am not going to do so today.

Must...resist...urge...to...policy....vote

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: July 03, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »

This second part could be Xeiron planning his excuse for later days on why his "plan" hasn't work. This could just be a gambit and he's planning on saying D2 "Plan's in progress, leave me alone!" and then on D3 "Sorry guys, I miscalculated!" By that point, he's the lynch probably, but he avoided being lynched on the first two days.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 03, 2013, 04:24:44 pm »

Agree that this is very strange...

He's basically claiming to have already SOLVED THE GAME.

Yet, we MUST keep him alive, because he has a plan that will allow him to SOLVE THE GAME.

What??

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 03, 2013, 04:27:17 pm »

I'm going to announce my intentions to vote Eevee.  I don't believe that it's the hammer, but I'm going to go back and recount to make sure I don't derp hammer.

Xeiron seems to be strongly pulling us away from this hammer.  It's odd to me that's he's shown up in earnest right as Eevee gets to L-1, makes a case for another player, and Eevee immediately follows.  But I'd much rather lynch Xeiron.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 03, 2013, 04:28:36 pm »

Vote: Eevee

Back to L-1.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 03, 2013, 04:35:08 pm »

Yet, we MUST keep him alive, because he has a plan that will allow him to SOLVE THE GAME.

What??
I have a plan that will allow me to SOLVE THE GAME as you call it. I have not done so already.
But I do have stronger reads that I ever have had D1.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 03, 2013, 04:37:49 pm »

Vote Count 1.17
EFHW (2) ashersky, Eevee
Eevee (6) EFHW, AHoppy, theorel, Twistedarcher, mail-mi, nkirbit
AHoppy (2) shraeye, raerae
mail-mi (2) xeiron, Eevee
No Lynch (1) xeiron

Not Voting: (1) chairs

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
6 to no-lynch

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 03, 2013, 04:40:46 pm »

What??
I have a plan that will allow me to SOLVE THE GAME as you call it. I have not done so already.
But I do have stronger reads that I ever have had D1.

I just think it's pretty unbelievable that you're naming a scum team on D1, and refusing to vote for anyone except for those 3 people.

I'm biased, because I'm one of the people you named, and I have a strong town read on another (Mail-mi), but I think it's just much more likely, and it makes more sense, that you're lining up 3 townies for mislynch, not really caring which one gets lynched, while trying to steer the conversation away from others. In this instance, Eevee's very possibly your partner, giving the timing of how you've moved away from him, and EFHW very possibly, as well, giving that you put her in the group where scum would come from, yet you're unwilling to join a wagon on her.

Scum trying to line up any of 3 mislynches just makes way more sense than town actually thinking he's figured out the scum team D1.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 03, 2013, 04:43:35 pm »

Town on Day1 is also willing to explain why he's "figured" out the scum team, so we can actually, you know, lynch them, rather than refusing to explain their reads.  I think that the player with the most incentive to refuse to explain reads is the player who doesn't actually have them and is making up conclusions.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 03, 2013, 04:46:52 pm »

Town on Day1 is also willing to explain why he's "figured" out the scum team, so we can actually, you know, lynch them, rather than refusing to explain their reads.  I think that the player with the most incentive to refuse to explain reads is the player who doesn't actually have them and is making up conclusions.

Agreed, this really concerns me.

However, TA's point that he may be trying to buddy us away from the Eevee lynch is also valid.

I'd be the hammer and I want to see these last few hours before our soft deadline play out, but should we not have a solid alternative later, I'll be hammering on Eevee.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 03, 2013, 04:48:35 pm »

I had hoped to avoid this.

I am a cop (one-shot)

I investigatedeevee and he is town

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 03, 2013, 05:01:16 pm »

Why did you decided to use your one shot cop on N0?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 03, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »

Unvote to consider.  This is actually consistent with some of the things Xeiron had said... such as having a town player to send pen + paper to for sure.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 03, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »

1. So I could send items to someone right from the start knowing they are town. (If they showed scum I would have them lynched D1)
2. To get a reliable read, as I believe any redirectors, framers or other roles that messes with results would be more likely to appear later in the game if they exists in this game at all. In RMM7 scum won by messing with the cop.
3. I hoped I would get other fancy roles to use later in the game.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 03, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »

He says this like it's no big deal if we lynch a PR.  It still is, especially if it's a super powerful role like cop or doctor.  Additionally, EFHW brought up at some point that most of our roles are probably going to be 1-shot based on the fact that we can create our own PR's.  People thought this meant that our PR's we create are going to be 1-shot.  While this makes a lot of sense, I think it's more important to note that most of our initial PR's are probably 1-shot.  If we're able to give ourselves a PR every night, I feel like an unlimited PR would be way OP. This being said, if ash is an investigative role, I'm not sure he would use up his 1 shot night 0.  This also includes losing whatever item(s) ash is capable of giving away.  Long story short, I don't like how unconcerned xerion is with a mislynch. 

1. So I could send items to someone right from the start knowing they are town. (If they showed scum I would have them lynched D1)
2. To get a reliable read, as I believe any redirectors, framers or other roles that messes with results would be more likely to appear later in the game if they exists in this game at all. In RMM7 scum won by messing with the cop.

Ahoppy seems to believe that if one has a one-shot power, then they lose the ability to send items.  This reads to me as something Ahoppy knows, and not merely speculation.  Xeiron claims to be one-shot, yet still be able to send items after using his power.

I think this is worth discussing.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 03, 2013, 05:28:53 pm »

I think in this instance your claim was necessary.  I'm very excited to see how it affects what others are saying - since I believe you are more-likely-than-not town, this gives me all sorts of fun to reread  how everybody felt about eevee (and of course I invite rereads of my own thoughts re: eevee as well).  Offhand, this encourages suspicion of TA/nkirbit (though does not necessarily call them out as scum), and I guess makes me look a bit scummy myself (as I was willing to drop the hammer later).

Or we could WIFOM and you're arguing that you had one-shot cop when you're really just buddying to get your scumpartner Eevee out of the way...

...but I don't read this as that.

PPE:

He says this like it's no big deal if we lynch a PR.  It still is, especially if it's a super powerful role like cop or doctor.  Additionally, EFHW brought up at some point that most of our roles are probably going to be 1-shot based on the fact that we can create our own PR's.  People thought this meant that our PR's we create are going to be 1-shot.  While this makes a lot of sense, I think it's more important to note that most of our initial PR's are probably 1-shot.  If we're able to give ourselves a PR every night, I feel like an unlimited PR would be way OP. This being said, if ash is an investigative role, I'm not sure he would use up his 1 shot night 0.  This also includes losing whatever item(s) ash is capable of giving away.  Long story short, I don't like how unconcerned xerion is with a mislynch. 

Ahoppy seems to believe that if one has a one-shot power, then they lose the ability to send items.  This reads to me as something Ahoppy knows, and not merely speculation.  Xeiron claims to be one-shot, yet still be able to send items after using his power.

I think this is worth discussing.

I doubt that using a one-shot power precludes you from giving away items.  I don't read AHoppy's statement the way you do, though - to me, AHoppy is implying that a mislynch denies us the opportunity to trade the items around to make new PRs.  In other words, I believe AHoppy's intent is This being said, if ash is a (one-shot) investigative role, we may lose this power role on mislynch.  We would also (unrelated to the PR) lose the ability to gain whatever item ashersky is providing.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: July 03, 2013, 05:31:15 pm »

I had hoped to avoid this.

I am a cop (one-shot)

I investigatedeevee and he is town
Why avoid it if you are one-shot?  We (I) could have avoided quite a lot of trouble if you had claimed earlier.  Why should we believe you now?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:43 pm »

This is totally reactionary against people who refuse to acknowledge posts suggesting soft deadlines and then claim that there never was one.  It REALLY annoys me when soft deadlines are suggested, accepted by multiple players, multiple players act in such a way as to keep that deadline, and another player pretends like the soft deadline conversation never existed.
Yes, it is strange that raerae says we don't have a deadline.  We settled on today quite some time ago, though I and someone else suggested Monday at a couple points and ash wanted Tuesday.  I know there is a ton to read, but it was discussed more than once. 

I have an impression of raerae working against town somehow.  Maybe it's her style of questioning everything without saying much of her own perspective on the things she questions.  I know she has settled on Ahoppy as her preferred lynch.  I don't know.  It's an impression.

No.  We settled on today and then YOU (correct me if I'm wrong) said, naw, let's switch it to Monday.  Monday had come and gone when I posted that we didn't have a deadline because we'd already missed Monday and not reset Wednesday. 

Also, how are questions bad for town?  And I've already caught flack for this in a billion other games so don't bother pushing it here.  I give full reads at the end of the day, not before.  If you read carefully, you may be able to see that I'm suspicious of AHoppy, kermit, and a bit of TA.  But you know, they aren't all condensed in a nice little soup can for you every other post so I can see how that could make it look that I'm working against town.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 03, 2013, 05:35:26 pm »

Nope, not what I think. I was curious to know why someone would use a one shot role on someone if they don't have any basis for looking at a certain person. In xerion's case, I think it made sense. I can accept his response to my question although that does not bring him to an auto town read. But for now, unvote until I have more time to devote to this.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 03, 2013, 05:35:49 pm »

It's possible that xeiron was allowed to use the cop first, get his result, and then send an item. 

I can't believe that we would lose the ability to send out items after using a one-shot power.  I don't have any specific knowledge, but that just sounds really unlikely to me. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 03, 2013, 05:38:46 pm »

This is totally reactionary against people who refuse to acknowledge posts suggesting soft deadlines and then claim that there never was one.  It REALLY annoys me when soft deadlines are suggested, accepted by multiple players, multiple players act in such a way as to keep that deadline, and another player pretends like the soft deadline conversation never existed.
Yes, it is strange that raerae says we don't have a deadline.  We settled on today quite some time ago, though I and someone else suggested Monday at a couple points and ash wanted Tuesday.  I know there is a ton to read, but it was discussed more than once. 

I have an impression of raerae working against town somehow.  Maybe it's her style of questioning everything without saying much of her own perspective on the things she questions.  I know she has settled on Ahoppy as her preferred lynch.  I don't know.  It's an impression.

No.  We settled on today and then YOU (correct me if I'm wrong) said, naw, let's switch it to Monday.  Monday had come and gone when I posted that we didn't have a deadline because we'd already missed Monday and not reset Wednesday. 

Also, how are questions bad for town?  And I've already caught flack for this in a billion other games so don't bother pushing it here.  I give full reads at the end of the day, not before.  If you read carefully, you may be able to see that I'm suspicious of AHoppy, kermit, and a bit of TA.  But you know, they aren't all condensed in a nice little soup can for you every other post so I can see how that could make it look that I'm working against town.

No need for sarcasm.  I shared an impression.  Questions are just fine, often helpful.  More opinions and reasoning would be even better.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.